Community > Posts By > CNYseekforbride

CNYseekforbride's photo
Sat 02/02/13 08:18 PM

I think that intercultural is far more challenging for the couple than an interracial marriage where they have been bought up in the same country/culture.

You are correct. Say a Christian with a Jewish.. There are some difficulties there. A Deaf person with a Hearing person... seen that happen.. Mine. Actually for my case, I was raised Hearing but was Hard of Hearing but I am Deaf (since 2004).. so it makes it difficult for me. HOWEVER, if say.. a Deaf person has a relationship with a CODA.. (Child of Deaf Parents) who is so skilled with ASL, interpretation/interpretering, etc. It may be ok for that Deaf person to marry a Hearing CODA.

This is why dating is tough for me.. It doesnt matter what color she is.. that is fine with me.. its the culture. And Faith as well (in another word, religion).

CNYseekforbride's photo
Thu 01/31/13 07:46 AM
Max, this site is not that big as more popular sites that usually you have to pay for services. Not only that, the cliche. Each one is different as I learned. I went through a few. None are perfect. Only perfect for me to get the replies are filipina mail order brides sites. Why? I get the replies there! hahhaa. Not kidding!

But that is not where I want to be.. I am seeking for someone here in the States but I hardly get anything. I tried another site.. a Christian dating site and I still get the filipinas. Not like that. Another site used to be good but not anymore because some trolls really ruined it all.

So, this is why you missed out a great peak of internet dating more than 10 years ago. Hardly any scammers/spammers on dating sites.. Almost all were free to join and get replies.. and easily local choices to find. But most sites were sold to Match, Eharmony, and True dating sites. They all cost money to join (says free profile..thats a bunch of baloney). I heard more marriages done through those sites.

Just have to work a bit harder to find one these days. More are turning to networking than a dating site. Networking as in you have friends locally and ask if they know someone and fix you both up on a blind date.. or just an introduction between three of you. Your friend, someone else and you together at a restaurant or mall or place of your interest.. say you all like skiing, can be at ski resort.. or you like sailing, go out on the sailboat or go to the boat show if any happening that week.. Things like that.

I am trying now focus on business trade shows, business networking.. I am doing both ways there.. finding someone and to try to do business with my business!! In future I will be attending conferences and other interest based shows and it works. Really. Trust me, try those.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Thu 01/31/13 07:34 AM
Oh I know what you mean.. I used to get a lot of spammers (I had a profile on here before but was disgusted by having too many spammers and em--women my age and older. No offense ladies!!

Because it was so bad I left. Now I am back and really set firm and it is working that I do not get spammers and do not get the ladies I do not want. However, the ones I am seeking for hardly reply.. maybe just one so far.. but only once.. she never replied back..

And yes she is from Texas! Hahaha.

Now to answer why they do this is because someone is correct. Hardly anybody they like from their home area available so they had to broaden out more. This is because they are more picky and wanted all the "accessories" like you want in a car. Well, same thing, they want everything they want in a person. There are no flexiblity on that part so they expand to see if there are any they like.

Funny I said that because I am one of them. I am picky. I have to because of some reasons why I am picky.

I am trying my best to pick locally however.. not so much. I replied to some local ones but they don't reply. Sad. Real sad.

Maybe for some wanted to marry someone from out of state so they can be relocated. Or even foreigners wanted to marry an American so they can have you as a ticket way in the country.

Some thinks 5 hours radius is considered local. I know, sounds funny but true. To me, 3 hours radius is considered local to me. That would be most of the upstate NY where I am from since I am from Syracuse. That would also have Scranton-WB of PA to be included. Canada excluded in the radius although it is but I am not counting Canada. Everyone thinks how far they can drive is considered locally. Maybe someone from Rome which is 50 minutes thinks Syracuse is too far for her to meet me! So, its all depends.

Everyone thinks differently on those distance, reasons, things like that.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:42 AM

I think sometimes people elope to avoid all the 'expectations' that come with inviting people to weddings,,,

and some do it to avoid family members who may be embarassing

and some do it because they just dont want to wait to make it official

And again you are correct. I know the feelings because of embarrassments most of the time. Maybe a family member is too much of a drunk or social status, or a mean stepmother who hates your own mother.. (that one is true in my case and my father and his 2nd wife whom I never called her "Stepmother" or "mother" did not come to my wedding I had with my then wife.

Not only that.. maybe even some couples that they thought they love each other so much and their parents are so against it. That is true case I heard through a friend whose sister did elope against her mother's wishes.

Political and social as well as economy are factored into eloping. Not everyone can marry like the two political consultants who are so opposite and they married each other.. haha. I heard that one was an elope too.

Social/social class--makes sense.. like celebrities, they gotta get out and keep secret from the sicko media from being "invited themselves" into a wedding to take pictures and all. I know.. because I have a friend who is a celebrity and I was sort of.. long story... you want a stalker? Noo..

Social class also not mean money.. it means your ethical group. For example, Deaf people are so easily jealous and it is best you keep your gf secret from them and marry secretly. I did that with my ex because the Deaf have successfully destroyed my 5 relationships. So, I learned to keep my mouth shut! :D

So, you are right, it is more than just they wanna elope. Also for some, who are very shy.. or not want to bother with getting money as gifts or the ugly dishes you do not want to get.. lol.

I would elope this time for sure.. My mom passed away and family getting smaller.. I would go for elope then.

Political--yes.. I forgot to add.. say, you want to marry a pinay (woman from the Philippines), and you want to live there.. and buy a house.. you can not unless you marry a pinay and then she can buy it for you. Or you want citizenship there/be an ex-pat, you can marry a foreigner. Does this sound familiar? Yeah, we do that here bringing people over here..just to live here..not for you. Sad, really. What is happening in the US, I am exploring that option to leave. Really.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:23 AM
oops. I press enter and it came out triple!! lol!

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:22 AM

we need to get the party started in here....

Oh man!! I am groovin! (making moves like they did in the 60's and 70's).. oh.. let's disco!!! ...staying alive, staying alive, staying alivveeee..ah ah ah oh oh oh.. staying alive!!!! like my groovin, baby? lol!!! WINK!
That's the way - uh huh ,uh huh I like it!bigsmile :banana:

LOL. Very funny!! Let's dance with me, Holly!! Whoo! Hee hee!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Wow!! You dance good!! Hee hee.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:18 AM

Single again. now. Back to the flippin drawing board :/

HAHAHAA! Love that!! "Back to the flippin drawing board".. I am a Designer and CAD Drafter and I still have drafting table.. actually two of them here.. I love that!! It is awesome!

I am too at the drawing board trying to find my bride! Hee hee. You made my day today.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:15 AM

I think this is perfect for this site:

You are right! It is perfect but it is copyrighted to another dating site..the www.fbcoverlover.com owns that. Oh well!!

I admit I love that sign! perfect because the words singles and mingles.. it goes together.. Great find! Good job!

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 06:14 AM

STILL Single damnit.. :angry:

Whoa! Lady, cool down! hee hee.. you should think about this.. are you a freebird? You should be glad you can go to bed anytime, get up anytime, except when you have to go to work.. yeah, you have to get up and use the bathroom by yourself!!

You are free!! Hee hee.

I know the feeling, you want someone special. That person will come along. Since you are an engineer (I am a Designer, by the way), you can figure out which guy for ya a bit easier. It is not hard. Plenty of fishes in the sea for you. Be a bit aggresstive. But please do play hard to get though. Men love that, you know that?

I do.

Hope my humor helps to calm you down! ;) Hee hee. By the way, this IS my main best feature on finding right buttons to calm a person down. I am told I am good at this.

laugh whatever.. laugh

CNYseekforbride's photo
Wed 01/30/13 05:58 AM

I did everything a woman should do and I still got lied to cheated on and many other things. I hate this

I know the feeling. Even "women"---in another word, scammers and players, etc played on me as well. Darn it! (cursing in Italian)... ok, sorry for my language.. hee hee. ;)

Ok, seriously I did everything I could too, madam, I am too nice I guess! Hey, even just 2 days ago I had a woman I liked a lot and I caught her cheating online!! So, it's nothing new for me.

I miss the good old days. Oh well!!

I am sure the right man will come along. Just do not change yourself, just be cautious more and you will be just fine. Be alert and go slow. Also you should do this way: ask one of your friends from work or church to think of someone you both can meet. That way, you can trust your friend more that your friend knows someone better than you and would not play games on you since your friend is friends with the man she introduced you. I feel this is best thing for you right now because of you have been hurt too many times. I went through mine too. Oh well.

Try to keep the ball in your hands more and be strict. I hope I help you on this. :)

CNYseekforbride's photo
Mon 01/28/13 11:57 PM
Ok, count me in as I am still single!!! :D

CNYseekforbride's photo
Mon 01/28/13 11:53 PM
Heard that on news.. and online. Um, this isn't the first. Earilest murder related to online dating was about two years ago or three years ago that a man murdered a woman from VA down in Aruba where Natalie Holloway disappeared. Well, this man according to police thinks he murdered her and dumped her out in sea and the "boyfriend" who murdered her said she disappeared in the sea when they were scuba diving.

They met online. When I saw that photograph of that woman. She did look familiar. I think I saw her online on one of those sites before. I do have good photographic memory of faces but not names.

Does it scare me, oh yes! Trust?? no so because I had bad experience with online dating.. with a crazy woman from CT whom I met online.. She stalked and all.. we sure did meet in person but..she was not for me.

I still like to meet someone from online but players and all.. forget it. Scammers too! Tired of this. I wish I can meet someone offline but its harder for me to meet someone because most people out there are Hearing and I am Deaf. That is the problem for me and I am sure for many others.. I can talk well but its easier to communicate online but I rather to meet in person first then talk online often. Thats me I guess! That is what I believe "internet dating" should be. Meet first in person then go online.. then more offline.. then marry! Thats my goal.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Mon 01/28/13 11:42 PM

we need to get the party started in here....

Oh man!! I am groovin! (making moves like they did in the 60's and 70's).. oh.. let's disco!!! ...staying alive, staying alive, staying alivveeee..ah ah ah oh oh oh.. staying alive!!!! like my groovin, baby? lol!!! WINK!

CNYseekforbride's photo
Mon 01/28/13 11:34 PM

I personally wouldn't elope because of my Christian family and I would want them all there... Also we can have a pot luck dinner in the Lee Fellowship Hall. that's all the cost would be and because I'm a member they would work with us on budgeting so we could start our marriage off right not the wrong side, like we're trying to hide something

I am a Christian too. Born-Again Believer of Jesus Christ and it does not matter and I am not hiding. Eloping is not something you hide.. You can bring guests if you want.. Check websites about elope weddings in other countries or even down South or even up here in NIFalls.

You still can have a pastor to come along or a pastor from that area to wed you. My missionary friend said if I ever find someone in Costa Rica, he can wed us. He is from there. So, see?

Let me explain what a church means. Go read somewhere in Matthew chapter 18. Jesus only wants you to fellowship with other believers even just 1 or 2 others joining you. That builts as a church, not a building. I do not believe in a building, but a group of believers together to hear God's word.

I know this may will end up as religion or Christian section of forum but I am trying to make a point that the wedding can be indoors or outdoors. Let me ask you a question. What if your right man is from another state and that is about 800 miles apart.. will you marry over there or in your town. What if his family is big and wants you to marry in his town/church? That is almost as if you are eloping!! If you want your family and friends to know you are getting married somewhere else, you can! And still elope. Elope to me today means you want to get married without trouble with too much wedding planning and still can have family and friends involved. I heard of couples got married and had their families and friends down there. You can still have reception in your town after getting married somewhere else. It is gaining trend that way. I am more of outdoorsy type to enjoy a wedding on a nice day rather than indoors! Thanks for understanding.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Mon 01/28/13 08:24 AM
I agree with the posters here that it is romantic and yes, it really cut expenses of having traditional wedding these days. You know they say an average wedding cost is? Try 20,000 dollars! Cost of a car! Geez! Try elope or very very simple wedding. I was married before. I am divorced now but um, my wedding only cost me 500 dollars! Not bad. 52 guests, we made our own food, and stuff. No church fancy.. it was outdoors at my sister's farm.

Now, you can still elope because its more romantic.. try beach wedding in the tropics such as Bahamas, USVI, Jamaica, etc. or if you like vegas style, go to vegas.. Or if you want Niaraga Falls US/Canada, does not matter which side.. you can do it.. Or in the middle of the desert where the UFOs crashed in Roswell. Haha. I am being funny on that part but the point is, if that is where you want to be.. thats great because maybe you are a UFO fan.. so, you can get married anywhere that define romantic to you both. Have a simple reception or dinner at a retaurant after you have eloped. That way, maybe 10 to 20 guests you can do it at Denny's if you want to. They do have back room up to 20 guests for reserved only.

For that reception after elope party, you dont have to pay a dime for everyone. They will pay for you. They pool in money. Not the same as if you were going to reserve a ballroom at a restaurant and will be billed with tips and perhaps room fee. So, think of budget cutting that way.

Next one, I want to get married is.. really elope down there on the tropical island.. or tropical land like Costa Rica.. Muchas bellas en centroamerica. si.

CNYseekforbride's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:54 AM

God made Adam, the first man. Then, he made Eve from a rib in Adam. Eve was a helpmate, helper,and wo-man to Adam. All people born through these first parents God created was by means of physical, sexual reproduction. God is in control of earth, the universe, satan or Lucifer, and the demonic fallen angels. Otherwise called "little greys, aliens, etc. He is our Creator and our Father in heaven.
Please see The Book of Genesis Chapter 1 and 2. Also, The Book of Revelation Chapters 20-22. The first and last books of the bible.
Thank-you. :)

Right on! Amen! You got it! Best answer there is! Woo!

CNYseekforbride's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:41 AM

Hey beautifull

She left! I checked the profile.. she is not there!

CNYseekforbride's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:36 AM

Hiyas everyone, just wanted to introduce myself :)

Hi! I am from Central NY. Welcome! I know its a little late. Hee hee. ;)

CNYseekforbride's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:35 AM

I signed up a long time ago but I've spent the majority of my time on other datingg site...not working well...so I'm here trying to meet my better half...I'm not into booty calls or one night stands...looking for potential ltr....if interested hit me up...

Welcome back! Same with me. Been on other sites. Seen how much each site has their own cliche they are. I have seen here too. No site is perfect. However, still am trying to meet my bride whoever she is! I am sure he will come along for you! :)

CNYseekforbride's photo
Fri 01/25/13 07:32 AM
I am from Central NY (Liverpool, NY.. Galeville area).

Previous 1