Community > Posts By > Ohiotallguy

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 06/02/08 01:28 PM

The only experience I need was being verbally and physically abused as a child. It will be with me for the rest of my life.

If you insist on hitting your child please follow it up with love, an apology and an explanation for why adults like you feel that it is expectable to hit them.

I can explain my opinion unlike you.

Not that it is any of your business, I did have children and God chose to take them from me. I cherished them for as long as I had them. brokenheart

You wouldn't understand that tho because you are so quick to pass judgment on someone who has a different opinion. I have some news for you, opinions are not facts.

So go ahead and laugh, and raise a toast. I am not laughing. I am praying for your children and you.

The sound of a child laughing is a lot more pleasant than that of a child crying.
But hey, that's just my opinion.

what about the sound of a child laughing, because he just broke another childs nose in a fight? What about the sound of a child laughing cause he (or she) knows they can do anything they want with no worries about punishment or consequences?

Those kids are satill laughing, and they are laughing in genuine pleasure. Would you still c onsider that pleasant as well?

read my other post in here about the human race being animals by nature. The go back to school and take some science classes based on animals and their actions/reactions. Aslo go to your library and check out a good book called lord of the flies. This is an excellent book for all parents to read, and for all those who try and prevent a parent from disciplining their child when needed.

The book describes how a group of castaway children, just old enough to understand what they neeed to do to survive (10 to 14 I think was the age range), group together and literaly revert to savages. And yes I say savages cause that is literally what they became. They killed the one child, out of a twisted and sick pleasure mixed with religion.
Most "learned" spychologists will tell you too that this is a very real possibility under the circumstances those kids faced int he book. They had absouultely no discipline other than basic nature.

And it is getting to where that is the only discipline our children are going to get cause the parents can not intervene any more and prevent them from learnign the hard way, out of fear of going to jail for the rest of their lives.

I truly suggest you step back and look more into the subject before you stand there and psout off that spanking is abuse, and there fore wrong etc. Yes there are other ways that should be tried first. I dont think a single person here would disageree that spanking should be at the end of a very long line of tried disciplines. But it needs to be in there as well.

I guess I have to break my own rule and respond.

Like I told the others, you don't know me. You don't know what I have read or learned. You Sir are just as ignorant as they are. And yet you think you can judge me. You think you can know me based on a simple profile? noway

I have read "Lord of the Flies" and a great number of SCIENTIFIC papers. Not fictional novels.

"Ignorant" is not a derogatory term.

Opinions are not facts.

Of course people are animals. However, we have this really cool characteristic called speech.

When I was 33 I thought I knew everything too. Guess what, you are sadly mistaken.

If it hasn't already happened, some day someone is not going to like what you have to say and they are going to hit you. Will you run straight to the police and file assault charges or will you pick yourself up and say, "Well, I guess I had that coming to me."

I am out of here. I will find some intelligent people who know how to discuss things without judging and attacking each other.

Your comments, grammar and spelling speak volumes.

I don't claim to know everything, I am not God. I do know what I have seen and experienced in life, and what I have read and studied. I also apologize to you for the fact that I did not take the time to go over my post this morning (or other times) to critique my spelling and grammer. However, I find it rather funny that in your rebuttal, when everything is broken down, all you can do is stand there and say "you are wrong gosh darn it, and you are ignorant as well, as your spelling and grammar shows".

You also go on to tell me that some day someone is going to hit me, and ask what my actions are going to be in that matter. And here is exactly what they have been and will continue to be if the situation arrives again.
first and foremost, I will walk away whenever possible, and yes call the police and file charges as well as a restraining order. I will not fight if I do not have to, and I have great respect for our laws. however, if I ma forced to fight in order to remove myself from the situation, yes you can damn well bet I will hurt the person in doing so. However, again I will walk away as soon as possible, and again file charges, and seek a restraining order.

You see, I was spanked and beaten as a child. I had extension cords used on my backside, along with tree branches, wooden soons, paddles, belts, etc.
I am not a person who goes out and picks fights. I do no tgo out and continue fights if they can be avoided as they settle nothing. However, if forced to defend myself or someone else, yes I will fight until it is no longer neccesarry to do so.

And I spanbk my children, to this day, if they need it. I holler first, or ground them. I use time outs first, I take things away. However if al that doesnt work, you can darn well bet they get a spanking and they know it.
And then after about five minutes, I will sit down with them and discuss everythign with them, and you know what? very rarely do they repeat the offense. Never more than one repeat.

Do I use switches and cords etc on my kids? No. I have used the belt once. other than that, just my hand, once for every two years of age.

So again, I ask you to rethink YOUR position, and see if possibly you might be the one with the wrong attitude here.

Abuse deserves someone stepping in and rpeventiong further abuse, yes. But spanking is not abuse.

You have your opinion and I have mine. The difference is, I respect your opinion.
Please do not throw quotation marks around something I did not say.
At no point did I write, "you are wrong."

The question is not about abuse, it is "spank or not"
I expressed my opinion in three simple sentences. At no time did I attack anyone.
However I have been defending my opinion ever since.

You want to hit your child? Go right ahead. In my opinion, based on experience and education, it is avoidable as you yourself have said.

I stand by my opinion and always will. Adults who spank their children are weak and ignorant. The more you attack me the more you prove my point.

Please take the time to read this forum to your children. Be sure to provide them with the information necessary to obtain a restraining order. Since that is what you would do.

One last thing. I am sorry that you suffer the pain of child abuse. We share that pain and it is not to be taken lightly. What ever your faith I pray that you know only the love and joy that your children will bring you. AGAIN, if you must spank your children, please take the time to explain your actions. Tell them you love them every chance you get. (I didn't say you don't. I am sure you do.)

I pray that none of you ever have to suffer the loss of a child.

Done.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 06/02/08 08:28 AM

Spanking does teach a lesson. The lesson is: �When you don�t know what else to do, hit!� or �When you�re bigger, you can hit,� or �When you�re really angry, you can get your way by hitting.� It�s common knowledge that children who are frequently hit are more likely to accept the use of violence and are more likely to hit other children. It only makes sense, because after all, children learn what they live. Children who are spanked often have more resentment and anger and lower self-esteem.

Positive, respectful, consistent discipline is the real key to raising well-behaved children.

Wow. Thank you for reassuring me that there is intelligent life on this planet.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 06/02/08 08:27 AM

The only experience I need was being verbally and physically abused as a child. It will be with me for the rest of my life.

If you insist on hitting your child please follow it up with love, an apology and an explanation for why adults like you feel that it is expectable to hit them.

Not that it is any of your business, I did have children and God chose to take them from me. I cherished them for as long as I had them. brokenheart

You wouldn't understand that tho because you are so quick to pass judgment on someone who has a different opinion. I have some news for you, opinions are not facts.

So go ahead and laugh, and raise a toast. I am not laughing. I am praying for your children and you.

The sound of a child laughing is a lot more pleasant than that of a child crying.

what about the sound of a child laughing, because he just broke another childs nose in a fight? What about the sound of a child laughing cause he (or she) knows they can do anything they want with no worries about punishment or consequences?

Those kids are satill laughing, and they are laughing in genuine pleasure. Would you still c onsider that pleasant as well?

read my other post in here about the human race being animals by nature. The go back to school and take some science classes based on animals and their actions/reactions. Aslo go to your library and check out a good book called lord of the flies. This is an excellent book for all parents to read, and for all those who try and prevent a parent from disciplining their child when needed.

The book describes how a group of castaway children, just old enough to understand what they neeed to do to survive (10 to 14 I think was the age range), group together and literaly revert to savages. And yes I say savages cause that is literally what they became. They killed the one child, out of a twisted and sick pleasure mixed with religion.
Most "learned" spychologists will tell you too that this is a very real possibility under the circumstances those kids faced int he book. They had absouultely no discipline other than basic nature.

And it is getting to where that is the only discipline our children are going to get cause the parents can not intervene any more and prevent them from learnign the hard way, out of fear of going to jail for the rest of their lives.

I truly suggest you step back and look more into the subject before you stand there and psout off that spanking is abuse, and there fore wrong etc. Yes there are other ways that should be tried first. I dont think a single person here would disageree that spanking should be at the end of a very long line of tried disciplines. But it needs to be in there as well.

I guess I have to break my own rule and respond.

Like I told the others, you don't know me. You don't know what I have read or learned. You Sir are just as ignorant as they are. And yet you think you can judge me. You think you can know me based on a simple profile? noway

I have read "Lord of the Flies" and a great number of SCIENTIFIC papers. Not fictional novels.

"Ignorant" is not a derogatory term.

Opinions are not facts.

Of course people are animals. However, we have this really cool characteristic called speech.

When I was 33 I thought I knew everything too. Guess what, you are sadly mistaken.

If it hasn't already happened, some day someone is not going to like what you have to say and they are going to hit you. Will you run straight to the police and file assault charges or will you pick yourself up and say, "Well, I guess I had that coming to me."

I am out of here. I will find some intelligent people who know how to discuss things without judging and attacking each other.

Your comments, grammar and spelling speak volumes.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Sun 06/01/08 06:42 PM

TallGuy, all human and parental understanding goes out to you. There are definitely distinctions between loving correction and abuse. No one should suffer abuse, but it happens. We feel your pain, both of your upbringing and for your loss.
You seem to have done well, finding some solace in His hand being involved.

Off topic for a sec - we no more understand His fine reasoning than an ant does ours. We do trust that He is working things out to some eternal good and in that there can be some peace. I'm glad you've found that.

No, it's not our business, but your revealing the base of your thoughts is like the mustard seed.

Thank you.
I will not be posting in the forums again. Trying to help people is too painful.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Sat 05/31/08 02:31 PM

Do not spank your children. Be an adult and learn how to communicate. Hitting a child is a sign of ignorance and weakness.

says you.why are the childless peeps such experts? I am neither weak or ignorant.You sir would be the first to ***** if a bratty child ran amok in walmart but want to educate us all on your brillant parenting methods which you have yet to use.Please write a book which no one will buy and will end up in the trash heap along side the other many "how to raise a child"books written by so called experts who are either childess,hate kids or studied them in a controlled environment.I laugh at you!!laugh

Really? How exactly do you know this?
You don't know me.
I am not surprised that someone who hits their child would attack me tho.
Laugh all you want. Whatever helps you sleep while your child is crying because mommy was unable to control herself.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Sat 05/31/08 02:16 PM

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:46 PM

I recently moved back to my hometown and it seems that every guy that I run into from my old high school days looks old, bald, and like death warmed over. Is it me or them?

It is you.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 07:24 PM

Do not spank your children. Be an adult and learn how to communicate. Hitting a child is a sign of ignorance and weakness.

I tell you what, when you have kids of your own, then come back and tell me how to raise my child. Until then, I'll raise her my way and if a swat on the butt is what is needed to "communicate" then that is exactly what I'll do!!!

Clearly you are ignorant and weak.
Why so defensive?
Feeling a little guilty about hitting a poor defenseless child?
Grow up and get a little education.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:15 PM
Edited by Ohiotallguy on Fri 05/30/08 06:16 PM

I've heard Mac's don't catch virus / spyware so fast or quicky as pc's do.. is there any truth to that one ?.

As quickly? They don't catch them at all!

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:11 PM

I've caught one virus in the last two and a half years and in that same time, found two games that could freeze it. Zero crashes. I can write a book and a poem on seperate apps, photoshop pics, edit music, manage a business, troubleshoot my Java code and download music while surfing the web all at once without processor lag, much less the three-finger salute. And I'm running an old G3, not one of the new eight-Intel-processor, liquid cooled monsters. Oh, and if you want to play PC games, Macs also boot XP and Vista(sic).

high five drinker drinker drinker

Macs RULE

You got that right! drinker

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:07 PM
Edited by Ohiotallguy on Fri 05/30/08 06:08 PM

There is no right click on the mouse so you do manual or "file" commands to copy and paste.

Yes, there is.
Unless you are still using an Apple mouse from 2003.
Hold "Control" and click.
Or you can get a USB optical mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel these days for less than $20.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 06:01 PM

why in the hell would u buy a MAC?..lol
Well being a Computer Analyst I know first hand how technology advances..soo the new expensive, top of the line stuff,will be totally outdated in a few months..it really depends on what u are gonna use your PC for..
Brand umm does not really matter,,Sony, Gateway, Toshiba..they are all pretty good..its all about the RAM and Memory, Processors etc...really depends on what u are needing it for..

Because they are so far superior to a PC!

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/30/08 05:37 PM

Ohiotallguy's photo
Tue 05/27/08 05:55 AM

I think its called manners..or at least its called manners in our day. Not too many younger people seem to show those to anyone.
If you got 50 e-mails a day from guys saying"hey cutie" would you take time out of your life to answer them all?
That never happens to me so how would I know?brokenheart

Well if you lived in Ohio, you would be getting a "hey cutie" from me. happy

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 05/26/08 02:28 PM

I don't think you should give a "no answer" a second thought.

Of course whether you get a response or not probably depends on what kind of message you sent in the first place. If it say just Hi, that does not say a lot.

I have sent emails in response to men's profiles, or pictures and some answer and some don't. The one's who don't I forget about anyway.

Life is to short to spend your time feeling rejected.

drinker drinker drinker drinker

It's party time!!

Actually life is not short. It's the longest thing you will ever do! :wink:

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:52 AM
I hear what you are saying.
But if you have a mutual match with someone doesn't it make sense to contact them. I don't cast out a net of several emails hoping I get a bite.
I guess that is more to the point I am trying to make.
I agree responding to "Hey Cutie" is not a good use of time. But if someone matches and takes the time to write a decent email, don't you think you should take the time to respond?

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 05/26/08 08:20 AM

I think its called manners..or at least its called manners in our day. Not too many younger people seem to show those to anyone.
If you got 50 e-mails a day from guys saying"hey cutie" would you take time out of your life to answer them all?

I absolutely would!

There is no such thing as "wasting time". Time is constant, you can not waste it or save it. So make the best of it.

Ohiotallguy's photo
Mon 05/26/08 07:42 AM
Is it just me or isn't it just plain old courtesy to send a reply?
Even if you are not interested. How hard is it to send someone "Thanks but no thanks."

Ohiotallguy's photo
Fri 05/23/08 01:46 PM
DON'T DO IT. Long hair rules! happy

Ohiotallguy's photo
Thu 05/22/08 05:00 PM
That's not good. You need a new battery! Should last at least 4 or more.

Previous 1