Community > Posts By > cherokeeangel53

cherokeeangel53's photo
Wed 08/13/08 05:50 PM
Thanks, Poly. I've found out by letting the guys know I'm looking for the real thing...the person who wants me to meet his family....it sure has cut down on the chances...lol.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 08/12/08 01:38 PM
Two new photos for everyone to check out!!!!

cherokeeangel53's photo
Sun 08/10/08 05:36 PM
well, that was certainly a short lived moment of fame....and not that many commented on the picture or profile.

Thanks to all of you who did comment and a special thanks to a new friend on here (musicchic knows who that is :wink: )

cherokeeangel53's photo
Fri 08/08/08 07:54 PM
lol....how true

cherokeeangel53's photo
Thu 08/07/08 04:48 PM
Why do I get the idea the girls outnumber the guys on here?

cherokeeangel53's photo
Wed 08/06/08 05:30 PM
I am sorry, didn't realize I'd done that. I will email you and fix my profile to take the block off if I can figure out how.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 08/05/08 05:29 PM
Posting this again since we've gone over to page 4, who knows someone new might come on and read it. I know one thing, I'm getting more views on my profile...so maybe there are some reading just not coming back to tell me what they think afraid they'll hurt my feelings. C'mon guys, I can take it, nothing can be as bad as losing your home and having your husband taken away while you are in the hospital.

I'm strong, yeah it will hurt but please tell me why I can't find someone to love me? See my picture and read my profile, is there something I can do to improve on the profile? Am I just so butte ugly no one wants to even look at me?

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 08/05/08 05:27 PM
It's when things tear up in the house that bothers me, hot water heater....AC. I feel so helpless sometimes, it makes me wished I'd watched him when he worked on things around the house so I could know how to do it.

Oh well, he knew how to work on things and I knew how to pay the bills and handle business.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Mon 08/04/08 07:50 PM
i guess being married since I was 17 and being with the one man for 37 years was a bit much. I confuse sex with love and love with sex. When they go their separate ways I feel exhausted emotionally and so guilty I am physically sick. Even at our age disease happens, I'd hate to die with a sexually transmitted disease....even worse, if I had to do it alone.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Sun 08/03/08 05:17 PM
i didn't know how to put it ladylike. But an example, I would like to make sure that I am truly in love and being loved back before becoming intimate. It seems all the guys want to do is go to bed with you, they may hang around for a month or so till someone new comes along. I want to know the guy really loves me and if there is a chance we'll make a long term commitment, then become intimate.

I guess that was where my question was going. I figure now if they know it's not a sex on the first date thing, if they keep hanging around, then maybe there is a chance.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Sat 08/02/08 08:31 PM

She's got the right idea.
You know that if you marry before 62, you lose previous husbands Social Security, FOREVER.

I didn't know that, my mother married twice (once before 62)and was still getting my dad's SS...and they divorced when she was in her 40's...I've got 37 years tied up in this marriage and walked away with a little furniture and 5K...there's no way I'm going to lose the SS too!

Okay, I want to live with a guy...lol.

Next question, is how do you know it is a relationship for the long run if the guys tend to run before the long happens?

cherokeeangel53's photo
Sat 08/02/08 01:44 AM
I'm almost afraid I'll marry the first guy that comes alone just to keep from being lonely...that is if one comes alone. I've had dates, it's just nothing lasting.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Thu 07/31/08 06:31 PM
Poly, tried all of the above, seems every where I go a man is with a woman. Gets tiresome sitting alone and watching them laugh together.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Wed 07/30/08 04:19 PM
Old Sage, I wished it was just that easy. But one thing I will do, I like the part about Fish or Cut the Bait. I'll come right out and ask from now own. If there is no chance of a future then why waste time.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Wed 07/30/08 04:17 PM

Ah Cherokee & CarolD,

There's this guy I have liked for so long and it felt mutual, BUT, we never got together nor did I ever get to the part where I felt like I was getting what I wanted.....

Then today I find him advertising on another site where I have been for so long....

Breaks my heart...why doesn't he see me for the goo, loving person that I am or was to him....

Its all such a nasty game...I gave him the space he seemed to need..made the effort not to be clingy....it didn't do any good..brokenheart brokenheart

I'm sooooo sorry, Poly. I met a man like that once. I was as good to him as a baby. I removed all my profiles and he stayed on the match making sites. Sometimes I think you can be too good to a man also.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 07/29/08 05:25 PM
I've had my share of scammers and married men. I've still got a married man begging me to be his lover. I told him I'm not into that stuff and I didn't want to be the other woman like my ex's girlfriend.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 07/29/08 03:45 PM

I'm strong, yeah it will hurt but please tell me why I can't find someone to love me? See my picture and read my profile, is there something I can do to improve on the profile? Am I just so butte ugly no one wants to even look at me?

Thought I'd repost the question so if anyone new comes looking and doesn't want to go to the first page.

(Please God, I'm so lonely I cold cry.)

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 07/29/08 03:43 PM
Thanks, Poly

cherokeeangel53's photo
Tue 07/29/08 02:50 PM
I just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy being with someone.

cherokeeangel53's photo
Mon 07/28/08 02:31 PM

The Lord will lead you to who he wants you to be with and vice versa. Be patient, pray and wait on him. Our impatience can drive us to someone who isn't good for us and vice versa.

Proverbs 3:5&6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths.

Your profile looks OK to me. I don't really understand the first line of it, but that's OK. It's interesting at any rate and I like that you acknowledge the Lord in your profile.

Take your time and enjoy your life. What do you do when you're not on JSH?

When I'm not on JSH or a bunch of match making sites, I'm going bowling (alone), movies (alone) or to listen to Gospel groups sing (alone). :cry:

Previous 1 3 4