Community > Posts By > Amber989

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:30 PM
I was probably around four years old. I remember waking up really early and being determined that I was going to learn how to tie my shoes. My sister and I shared a room and so I took my purple shoes into the hallway and practiced and practiced until I finally got it right. Then I went and woke up my dad because I wanted to show him and him be sooooo proud of me, but he was mad I woke him up. sad

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:20 PM

nothing much and u

I meant what was up with your post? Was it in response to mine?
Anyhow, now that you asked. I'm just succumbing to this new addiction.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:17 PM

Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

As is usual, the God Squad spoiled it for everyone else and it was part of an "Inquisition"

Peace. Truce here please. Happy Happy Joy Joy in this forum. This is supposed to be the safe haven.

And dang it. I got sucked back in. Got my chores somewhat done and hopped back on here. UGH! I think we need a 12 step program.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:56 PM

indifferent huh

What's up kitten?

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:42 PM

good call amber drinker drinker drinker

Well. I just have to be honest. They ran circles around us. I mean, I'm glad we actually started to fight for a few games, but man, you guys are flippin' fast.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:30 PM

What about this whole Beckham thing? What do you think? Has he had any impact on making football (soccer) more popular?

Eh. I don't think he's helped much. Just another person to put in the tabloids around here. We've got a nice venue here in the Dallas, TX area for soccer, but I've been and it's still less than half full every time I've been.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:26 PM
I'm going to Hong Kong on Friday for 8 days. (Specifically going to be in Macau for work for five days).

Has anybody been there. Got any tips or references of places to go there? Looking for cheap, but decent.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:21 PM

Whereever the masses lead you be sure to not follow. Going green is code for something me thinks.

Let's crack the code. I think I got it.
going
g = b
o = e
i = i
n = n

green
g = a
r = l
ee = ie
n = n

"Being Alien"

whoa. laugh

Well, at least I think I'm funny. ;-)
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
So I was right with my first post!
glasses huh glasses huh glasses huh

indeed, jonny, indeed.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:19 PM

This reminds me of that insurance commercial. He says "Humans acting humanely, magnanimous" Or something close to that.

I consider myself a humanist. Humans deserve respect regardless to all the many differences we have because when you take it to the basic, we are all the samebigsmile flowerforyou

and you saying "insurance commercial" reminds me of the Geico commercials with the Cavemen. Specifically, the one where he's in the airport and passes the bulletin. laugh laugh laugh

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:18 PM

Hey what happened to the coffeehouse for atheists?!? Was the whole thread removed?!?!?

noway

apparently when you don't believe in something it disapears...

*twightlight zone theme*

laugh laugh laugh

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 06:17 PM

noway

Yeah. It was nasty in there. We're over here in the safe haven now. Ahhhhhh....

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:42 PM

Whereever the masses lead you be sure to not follow. Going green is code for something me thinks.

Let's crack the code. I think I got it.
going
g = b
o = e
i = i
n = n

green
g = a
r = l
ee = ie
n = n

"Being Alien"

whoa. laugh

Well, at least I think I'm funny. ;-)

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:33 PM

i came just to look for a mate, and now i've become one of youlaugh ohwell

Same thing happened to me. I woke up at 10:00 to make sure I got my house clean today and the only thing I've done is one load of laundry (would have done more except for the plumbing backing up) and cleaned out the litter box.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:31 PM

kermit says"it aint easy being green"and he was f@#$king right.

ROFL!!!laugh laugh laugh

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:30 PM

Ok, I started recycling again, and brought the worm compost bin over from the ex's house. They let all the worms die

Where does one get a worm compost? I've never heard of such a thing.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:29 PM

I eat organic, replaced our light bulbs, unplug electronics that are used at the time, dont use plastic bags, lots of little things!

Actually, I did replace the light bulbs, but again, that's because they last longer and save energy which cuts down on my bills.

I don't think I've done anything "green" just for merely "going green."

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:27 PM
I don't really think I've done much. I bought a newer car that gets better gas mileage, but that's because I needed it and with gas prices these days, well.......

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:20 PM
I'll take the Wings even though they beat my Stars.

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:19 PM
Perhaps this question has been posed previously, but with me being new and all...well:

With all of the media focusing on the Going Green campaign....I'm curious to know if anyone is listening and doing things to "go green".

Amber989's photo
Mon 05/26/08 05:00 PM
She's being dumb for not realizing he's the one that's been with her through thick and thin. No pun intended.

If she doesn't want to be with him, but doesn't want a divorce, that's because she thinks she has the power to control the situation since she's the one that left and she doesn't think he's going to do anything about it. (One of my friends did this exact same thing.)

He can quickly say, take the power of his future into his own hands. (and her husband did this and now she's the one that's devestated.) So, if he wants her back or not, he can act like he doesn't give a care in the world about her and she might realize the error of her ways or she might still not care and continue on in the path that she's going.

Either way, he should man up and file. Just my opinion though.