Community > Posts By > FreeToB

FreeToB's photo
Mon 03/30/09 10:04 AM

Even intelligent humour, which uses wit, and word wizardry, is accused of being sarcastic and cutting.

I blame this on the political correctness movement. Everybody thinks they deserve to be babied and coddled nowadays, for fear of getting their little feelers hurt.

Sounds crass, but completely true. The level of humor deficiency in the world today is astronomical. It seems that nobody realizes that nobody has the right to NOT be "offended".

JMO

For once, we agree.

With that, I'm turning this off and going out to catch the sun.

Have a nice day, all.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:57 AM
If I remember correctly, no.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:51 AM
Edited by FreeToB on Sun 03/29/09 09:52 AM
If we were someone else, they wouldn't be liking us, but rather, them.
Thats a silly question.
How about "Do people like other people more than me". Same thing.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:47 AM
I read the entire bill and do not see anything in it that refers to requiring food producers to apply pesticides, herbicides or otherwise change thier processes except to require stricter compliance and REPORTING of existing food safety laws and safety PLANS.

This will definately make it harder to be in compliance for all farmers but theres nothing that I see in it that makes organic farming illegal now or in the future.

You can read the bill here : http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-875

Maybe I missed something. After all, I'm not a lawyer.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:31 AM

We have broken it off before and he asks to come back into my life and somehow we get back together cause I miss the fun stuff we do and miss his funny ways, etc. But i feel i don't love him.

Theres your answer right there.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:14 AM
It's comforting to know that the powers that be all over the world have dedicated and entire HOUR to the betterment of earth. Or perhaps it's just to get us used to living in the dark. shades

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:08 AM

Those are scammers beware of anyone asking for anything... Spend time in the forums, you'll get to know some really great people...

...and people like me. :wink:

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:06 AM
It's as serious as you are, and whomever you're talking with. This is only a medium. How serious is a telephone, mail or a first date?

Rule number #1: get a gun and get your ass hit, thats it. oops...Wrong rule #1 laugh

Rule number 1:Don't believe it til you see it.

FreeToB's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:00 AM
Not often. Good or bad, I've most often considered the course of action I'm going to take before I take it.

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 05:13 PM
Behave

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:45 AM
Edited by FreeToB on Sat 03/28/09 12:19 PM

I would attempt to explain to him where he is wrong, but I am smart enough to realize he wouldn't understand so I am saving myself a lot of writing in the post.

I understand quite a few things, youngster...and my IQ is quite a bit higher than your average bear, or fiction writer. It would be entertaining to hear your explanation of "where he's wrong". Don't worry that I won't be able to follow what you say. I'm quite sure that I can muddle along through it. Given your prior posts, I'm 100% sure.

If you need to do your virtual friend a favor, go buy one of his books. It looks so gay...the way you're after him. lol

Oh, you misspelled dimensional. Did I miss the quotation marks?

You are very one dimentional. You are not very worthy of my time. If you were truly interested in how you are wrong, I believe you would do the research yourself.

What a great cop-out. Not! But I (we) understand, "genius". Dude, I would crucify you in any debate. Even if it turned violent. lol You're a kid. We understand how much you're sure you know. See you in 20 years or so when you realize how much you really didn't.

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 11:16 AM

I would attempt to explain to him where he is wrong, but I am smart enough to realize he wouldn't understand so I am saving myself a lot of writing in the post.

I understand quite a few things, youngster...and my IQ is quite a bit higher than your average bear, or fiction writer. It would be entertaining to hear your explanation of "where he's wrong". Don't worry that I won't be able to follow what you say. I'm quite sure that I can muddle along through it. Given your prior posts, I'm 100% sure.

If you need to do your virtual friend a favor, go buy one of his books. It looks so gay...the way you're after him. lol

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:30 AM
Edited by FreeToB on Sat 03/28/09 10:31 AM
laugh

BTW, you mispelled intelligent.

It was deliberate (note the quotation marks). Also known as an "airplane," because it went right over your head.
:laughing:

I forgot the little smiley, as usual. So I'll let the "went over my head" thing go.

It totally went over your head. The WHOLE thing, not just the last couple of sentences.

OK, this from the same guy who says "what happens in the world does not effect him". lol

I got his post. Generally speaking, writers, musicians, actors, etc. are narcissistic personalities whose everyday lives revolve around themselves. As evidenced by Lex' thoughts, in paragraph one, about his relationships in early life and his wllingness to just have throw away relationships. Classic narcissism. More likely, he was not able to maintain a relationship because of his own narcissism. Now he's wondering why he is failing to find someone with his needs. To me it's evident. If you want someone who only cares about their own needs, how can they care about yours?

I got it. I spite of his "success" at writing some books, Lex is lonely and can't get past trying to brand others who, in his opinion, are not as creative as himself.

Lex, theres a million total idiots out there who are in great relationships. Perhaps they're just too ignorant to realize how bad they have it.

Oh..here: :smile:

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:20 AM

BTW, you mispelled intelligent.

It was deliberate (note the quotation marks). Also known as an "airplane," because it went right over your head.
:laughing:

I forgot the little smiley, as usual. So I'll let the "went over my head" thing go.

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:14 AM

Being unique is not as much of a sought-after thing as most people claim.

Trust me on this.

From another angle:

The site I use for the profiles on the "One Glorious Profile" thread -- probably 85% of those profiles say something like "I am not like anyone you have ever met!" and then go on to write the exact same five sentences you'll find in each of the next 5682 profiles.

Either they have never read another dating site profile (which is entirely possible, given the average literacy level), or they simply have no idea what the words mean.

I have come to the conclusion that people who try too hard in their profiles to convince you that they are unique or sexy or "intelegent" probably aren't.

It takes more than someone saying "I am ______" for me to believe it. Prove it. The profile gives them a decent shot at it -- most of them fail to take advantage of the opportunity.

Who are you talking to? Everyone else or yourself? Every single person believes themselves to be unique and few admit to conformity. Sadly, not enough even know the definition.

Everyone is not a writer able to convey thoughts and feelings effectively, even though they may in fact be far more intelligent than you or me. So I'm not certain that I can judge a persons motives for writing one thing or another, or decide that they are trying to "convince" people of anything.

I would also not be too quick to judge ones literacy by their ability to talk about themselves. BTW, you mispelled intelligent.

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 10:02 AM

When I was younger, I wound up in a lot of relationships that were based on nothing more than availability and the fact that I was always in a band. Short-term entanglements; fun, frivolous, designed to be disposable, and easy enough to forget and move on.

I knew, from an early age, that the traditional relationship model wasn't going to work for me -- I didn't want a life like my dad's, and I didn't want to be like one of my ever-growing circle of friends who got married at 19 or 20 and wanted out a year or two later.

And I would tell my girlfriends "I don't want that kind of life," and they would all say, "Well, I don't either."

Inevitably, three months down the road, they would change their minds. "We should get married, we should start a family, you would make a great father...." Blah blah blah. Not interested; I was never really interested in any of that.

Time to throw in the towel and start over again.

As I got older, I saw, more and more, that tradition was everything. There just weren't any women, in my experience, who weren't inextricably tied to the cardboard cutout husband-father model of what a partner should be. People couldn't conceive of a life that didn't revolve around reproduction and alcohol; I suspect there's some kind of link there, possibly causal, and I can imagine it working in both directions.

I told myself, for years, that I would eventually meet someone who had a similar goal -- a relationship built around intellect and creativity and mutual support and caring and communication, one which transcended the ongoing train wrecks that were the "standard model" relationships I saw all around me.

I would occasionally weaken and give in to the overwhelming weight of the norm. I even got married -- biggest mistake of my life, on any number of levels.

I'd like to think I learned something from that.

And, truth be told, I did actually meet one person whose intellect and creativity fit the profile; but only one. And that's been a sort of a ten-year boondoggle.

Over time, I see fewer and fewer indicators that there are actually people interested in anything other than the sheer, pre-programmed biological imperative. The ones who used to make an effort to PRETEND they wanted something else have been replaced by more of those who admit, from Day One, that it's all about being exactly the same as everybody else.

Not a particularly hospitable environment for someone such as myself who would rapidly wither and die attempting to be a conformist.

Maybe this is why eHarmony told me I was unmatchable....?

I had a few things to say point by point but will just stick with "We grow older".

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 09:48 AM

Why does it matter? Are you just looking for something to complain about? Nothing is ever perfect and certainly you can't ever please everyone, the world isn't like that. And don't say, "Oh I was not complaining." If you had no problem with it, the topic would have never been brought up.
:smile: in all honesty,i am not complaining as i stated,i just love irony and i thought it was a more thought-provoking topic than "what color shirt do you have on today?" be seeing you

I suppose that depends on your understanding of color. I personally find the fact that colors are "produced" by the brain as a way to distinguish different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation (light) that are either absorbed or reflected from an object, quite thought provoking. And wonder if a dog, bird, cat "sees" it the same. (But I'm a geek...so) That, to me, is much more interesting than if you can say pu$$y on here or not. Quite a juvenile "complaint" actually.

dogs don't see red. everything is a bluish tinge to them

Thank you for that information. That will be usefull if I'm tryng to sneak past some attack dogs. lol Can't see it in the near future but hey...who knows?

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 09:42 AM

Why does it matter? Are you just looking for something to complain about? Nothing is ever perfect and certainly you can't ever please everyone, the world isn't like that. And don't say, "Oh I was not complaining." If you had no problem with it, the topic would have never been brought up.
:smile: in all honesty,i am not complaining as i stated,i just love irony and i thought it was a more thought-provoking topic than "what color shirt do you have on today?" be seeing you

I suppose that depends on your understanding of color. I personally find the fact that colors are "produced" by the brain as a way to distinguish different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation (light) that are either absorbed or reflected from an object, quite thought provoking. And wonder if a dog, bird, cat "sees" it the same. (But I'm a geek...so) That, to me, is much more interesting than if you can say pu$$y on here or not. Quite a juvenile "complaint" actually.

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 09:19 AM

I've got a word or two
To say about the things that you do
You're telling all those lies
About the good things that we can have
If we close our eyes

Do what you want to do
And go where you're going to
Think for yourself
'Cause I won't be there with you

I left you far behind
The ruins of the life that you have in mind
And though you still can't see
I know your mind's made up
You're gonna cause more misery

Do what you want to do
Think for yourself

Although your mind's opaque
Try thinking more if just for your own sake
The future still looks good
And you've got time to rectify
All the things that you should

Do what you want to do
Think for yourself

Do what you want to do
Think for yourself
Think for yourself

Wow, The Beatles. They're dead, right?

FreeToB's photo
Sat 03/28/09 08:12 AM
We all live in a bubble as far as knowing whats going on in the world. You know 90% of what goes on in your own home, if you live alone. 10% of what goes on next-door and 0% farther than that.

Example: Several years ago I saw US news reports covering Israels assault on Hebron (not the last one). "Our" news reported that an Israeli APC had blocked, then pushed a news van off the road. I watched German and French news on the same subject and SAW the same taped event but with Israeli troops machine-gunning western reporters on a hotel balcony overlooking the fighting, from the same APC, and killing two of them..THEN they pushed the vehicle out of the road.

You get the "news" that the media wants you to get so they can control the views of the people. No matter how much you "know", you know nothing.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next