Community > Posts By > Torgo70

no photo
Thu 01/28/16 06:51 AM
Nothing says I love you like an STD.

no photo
Thu 01/28/16 06:13 AM

^^^ Ladies please forgive my rant, i just find some things hard to ignore, someone blowing their own trumpet while belittling others is one of them flowers

Yep, it's a pathetic attempt to make himself look good, and knock all the other men down.

no photo
Thu 01/28/16 05:48 AM
Fun horror comedy.

no photo
Wed 01/27/16 12:14 PM
Edited by Torgo70 on Wed 01/27/16 12:14 PM

I'm all for it !! Women want equality, well they are getting it. If you don't like it, get yo weight up.....

Any man who would hit a woman, or is okay with it is a spineless coward.

Hopefully all the females on this site read your post and stay far away from you.

no photo
Wed 01/27/16 06:20 AM
Graverobbers Wanted: No Experience Necessary - Jeff Strand

no photo
Tue 01/26/16 03:47 PM

no photo
Tue 01/26/16 06:19 AM

I am curious do you have mummy issues?

Just asking.

Didn't King Tut have mummy issues?

no photo
Tue 01/26/16 06:15 AM
((((Sherrie))))smooched :heart: flowerforyou

b says hi!

Hope all is well, sorry haven't posted much on here, things have been busy on the home front.

no photo
Tue 01/26/16 06:08 AM
Because, when you're cool, the sun shines on you 24 hours a day.

no photo
Fri 01/22/16 12:01 PM
It's hard to take any of these awards shows seriously, especially the Oscars after reading the book The Men Who Would Be King: An Almost Epic Tale of Moguls, Movies, and a Company Called DreamWorks , and what Kevin Smith went through when trying to get the Oscars to consider Michael Parks for a nomination (and the ridiculous amount of money that would have to be paid just for them to even consider Parks)

no photo
Wed 01/20/16 04:13 AM

"i never promised you a rose garden"
are the movie and the song related?

The movie's based on the 1964 book of the same name, I haven't read it, but it was inspired by the author's experience of when she was a teen.

Don't think the song is related though.

ok i see.. thanks.

No, the song & the movie (and vice-versa)are not related to one another. I saw the film when it came out back in the 70's,
and I don't remember anything in it having to do with rose gardens.
My guess is that the song, a "one-hit-wonder" for country singer Lynn
Anderson, was so popular that the producers of the film thought it best to keep that title for the film, though the song wasn't used for it.

Neither song nor movie have anything to do with an actual rose garden. Has to do with unrealistic expectations, in the case of the movie the lead actress complains to her doctor about her situation, and the doctor responds "I never promised you a rose garden."

The title of the film is from the novel of the same name, which was published decades before the song.

no photo
Fri 01/15/16 10:07 AM
Dan Haggerty, who fans know as Grizzly Adams, died early Friday morning at the age of 74 from cancer, ABC News has confirmed with the actor's manager Terry Bomar.

Haggerty starred as Grizzly Adams in the 1974 film "The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" and the subsequent TV series of the same name, which ran from 1977 to 1978.

The actor, who was originally from Wisconsin, then went on to appear in several films and TV shows, including "Charlie's Angels" in 1981 and "The Love Boat" in 1983.

Some of Haggerty's most recent projects included an appearance in "Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan" and "Dead in 5 Heartbeats," both released in 2013.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/actor-dan-haggerty-died-74/story?id=36311897

no photo
Fri 01/15/16 05:37 AM
Pretty good Danish coming of age werewolf film.

no photo
Thu 01/14/16 05:47 AM
An underrated Alan Rickman movie: Closet Land (1991)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_PYEAbp2Kc

no photo
Thu 01/14/16 05:40 AM
Alan Rickman, Harry Potter and Die Hard actor, dies aged 69

Actor Alan Rickman, known for films including Harry Potter, Die Hard, Truly Madly Deeply and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, has died at the age of 69.
The star was suffering from cancer, his family said.
He became one of Britain's best-loved acting stars thanks to roles including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films and Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
He also won a Bafta Award for playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in 1991's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.
A family statement said: "The actor and director Alan Rickman has died from cancer at the age of 69. He was surrounded by family and friends."

Alan Rickman was Professor Snape in the Harry Potter franchise
Harry Potter actor James Phelps, who played Fred Weasley, said on Twitter he was "shocked and sad" to hear the news. He wrote: "One of the nicest actors I've ever met. Thoughts and prayers with his family at this time."

His twin brother Oliver Phelps, who played George Weasley, added: "Terribly sad news about the passing of Alan Rickman. A funny and engaging person who put a shy young actor at ease when I was on HP."
TV star and Bafta ceremony host Stephen Fry wrote: "What desperately sad news about Alan Rickman. A man of such talent, wicked charm and stunning screen and stage presence. He'll be sorely missed."
Actor David Morrissey also paid tribute. He said: "So sad to hear the news of Alan Rickman. A wonderful actor and lovely man. Tragic news."
The London-born star began his career in theatre, including the Royal Shakespeare Company, before winning roles in TV dramas like Smiley's People and The Barchester Chronicles in the 1980s.
He became best known for playing screen villains - including the role of Judge Turpin opposite Johnny Depp in 2007's Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street as well as the likes of Hans Gruber and the Sheriff.

But he showed his gentler side in films like 1990's Truly Madly Deeply, 1995's Sense and Sensibility and Love Actually in 2003.
He earned Bafta nominations for his roles in Truly Madly Deeply, in which he played Juliet Stevenson's ghost lover, and for playing Colonel Brandon alongside Kate Winslet in Sense and Sensibility.
He got another Bafta nomination for portraying the calculating Eamon de Valera in 1996's Michael Collins.
The following year, he won a Golden Globe for best actor in a miniseries or television film for the title role in Rasputin: Dark Servant of Destiny.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

no photo
Wed 01/13/16 01:39 PM
Forgot Simon Pegg and Nick Frost:

Shaun Of The Dead

Hot Fuzz (the documentary Fuzzball Rally about Simon, Nick, and Edgar Wright's American press tour for Hot Fuzz is hilarious)

The World's End

Paul

no photo
Tue 01/12/16 12:11 PM
It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Sleeper
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Animal House
What About Bob
My Cousin Vinny
Superbad
Role Models
Mystery Team
The Ladies Man (Jerry Lewis)
The Time Of Their Lives (Abbott & Costello, almost any of their movies)
Airplane!
Top Secret!
The Burbs
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Noises Off
Murder By Death
This Is Spinal Tap
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Beetlejuice
Caddyshack
Stripes
The Blues Brothers
Cannibal Women In The Avocado Jungle Of Death
The Kentucky Fried Movie
Amazon Women On The Moon
Real Genius
Weird Science

no photo
Tue 01/12/16 07:21 AM

Excellent 70's film about a teen girl trying to survive in a mental institution

"i never promised you a rose garden"
are the movie and the song related?

The movie's based on the 1964 book of the same name, I haven't read it, but it was inspired by the author's experience of when she was a teen.

Don't think the song is related though.

no photo
Tue 01/12/16 06:39 AM
Excellent 70's film about a teen girl trying to survive in a mental institution.

Another excellent 70's film. Very downbeat story about a depressed man who contemplates killing his family.

And one more from the 70's. Both John Savage and Anne Sothern were great.

Excellent thriller.

Creepy.

Really enjoyed this one. Mystery/thriller about three sisters who gather at their recently deceased mother's lake house, the same lake where their mother vanished.

Fun superhero flick.

no photo
Mon 01/04/16 03:45 PM

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25