Wait. There isn't a Santa Claus? noway :tongue:

no, but rudolph is real, so hold on to that one instead

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:40 PM

I would believe if i got struck :tongue:

good answer

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:38 PM
...and cupid? i distictly remember the moments when i stopped believing in santa claus and the easter bunny, and the stork was just obvious. but when do people stop believing in cupid?

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:35 PM

"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. Revelation 20:11-12

All of us well face Judgement Day, and I think God can figure it out or the mentally challenged will be able to choose to know God or not to. I also believe as stated earlier that all children or those with the mind of children will be taken to God. But also think this may cover your islander question.

I have a cousin who is challenged and still at the age of 5 knew who Jesus was and was baptized at 9. From my work with her and her school I think if anything they have a much easier time grasping the concept and accepting it whole heartedly with out the questions we bring about religion. flowerforyou

I have a niece who is

do they know what God is because WE tell them or because God tells them? why doesn't anyone tell the islander?

Better question. Yet... maybe someone is out there trying to tell said islander. It happens every day.

what if mormons get to him before christians, or muslims before mormons or hindus before the muslims....this guy is going to be one confused islander

To answer this question...we are all given the chance to hear the truth...it is only our decision to decide what to believe. If a Mormon got to the islander first...then the Christian tries to minister to the islander...it is only the islander's decision...go with the Mormon or go with the Christian? By judgment day, God will tell the islander that he did send a messenger to talk to him about Jesus. It will be his loss.

first this doesn't make any sense, how is he supposed to know which one is correct? why should he be judged on his ignorance? secondly, no not everyone hears of jesus before they die, this is a myth, many people before the "information age" that we live in now, never heard of his name. you are thinking that the world has always been the way it is now, this is incorrect. what happened to these people that never heard of him?

Okay...so I see where you are thinking...you are looking at people who live in the time where communication and tech, and billboards don't exist. Think of it this way...I think someone said earlier about the good outweighing the bad. If the person has never heard of Jesus...never had any contact whatsoever in their lives...die and are judged...God will only be the one to decide if they can enter in or not. Yes it wouldn't be right to die without knowing...but how they live their lives will make a big difference. But...I think I better hold my peace on this because I am not the one to judge...I just type my thoughts. flowerforyou

don't you think we should have the right to know how we will be judged?

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

well, sounds like God is a bigger A-**** than my landlord

I would disagree with this phrase towards God...he knows what he's doing...but here I will end my comments. I will only restate and continue to restate that only God can decide. He won't wrongfully judge those who don't know. Here is my peace...take care...good night...hope you find what you are searching for.glasses

oh i'm not searching, i am testing

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:32 PM

I have a long explanation but no one seems to be sharing details. bigsmile

explain away, i am getting bored

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:30 PM
yawn yawn yawn

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:29 PM

"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. Revelation 20:11-12

All of us well face Judgement Day, and I think God can figure it out or the mentally challenged will be able to choose to know God or not to. I also believe as stated earlier that all children or those with the mind of children will be taken to God. But also think this may cover your islander question.

I have a cousin who is challenged and still at the age of 5 knew who Jesus was and was baptized at 9. From my work with her and her school I think if anything they have a much easier time grasping the concept and accepting it whole heartedly with out the questions we bring about religion. flowerforyou

I have a niece who is

do they know what God is because WE tell them or because God tells them? why doesn't anyone tell the islander?

Better question. Yet... maybe someone is out there trying to tell said islander. It happens every day.

what if mormons get to him before christians, or muslims before mormons or hindus before the muslims....this guy is going to be one confused islander

To answer this question...we are all given the chance to hear the truth...it is only our decision to decide what to believe. If a Mormon got to the islander first...then the Christian tries to minister to the islander...it is only the islander's decision...go with the Mormon or go with the Christian? By judgment day, God will tell the islander that he did send a messenger to talk to him about Jesus. It will be his loss.

first this doesn't make any sense, how is he supposed to know which one is correct? why should he be judged on his ignorance? secondly, no not everyone hears of jesus before they die, this is a myth, many people before the "information age" that we live in now, never heard of his name. you are thinking that the world has always been the way it is now, this is incorrect. what happened to these people that never heard of him?

Okay...so I see where you are thinking...you are looking at people who live in the time where communication and tech, and billboards don't exist. Think of it this way...I think someone said earlier about the good outweighing the bad. If the person has never heard of Jesus...never had any contact whatsoever in their lives...die and are judged...God will only be the one to decide if they can enter in or not. Yes it wouldn't be right to die without knowing...but how they live their lives will make a big difference. But...I think I better hold my peace on this because I am not the one to judge...I just type my thoughts. flowerforyou

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

well, sounds like God is a bigger A-**** than my landlord

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:27 PM

Look around you...the world is it...

i meant since we are made in his image, and we go to the bathroom, where does he go to the bathroom? get it?

I stand by my answer...flowerforyou

ahlaugh laugh laugh however that is a sad thought:cry:

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:26 PM

I have a niece who is

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:23 PM

i meant since we are made in his image, and we go to the bathroom, where does he go to the bathroom? get it?

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:22 PM

the world is God's bathroom?

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:21 PM

I have a niece who is

Another thing...a person does not have to tell the islander...it can be said through a billboard as he walks by...and wouldn't he pass by some kind of church with a little message on its front sign. It's out there...it's just his/her choice to find out more.

oh this is meant more for people who lived a long time ago before most boats were made, and billboards would have not been around. absolutely no contact with outside world. it is theoretical but i am almost positive it was the case for many many many many people. i just don't think it would be fair for them to be in hell right now.

Yeah... return to the idea that grace extends beyond merely hearing the name of Jesus.

so you don't need jesus to get into heaven, just grace?

No and yes. You need Jesus, because Jesus is God's grace for our sins... but that doesn't mean you need to have heard his name to have asked for his forgiveness. I know that's kind of an abstract idea... but consider it for a bit.

i think you are interchanging the words abstract and illogical... i understand if you want to use the "i have no idea" defense, but what you are saying makes no sense at all

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:20 PM
what does Gods bathroom look like?

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:16 PM

I have a niece who is

Another thing...a person does not have to tell the islander...it can be said through a billboard as he walks by...and wouldn't he pass by some kind of church with a little message on its front sign. It's out there...it's just his/her choice to find out more.

oh this is meant more for people who lived a long time ago before most boats were made, and billboards would have not been around. absolutely no contact with outside world. it is theoretical but i am almost positive it was the case for many many many many people. i just don't think it would be fair for them to be in hell right now.

Yeah... return to the idea that grace extends beyond merely hearing the name of Jesus.

so you don't need jesus to get into heaven, just grace?

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:14 PM

I have a niece who is

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:11 PM

I have a niece who is

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:08 PM

Who would ever get bored when you get to hang out Jesus......flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart: :heart: :heart: bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

true i bet he has a lot of magic tricks

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:04 PM

I have a niece who is

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:01 PM

rewording

this is an easy question, i guess

laugh laugh

okay well...i ment rewarding but whatever

i know i was just playing

no photo
Sun 05/18/08 07:00 PM

nah, i dont think you get bored. my ex-fiance/still best friend passed in January. I like to think he's gettin' his kicks not being sick any more, hanging with rock legends that he worshipped, and figuring out how best to give me crap from the other side... ;)

like the lights?

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 23 24