Community > Posts By > ViaMusica

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 04:31 PM
Nah, I'm the winner.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 04:29 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 04:30 PM

not likely hippie, i bags this one

But you forgot and left it at the checkout stand...

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 04:13 PM

somewhere where the men can spell and write in english and in a way that can be reasonably well understood, including vowels (yes, I know....picky) :)

Take me with you! Please? laugh

Of course, I'll probably want to have a couple of getaway homes in other locales, possibly not even in the USA...

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 04:08 PM

born night owl here lol. makes day working a pain though. one lil tiny eensy weensy slip in the finely tuned sleep schedule and i'm screwed for a week at least hahaha

Yeah, same here!

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 04:02 PM
to discuss prophylactic measures

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 02:58 PM
No.

Have you ever licked the inside of your freezer?

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 02:54 PM
Yes. (Just now, in fact.) laugh

Have you ever wondered for a moment whether it was possible to sprain one's tongue?

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 02:47 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sat 06/29/13 02:48 PM

I hate to break this to you, my friend, but homosexual and bisexual activity is pretty common in the animal kingdom, having been observed in a multitude of species from worms to birds to mammals. And no, those who engage in it do not get "torn to shreds". Animals accept it as part of the normal spectrum of social behaviors. Humans are the ones who tear into each other over it. I think we're the species who is "unnatural" about it... because we're the only ones who pass judgment on each other.

For example, dwarf chimpanzees are by default bisexual, using sexual activity to defuse conflicts and avoid physical violence. Male lions have been repeatedly observed engaging in homosexual behavior in the wild. Cetaceans such as dolphins and killer whales also engage frequently in same-sex activity. Among avian species such as ducks, geese and gulls, exclusive same-sex pairings occur in about 4% to 5% of pairs... and some of these species mate for life, which makes them not all that different from humans who marry same-sex partners.

well if its not all that different then I should be able to marry my Chow.. She is Beautiful

In what way is a duck mating with another duck of the same gender is the same as a male human mating with a female dog?

In any case, marriage in the United States is only permitted between two human beings who

1. have reached the age of consent,

2. are not currently married to anyone else, and

3. are mentally competent to sign a binding contract.

A dog is not human, is not permitted to sign a contract, and cannot consent to marriage, so I guess you're out of luck.

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 02:36 PM

This is what it looks like to me, a non Christian outsider.

The man Jesus appears on the scene with a new cult, and some Christians declare him to be a God. (Other Christians who followed his teachings who disagreed are killed by the way.)

This new God Jesus, changes the contract (covenant) and now his followers declare that anyone who believes in Jesus will be saved.

The Jews don't like that Jesus appeared and claimed to be God or the messiah and so they don't buy it. Jews do not worship Jesus as God. Jews still have their old God.

Christians essentially invented a new God, or changed Gods from the old testament to the new testament god they call Jesus.

But in order to fool people and attempt to hold this new religion together with the old believers, someone decided that Jesus was the son of God. So the God of the old testament was apparently his father.

Still others claim that they are one and the same... since there is supposed to only be one God right?

Very confusing.

Aaaaaand this would be why I'm a Unitarian Universalist. Yes, two heretical faiths for the price of one!

Some of us identify as Christian, while some of us do not. The portion of our theology that can be identified as Christian works this way: We don't believe Jesus was God. (Which is why we're Unitarian rather than Trinitarian.) We don't believe in exclusive salvation for some and eternal damnation for others. (Which is why we're Universalist rather than exclusivist.)

As you might expect, our spiritual ancestors suffered some persecution in Europe, going all the way back to Christian Rome, as ours is a faith which shares roots with similar-thinking "heretical" branches of Christianity that date back to the 2nd century (although Unitarianism and Universalism themselves did not come into existence until the 16th century).

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 06/29/13 02:07 PM

Don't matter because it is unnatural anyway.

Just not my job to impose my beliefs on others.

It's as natural as anything else. Homosexuality occurs throughout the animal kingdom. Animals live pretty natural lives in the wild.

In any case, civil law is a wholly different subject. :smile:

Yes it does, and wolves will tear a wolf like that to shreds.

Why are we suddenly talking about wolves?

I hate to break this to you, my friend, but homosexual and bisexual activity is pretty common in the animal kingdom, having been observed in a multitude of species from worms to birds to mammals. And no, those who engage in it do not get "torn to shreds". Animals accept it as part of the normal spectrum of social behaviors. Humans are the ones who tear into each other over it. I think we're the species who is "unnatural" about it... because we're the only ones who pass judgment on each other.

For example, dwarf chimpanzees are by default bisexual, using sexual activity to defuse conflicts and avoid physical violence. Male lions have been repeatedly observed engaging in homosexual behavior in the wild. Cetaceans such as dolphins and killer whales also engage frequently in same-sex activity. Among avian species such as ducks, geese and gulls, exclusive same-sex pairings occur in about 4% to 5% of pairs... and some of these species mate for life, which makes them not all that different from humans who marry same-sex partners.

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:41 PM

Ladies and superdupergoodguyman topher are known to cheat! grumble

Cheaters never prosper. You dare say someone with 27,343 wins isn't prospering? Besides, as the defender of truth, justice and last place on "Last to Post" wins on mingle2, how can I be Superdupergoodguyman TopherJ if I cheat? Nay, I must say, it's the fact I don't cheat that has made me the Superdupergoodguyman I am today. I'm really glad we had this conversation.

You two are funny. laugh

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:39 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Fri 06/28/13 02:39 PM
Wow, are we all offtopic now, or what?

laugh

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:31 PM

Ladies and superdupergoodguyman topher are known to cheat! grumble

Hmmm... how to respond to that...? laugh

ViaMusica's photo
Fri 06/28/13 02:26 PM