Wed 11/18/15 04:13 PM
Destroy All Movies!!! The Complete Guide To Punks On Film

no photo
Wed 11/18/15 06:18 AM

ban it. ...it's cheap and useless

Says the guy who started this thread: http://mingle2.com/topic/429740

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 09:12 AM
I wish I was someone else, then I could kiss me.

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 05:31 AM
Excellent supernatural horror...

Pretty good home invasion-style at a college campus...

no photo
Mon 11/16/15 04:54 AM
Some of my favorites:

The Phantom Carriage (1921)
A Page Of Madness (1926)
Häxan: Witchcraft Through the Ages (1922)
The Unknown (1927)
The Man Who Laughs (1928)

The Man Who Cheated Life aka The Student Of Prague (1926) - This is a remake of the 1913 film The Student Of Prague, yep, remakes have been around since the silent era.

The Cat And The Canary (1927)
The Hands Of Orlac (1924)
The Fall Of The House Of Usher (1928)
The Lodger (1927) - Early Hitchcock
Warning Shadows (1923)

Not from the silent era, but two films that work like silent films:

Vampyr (1932) - Very little dialogue and its use of shadows is very reminiscent of silent horror films like Nosferatu.

Dementia (1955) Zero dialogue, and its atmosphere and imagery is very much like a silent film. Just make sure its the original 61 min cut of the film. If you hear a bad voice over, that's the bad version of the film.

And one film shot to look like a silent film from the 1920s: The Call Of Cthulhu (2005)

no photo
Fri 11/13/15 09:29 AM
Edited by Torgo70 on Fri 11/13/15 09:30 AM
For some reason animated movies get to me more, the saddest movie about dogs I've seen is The Plague Dogs (1982), it's from the same studio that made Watership Down, based on the book by Richard Adams (who also wrote the book Watership Down). Unlike other dog movies like Marley And Me and Old Yeller the two dogs in The Plague Dogs suffer through the whole movie as they escape the animal testing lab, and try to flee from their captors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B90X7NchOs

Another one is When The Wind Blows (1986), about an elderly couple trying to prepare for and survive a nuclear war.

Graveyard Of The Fireflies (1988), Set in Japan during WWII, a brother and sister separated from their parents after American bombings try to survive and hope they see their family again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPeTSRd580

no photo
Thu 11/12/15 07:49 AM
would you date a life-size Brad (from 1968-'72,Brad was Barbie's then-beau Ken's handsome black best bud)

You might want to tell the ladies you're anatomically correct.

no photo
Wed 11/11/15 10:22 AM

If that was NZ, it must've been Smaug... :wink:

that was the coolest dragon ever...

That *was* pretty cool - I'd just found a good deal on a fairly-big TV when that came out, so I'd largely stopped going to the theater to see movies. But I went to see that one in 3D, & I remember thinking "Oh man, THIS just blows my TV out of the water!!" surprised love

all those movies were great visually on blue ray...

And the Hobbit trilogy looks fantastic on 3D Blu Ray.

i never got into the 3D experience... last 3D i saw was the transformers movie a few years ago...

I like it. And I love that some of the old 3D movies are being updated for today's technology. I bought the late 60s scifi flick The Bubble, characters find themselves trapped inside a town surrounded by a bubble (long before Under The Dome and The Simpsons Movie). The 3D looks amazing, better than any of the new movies, originally when I wanted to show off the 3D to people I would put in Avatar (came free with my Blu Ray player), but now I show them this.

no photo
Wed 11/11/15 05:37 AM
Next Topic: Upcoming/Recent Movies You would like to see?

1. Our Brand Is Crisis (2015)
2. Star Wars VII

no photo
Tue 11/10/15 11:15 AM

If that was NZ, it must've been Smaug... :wink:

that was the coolest dragon ever...

That *was* pretty cool - I'd just found a good deal on a fairly-big TV when that came out, so I'd largely stopped going to the theater to see movies. But I went to see that one in 3D, & I remember thinking "Oh man, THIS just blows my TV out of the water!!" surprised love

all those movies were great visually on blue ray...

And the Hobbit trilogy looks fantastic on 3D Blu Ray.

no photo
Tue 11/10/15 07:47 AM
Dream Park by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes

no photo
Mon 11/09/15 06:30 AM
Edited by Torgo70 on Mon 11/09/15 06:30 AM
If all the women and girls in this earth would have had a tail , , , then what?

Then this happens...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDbtPuOUvk

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 11:37 AM
And just last year we lost Marilyn Burns who was the lead Sally Hardesty.

But yeah Gunnar seemed to be one of those actors who embraced and appreciated the part that made him famous.

I think I was 12 or 13 when I first watched it. It has since become one of my favorite horror films.

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 11:06 AM
Need something to do while waiting in line at the DMV.

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 11:03 AM
Unless it's a big movie like the upcoming Star Wars I avoid mainstream cinemas, too many obnoxious movie goers. I prefer the Indie theaters, those generally attract like minded people that are actually there to watch the movie and not play on their phones or talk to their friends. But even then I'll go mainly to see an older film re released on the big screen.

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 10:53 AM

96 Minute Director's Cut. Also the feature-length making of documentary: Medieval Times.

.. he's making a new one I hear

There's the new TV series Ash Vs The Evil Dead which airs on Starz, the second episode showed last night.

There's also rumors of a fourth Evil Dead, and a crossover movie with the Evil Dead remake.

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 08:54 AM

Ahhh! This question again. Well I'm single cause women refuse to submit to my desires. I mean....all I ask for is for her to simply dress up as Grimace during sex. That ain't weird is it? :angel:

Plus you refuse to give up all your Star Wars action figure to make room for her stuff.

no photo
Sun 11/08/15 08:52 AM
Excellent surreal Swedish horror movie from 1988.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25