Community > Posts By > snuggles1963

snuggles1963's photo
Thu 06/11/09 08:08 PM
I live in the middle of nowhere. Seriously, we even have t-shirts that say that. It is 150 miles to the nearest walmart. Even here, though, you can find things to do. We have a summer co-ed softball league that is fun and there is always poker at the Elks club on Friday nights. Being in a small town, there are lots of little parades, festivals and such. And if you are so inclined, we have 3 bars and kareoke once a week. What more could a person ask for? :banana:

snuggles1963's photo
Fri 06/05/09 07:34 PM

its more fun with other people.

Yeah, but there's not always others around, especially when you need them the most.

Ain't that the truth! Espcially when you are moving from house to house like I did last weekend. All of a sudden "WHAM" everyone disappears!

snuggles1963's photo
Fri 06/05/09 07:29 PM
I am drinking my diet dew alone right now......
:banana:

snuggles1963's photo
Sat 01/17/09 11:53 AM
Tell me he loves me and wants me even when I'm PMSing. :wink:

snuggles1963's photo
Tue 01/13/09 09:09 AM
Road trip to Ohio drinker

snuggles1963's photo
Tue 01/13/09 08:53 AM
Older - my cut off is they have to be younger than my Mom (65). I'm TYPICALLY not attracted to younger men, so that range has never been an issue. smokin

snuggles1963's photo
Mon 01/12/09 09:38 PM

we don't put our love for others before our children...even though children will rebel and move out and we turn to look at this person we fell in love with and say"oh yeah there you are?"

single parents know what i mean

When I adopted my Angel, I took on the responsibility of raising her to adulthood. It was a job that I took seriously and loved doing. As a parent, it is only normal to put your child first while you are still raising them. Once they become adults, then you can focus on yourself. I consider myself lucky to have had the privelge of loving and taking care of her during her formative years. Now I am looking for another kind of love...

snuggles1963's photo
Mon 01/12/09 09:26 PM

I'm wishing I had someone to cuddle with.

Going to bed and cuddling with my puppy. She's good to cuddle, but doesn't cuddle back very well.

snuggles1963's photo
Mon 01/05/09 09:08 PM

When you suffer from mental illness, how do you know when it is time to give up working and try to get on disability?

That's a really hard question. I am going through the process of trying to get on disability now. I have not worked since July 2005 and I just now have a hearing date. I was denied twice and at the end of this week have a hearing to get a judge to make the decision. Mental illness is probably the hardest disability to prove. You can't show x-rays or blood tests. I am bi-polar. I worked for the same company for 16 years. For the last eleven of those, I was checked into a mental hospital almost once a year. My first hospitalization was in 1994 and I was able to work almost a year a half after that until I was hospitalized again. The time period I was able to work before crashing again got smaller and smaller until finally, in 2005, I ended up going on a manic spree again after only 3 months at work and finally got fired.

Unfortunately, while you are applying for disability, you can't work at all (at least not when I applied 3 years ago). Once you get on it, you can work part time. I think I am strong and stable enough to maybe work a few hours a week, but I don't think I will ever be able to work full time again. Since I was a pretty successful computer software analyst, that is a hard pill to swallow, but I have come to know my limitations. In the 3.5 years I haven't worked, I have only had to be hospitalized once. Pretty amazing.

Noone can tell you what's right for you. You have to be in touch enough with yourself and your illness to know what you are capable of. For years I told myself I could handle it, but it became increasingly obvious that I couldn't. I volunteer some time at my friend's cafe, but that's about all I can handle at the time.

Good luck to you!

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:38 PM
because elmers glue doesn't last forever! Try superglue next time.
:tongue:

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:36 PM

TOO FAST FOR LOVE

"Fetch the pebble, from my hand",
I guess I still, dont understand.

"Patience is a vertue, dont you see",
but you didnt have, the patience, for me.

I rock all night, I rock all day,
I rock and rolled you, right away.

"Slow dowm my child, you move too fast".
My haste has put you, in my past.

When you look back, I know you'll find,
my innocent heart, was pure, and kind.

This vicious cycle, never ends,
another lover, just wants to be friends.

Dont you f_ckin hate this????

Ive got plenty of male friends!!!

I want a boyfriend, a lover, and a friend all together!!!

Wheres my love...hes got to be out there somewhere...

why cant I find him???

God knows im lookin!!!!!!

Okay, I'm confused, thought you just found that someone special. Gone already? Bummer!

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:35 PM
Homemade chocolate chip cookies bought at a local church.

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:30 PM

speaking of players.....look they're both in the same room. laugh flowerforyou

You see that quite a lot. I think they stalk each other!

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:29 PM
Tie between my Mom and my dog. Once upon a time it was my daughter, then she turned into a teenager!

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:28 PM

thank your stars that the rain isn't snow

been snowing here since last night. Too little to have fun, too much for enjoying outdoors. No life outside the windows.

Alaska. Pfffft.

Either drink, screw, or do both.

well, I've got the vodka and OJ, but missing an essential ingrediant for the other screw. sad

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 06:10 PM

it's 80 and clear here.

...heading southeast....

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 05:56 PM

flowerforyou Green potatoes and green potato chips are to be distinguished from brown potato chips, which are another matter entirely.flowerforyou

what what what whoa

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 05:55 PM
worked 10 hours, slept 3 hours, now doing laundry, while listening to the rain. sad

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 05:54 PM
Well, it's been raining all day here in the middle of nowhere. Great weather for cuddling, but my dog just isn't very good at snuggling back. What else is there to do on a rainy day/evening?

snuggles1963's photo
Sun 10/12/08 05:52 PM

kinda goofy tonight, it must be the milk and oreo's.

You should share - you take the outsides and I'll take the middle!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10