Community > Posts By > madmim

madmim's photo
Sat 04/06/13 08:55 AM
I'm assuming that this question is geared toward the "dating relationship" everyone is talking about or a marriage.

I agree that it definitely depends on the people involved. I'm actually a little shocked and amazed at some of the responses to this question; I feel like a horrible person for my own thoughts on the topic.

As an older woman I have friends who have used sex as a "weapon" in their relationships, I have friends who admit they haven't had sex with their spouse (or significant other) in over a year, and I have friends who have a very healthy sexual rlationship with their partner. Not all are happy...obviously. As a divorced woman, I can honestly say that sex is an important factor in a relationship, at least for me. You also have to consider the sexual compatibility of your partner.

Now,you might have a relationship where the sex is incredible, but your partner is a complete jerk when it comes to everything else...in which case the relationship will fail. The same can be said for a relationship where your partner is the most understanding, helpful, respectful, caring, etc. individual around, but the sex is awful...again the relationship will fail. In both cases, someone will NOT be happy in the relationship. I guess sex is not the "defining" factor in a relationship, but it is VERY important.

madmim's photo
Mon 02/11/13 04:23 PM

Women know that men generally find long hair attractive on a woman. Yet, many women cut their hair short. Why? Is it a conscious choice on your part to become less attractive? Do you think looking good is just too much work and not worth the payoff?

I actually do have incredibly thick hair and I keep it short for several reasons:
1. thick hair when long is incredibly heavy and causes headaches
2. It's hot beyond belief in the summer
3. It is more expensive to style long thick hair (they will charge you double because it's more work for them)
4. As a woman ages and her face thins out, long hair (whether thick or thin)tends to pull the observer's eyes down elongated the woman's face. In short it can make her look older than if she cut it shorter.

Is it a conscious decision on my part to become less attractive?
No...LOL
I don't think any woman consciously decides "Hey I want to look as hideous as possibe"
I still look good, whether my hair is long & wavy, short and curly, mid-length and straight, or...wait for it....cut "boy short" to my head. I may not be attractive to ALL men, but like someone said before I wouldn't be interested in a man who judged me on my hair style only.

Do I think looking good is just too much work and not worth the payoff?
Payoff? What payoff?
Oh wait, do you mean the "payoff" of finally nabbing a MAN? The payoff that includes cooking for another person? Having to do someone else's laundry? Paying more bills? Having to stroke his ego, listen to his complaints, and satisfy him in bed?

No...I don't "think looking good is too much work", however I do think the "payoff" is too much work laugh I personally do not fix my hair, my clothes, my make-up so that a man will find me attractive...I do it to make myself feel good. I don't think any person can be truely happy if they're always trying to please someone else.

madmim's photo
Thu 02/07/13 05:32 PM
One of the first dates I ever went on...WAAAAY back in time (only 16).... it was a double date, and I wasn't friends with the other couple.

My date was a horrible kisser, we had nothing in common, and then we stopped at his house and I saw his father....

Uhmm, I remember hearing my dad tell my brother that you can tell how a woman will age by looking at her mother,so I assumed that was true for guys too....

His dad was wearing a "wife beater" and had really thick chest and back hair that ...I swear...grew straight up onto his head...yuck!

Then he finally drops me at my house, and I'm locked out. He wanted to stay and help me, but I made up some stupid excuse, walked around back, broke a window, and climbed in through the basement. Worst date ever!

madmim's photo
Thu 02/07/13 05:20 PM
I value my personal space, and I would feel threatened if a total stranger or anyone who I wasn't close to, invaded my space and got physical. Honestly I'd probably jump, scream, accidentally hit them, say "WTF"....I mean without knowing the person, it's like a sexual assualt. Creepy.

madmim's photo
Thu 02/07/13 05:10 PM

Okay I'm gonna ride the fence on this one and say, it depends on the situation.

In my limited experience, sometimes a ride home from the grocery store is enough and once you get through the door it's just a mad dash for any surface you believe will hold you both without crumbling.

On the other side, if I met someone that was well versed in the "art" of foreplay, I'd probably be sold. It might be nice to have someone actually want to spend the time to get us both in the mood. I know I've tried. Apparently I'm not very good at it.

Anyone know of a correspondence course?

I'm gonna agree.
It definitely depends on the situation.

madmim's photo
Wed 02/06/13 08:12 PM
my kids :smile:

madmim's photo
Tue 02/05/13 08:05 PM

whoa

Oh go ahead...ask for some large cupcakes laugh

madmim's photo
Tue 02/05/13 07:34 PM
I think it depends on how a man is raised, and the time period in which he was raised. My father is 80...he is the most amazing man I know, but he's not "touchy".

My grandmother had ten children...she outlived two of them. When she died in 1999, my father (the oldest)performed the ceremony. None of my Uncles were crying...however, when my father stood in front of his brothers and cried over his mother's death...without trying to hide, or make excuses....it was like he had given the "green light" to all of my Uncles...they all broke down and cried. I don't think most of them had ever cried in public before...they had seen too much...lived through too much.

And believe me...it is unnerving to see men like that cry. They are rocks...it takes a strong force to break a rock.

madmim's photo
Tue 02/05/13 06:05 PM

believe it or not guys aren't always the ones taking advantage and i hate people being so bias. Seriously we're all adults here make your decisions and what happens happens so think before you do something that is a given its your decision there is no right or wrong answer to your question its all based on your own morals and only you can answer whether this is ok to you or not. Im sorry ladies but if you let a guy have you on the first night is it really his fault blame can go both ways its like kids now days blaming their parents for them being the way they are and saying they did something bad because their parents raised them wrong. someone agree with me?

Yep! Your right...everyone should accept responsibility for their own actions.

madmim's photo
Tue 02/05/13 05:59 PM
Constant forgiveness for the same infraction, just enables the offender to continue...it's a free pass, they learn that you are willing to accept this mistake & forgive them...again and again.

Personally, my breaking point was my children....hurt me & I forgive you...that's my own stupid fault.
Threaten our children...and I'll destroy your way of life :smile:

madmim's photo
Sun 02/03/13 06:51 AM
If you have kids it's easier if you can both be adults about the whole thing, and try to be sociable to each other for the sake of the children.

madmim's photo
Sun 02/03/13 06:41 AM
A typical house cat...
picky
neurotic
unconventional
introverted
frisky
tempermental
..and I have claws

madmim's photo
Sun 02/03/13 06:15 AM
Sleepy, and maybe confused...I don't know, it's still early.

madmim's photo
Sun 02/03/13 06:12 AM
Thinking about building a snowman...Yea!

madmim's photo
Sat 02/02/13 08:55 PM
Stop biting my toes!

madmim's photo
Sat 02/02/13 03:35 PM
Nails done
Hair cut
Fix washer...stupid appliances grumble

madmim's photo
Sat 02/02/13 07:26 AM

Okay...my mind went in a completely different direction when I saw the title of this thread....

But I know this one...he can't be skinnier than me...it would give me issues. He can't be too round or heavy because I want to be able to wrap around him.
good thing im xtra large :tongue:

bigsmile Now I'm humming bigsmile

madmim's photo
Sat 02/02/13 05:48 AM

its human nature to lie

Agreed, in both the verb and noun form.

As for "Why do you lie? What makes you lie?"

For the verb: I'm tired, I'm horny, he's hot, my body needs sleep...

For the noun: To omit, to save someone's feelings, because it makes the story funnier, to give me time to get away....

It is not human nature to lie.
Look at small children and "challenged" people...

Oh, but I have children, and the youngest is 4. If they think that they will get into trouble for something the did...then yes they will lie. It's not malicious, or intended to hurt....but they will "lie" or "omit" to get out of trouble. Our first instinct as humans is "self-preservation".

madmim's photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:37 PM

its human nature to lie

Agreed, in both the verb and noun form.

As for "Why do you lie? What makes you lie?"

For the verb: I'm tired, I'm horny, he's hot, my body needs sleep...

For the noun: To omit, to save someone's feelings, because it makes the story funnier, to give me time to get away....
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Are you judging, thinking, or humming?

madmim's photo
Fri 02/01/13 07:30 PM
I don't have "game".

I can't flirt, and usually can't tell when someone is flirting with me either.

Previous 1 3