Community > Posts By > Roweanne

no photo
Tue 11/10/09 09:56 AM
I think I would ask for old fashioned, native American-type, outdoor survival skills, so that being part of modern society would be an option, not a neccessity. Would also make camping trips REALLY cheap.laugh

no photo
Tue 11/10/09 09:52 AM

8 weeks is a short time, especially since this "person" moved in with the neighbor upstairs from me. Any other man would have done something rather rash and done something frowned upon by the police. I, on the other hand have been subjected to it and had to take it, until my lease runs out in 2 months. I have other places to go, when the noise gets too much for me, at least I have that.

Eww, that sucks. You're tougher than some of the rest of us. Have you started apartment hunting yet?

no photo
Tue 11/10/09 09:42 AM
I had to have 2 seperate dogs put down, at different times, because they tried to bite people. I've never had to have one put down for health reasons, but when they can't hold their bladder and bowel, or if apetite decreases, or if they are getting sores that don't heal, or anything else changes, it's time to at least see the vet to see if there is anything that can be done to help. If the vet says that the problem will only get worse, or if treatments don't help, it's probably time. Not an easy decision, no matter what the reasons.

no photo
Tue 11/10/09 09:26 AM
I live in North Dakota, so wide open space with low population are a definite plus for me.

Baseball (Pittsburgh Pirates), Apple Pie (especially home-made dutch apple pie hot out of the oven with a big scoop of cinnamon ice cream), the Red, White and Blue, and Freedom of religion (all religions, as long as it doesn't harm anyone else or inhibit someone else's freedoms.)

Chevrolet used to be in that list, too, but then GM took the bail out. Now, in spite of myself, I guess Ford almost gets on the list.laugh

no photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:42 PM
And it is true that firing squad executions were meant for somewhat more honorable criminals in a genuinely military/warfare setting, not for snipers and terrorists against innocent civilian bystanders in a non-war setting.

no photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:40 PM
In cases like this, I aprove of the death penalty. This is one of the few instances in which I also approve of torture. Make sure that he tell you where all he has killed so that the families of his other victims have some small chance of "closure". If you have to hook his 'nads up to a battery to get him to talk, then so be it.

And as far as some of you claiming that this as a case of racism, I though the same thing when the perpetrator was a white boy by the name of Timothy McVey. Extreme terrorism calls for extreme punishment, regardless of racial background.

no photo
Wed 11/04/09 04:29 PM
My sincere condolences. Pets are part of the family.
First, contact your local police or animal shelter. They may know of local and state laws against cruelty to animals. If they don't know, then get in touch with one of the animal rights groups. they may know of any obscure laws in your area (that the cops and local shelters aren't aware of) that make it illegal to kill someone's beloved pet. And if you discover that this squatter is mooching off of any of your friends, make them fully aware of what he is capable of. You should be cautious, and tell everyone that you both know to be cautious, because if he is willing to kill an animal today, will it escelate to violence on other human beings later?
And don't respond in kind. It will inevitably backfire on you.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:37 PM
OK, well I tend to listen to Country music, and oldies. Never been into the Rolling Stones.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:24 PM
Edited by Roweanne on Fri 10/23/09 12:24 PM
Is this a riddle? Or some song that I've never heard?

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:22 PM
Edited by Roweanne on Fri 10/23/09 12:22 PM
I think that I'd prefer to live my life so that the true facts are quite an interesting obituary in and of themselves.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:12 PM
You should be more careful where you stick your nudge.laugh

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:10 PM
It's very cute.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 12:10 PM
Maybe it should have read "transcendental meditation".

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:52 AM
Yeah, and it's probably not legal fare for anyone under 21, either.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:33 AM
Another good one is honey milk balls:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 cup quick oats
1 cup powdered milk

mix these together and roll them into one inch balls. no cooking or baking required. Yum.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:30 AM
I have a similar recipe, but I think it also called for vanilla. They are good.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:27 AM
Like I said, knowing that you can pronounce everything in the ingredients.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:22 AM
I've actually done quite a few different things in my life. I've worked retail, driven truck, worked security (my favorite job was working night security in the Children's Museum of Indianapolis.), been the calf raiser on a dairy farm, worked as a CNA, sized and sorted natural sausage casings (YUK), and now I drive bus in addition to working at a convenience store. My dream job when I was a kid was being a dairy farmer, and I have worked on a dairy farm, both doing milking and raising calves. That only lasted about 8 months, and the dairy where I worked is now shut down, but it was my second favorite job ever. All in all, I have done more and seen more than most women my age, and I am quite satisfied. This isn't the life I would have preferred when I was younger, but I don't think that I would go back and change it. As far as one definite calling, I think some of us are destined to do lots of different things to fill in where other peoples' callings don't quite fill the gaps in life. Maybe I'm one of those people.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:11 AM
Edited by Roweanne on Fri 10/23/09 11:12 AM
OK, since we are talking about past lives and reincarnation, I have a few memories of being a little girl in the late 1800's or early 1900's. I was the child of an abusive man. The day he got so angry that he beat me to death, he also suffered a fatal stroke. These memories were jarred to the surface in this lifetime when I inadvertently visited the place. I knew where every building had been on the property, and what they looked like, even though they had bee gone for years. It was kind of creepy at first, but I've gotten used to it since.

no photo
Fri 10/23/09 11:03 AM
rofl Very cute.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 20 21