Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Sun 07/03/22 06:54 PM
You can actually read his manifesto on wikipedia. He was a professor and apparently was a strong supporter of anarchism and primitivism.

In summary, he believed the progress of society naturally removed everyone's freedoms. Reverting back to a primitive lifestyle was the only way to protect freedom.

no photo
Mon 05/30/22 09:05 AM
Edited by Unknow on Mon 05/30/22 09:19 AM
I'm going to keep this short and simple.

mRNA stands for Messenger Ribonucleic Acid. mRNA is naturally used in the body to inform tiny proteins called Ribosomes that control how proteins are produced in the cell. Proteins have a whole number of functions, and modernly, we are still woefully uninformed on all of the uses of said proteins. An interesting realm discovered within the past 20 years is that certain proteins actually are continually passed down to modify gene expression which is essentially the turning on and off of certain genes.

To answer your question, it's likely the immunity itself would be passed down, but the mRNA itself would not be passed down - although it's possible it could be passed down, I'd say unlikely because the cell shuts down practically all of its processes significantly before cytokineses. The proteins will most likely be passed down.

Now, what does this mean for the next generation? Probably little considering viruses are evolving all the time - and the effect wares off a time later anyway.

no photo
Mon 05/30/22 08:42 AM
I use to tell myself everyday that happiness doesn't exist.

People strive too much to find happiness. They only start living when they realize that they can be happy with anything. Philosophy tells you how to live, happiness is just a reward for living in that way.

no photo
Fri 05/13/22 01:46 AM
I want to find someone who inspires me. Tell me how.

no photo
Tue 08/17/21 06:59 PM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 08/17/21 07:00 PM

It should be worth a thought about the context here. The Quran says Christians, note very few of them, can go to heaven and that some of them are worthy. However, the Quran is very careful to not say which Christians. Not all Christians are trinitarians for instance. Catholicism still adheres to a symbolic fasting during the month of Lent. Some Christian faiths still adhere to veiling a woman's head - as does Catholicism in some situations. Not all Christians even adhere to the Bible. Even further, at the time the Quran was created, many of the standards of Muslim tradition were not well seated and many no-name Christians inhabited the Arabian peninsula.

As a Christian, there is no such thing as a man being worthy, the Bible says all men are evil.

Not all Christians are fundamentalists that adhere to everything or exactly what the Bible says either. Not all Christians even agree on what the Bible is.

no photo
Sun 08/15/21 03:22 PM

I just had a guy of approx. 28 here who did my entire garden -which is a lot and was an incredibly mess- for E80.
Teenagers work for minimum wage for their age and usually hard work too. Filling shelves in supermarkets, things in restaurants (like washing dishes) etc.
If it wasn't for them willing to do work for that low price an hour life would get much more expensis for $20 - $25 an hour, which is steep but it is hard physical work too. ve for us as they'd then have to get adults in that get more pay.
Even adults do yard
Teenagers often get offered like $8, depending on their age of course. And they do take that work.

But that's over here. I wonder if the situation over there that is told is true or more people's own projections. Of late I notice a lot of antipathy concerning teenagers and youngster from people (not here per say) that often is totally out of line and very unfair.
I think that's a shame. We all have been teenagers and youngsters and many of us weren't lovely, willing etc. themselves. Teenage years is meant to rebel, find out how it works, how you like things, and how not. It's not about being on a leash and obeying everything they're told.

That's exactly how it is in the US. The real problem is that there are too many young people in the market and not enough advanced employment opportunities. Kids are very often starting work when they're 14 or more likely 16, but the experience they gain in these jobs will practically earn them nothing. What the younger generation is looking for is an actual promise they'll get something for their work rather than a belief they're entitled to free rewards. I've known people who have worked the same basic non-skilled job upwards of five [sometimes even ten] years never getting a promotion or raise with no opportunity to advance or even learn something new until a manager steps down. Once you move into a manager position, that's likely your permanent position until you get a college degree.

There's too much bureaucracy in jobs now. It's all a bunch of licenses, labels, perfect resumes, and college degrees. You can't pick a job and expect to be able to find a better one using that experience ten years down the line. Businesses simply do not trust the average person enough to be able to learn or achieve the knowledge required for a job while being on the job. In other words, the prerequisites for jobs that aren't basic high-school level jobs are too high in their standards for the basic low-wage jobs to matter, especially when most people have worked those jobs at least once.

What's causing all this? I personally blame the education system and the patent system both. Patents have allowed businesses to keep ideas and knowledge ten-thirty years ahead of colleges, and many analytical jobs that use to allow High-School students now require an associate's minimum. The education system has also made it so easy to graduate High-School compared to what it use to be in the US that nearly everyone is going to college or at least has a high school degree, raising the bar for competition even higher.

Not entirely sure how it started. I think (over here at least) it has much to do with a surplus of available youngster and not enough jobs in the 80s.
I remember they demanded young people with HAVO diploma, which is basically higher level, for working the cash register in the supermarket. These jobs used to be for medium and possibly even lower diplomas.
So standards went up as there were plenty to choose from: employers market.

As it is there seems to be a bit of a turn around in the demand for diplomas and not looking at a person's skills and experience. A far cry from ideal still, but my daughter got out of the restaurant business into a well paid office job with relative ease. That's because in the restaurant business she was also higher up as she's a natural in that sense. She just presented herself that way, emphasizing her skills & experience at manager level.
She changed office jobs 3x and now is happy where she is. She now works less hours for the same or a little more pay than she had before for fulltime.
She did NOT have the diplomas for that position. All the others did, she was the only one who didn't. And at all 3 places they quickly recognised her skills and moved her to a higher position/better work.
So much is also in how you present yourself, including your experience even when in another line of business. And a little help from mom in having really powerful letters of application and resume. Creative writing is my forté, not hers. It got her in jobs at the speed of light!
And the last one because her level of English (she lived in the US for 5 yrs and lived with me & British ex). This is unusual here as all on this island is German based.
She's barely worked there half a year now and is running a few things and present in hiring a new employee :) Without diplomas in the field!

Age is a tough one though. I don't think that has changed. Once you're 38 and looking for a job you're too old. They assume you're slow, can't work with a PC etc. etc. So basically once you're 38+ society declares you redundant. And then you get chit for not having or getting a job...

I'd love to say this is greatly accurate. Your daughter seems like a great person. However, with the rise of job sites like indeed, very often the cover letter is never even read. The resume is almost always the only thing they care about, at least in the US. Most businesses now don't even accept walk-ins or email. In many cases, especially when you have to apply through their own site, you don't even have a chance to send a cover letter let alone write one. That's on top of the fact you're often applying along with 50+ people.

Even worse so, these jobs are more often than not not desperate. Businesses will often times deny you and leave the job window open for another six months just to find someone a hint more qualified.

no photo
Sun 08/15/21 12:24 PM
Edited by Unknow on Sun 08/15/21 12:32 PM

I just had a guy of approx. 28 here who did my entire garden -which is a lot and was an incredibly mess- for E80.
Teenagers work for minimum wage for their age and usually hard work too. Filling shelves in supermarkets, things in restaurants (like washing dishes) etc.
If it wasn't for them willing to do work for that low price an hour life would get much more expensis for $20 - $25 an hour, which is steep but it is hard physical work too. ve for us as they'd then have to get adults in that get more pay.
Even adults do yard
Teenagers often get offered like $8, depending on their age of course. And they do take that work.

But that's over here. I wonder if the situation over there that is told is true or more people's own projections. Of late I notice a lot of antipathy concerning teenagers and youngster from people (not here per say) that often is totally out of line and very unfair.
I think that's a shame. We all have been teenagers and youngsters and many of us weren't lovely, willing etc. themselves. Teenage years is meant to rebel, find out how it works, how you like things, and how not. It's not about being on a leash and obeying everything they're told.

That's exactly how it is in the US. The real problem is that there are too many young people in the market and not enough advanced employment opportunities. Kids are very often starting work when they're 14 or more likely 16, but the experience they gain in these jobs will practically earn them nothing. What the younger generation is looking for is an actual promise they'll get something for their work rather than a belief they're entitled to free rewards. I've known people who have worked the same basic non-skilled job upwards of five [sometimes even ten] years never getting a promotion or raise with no opportunity to advance or even learn something new until a manager steps down. Once you move into a manager position, that's likely your permanent position until you get a college degree.

There's too much bureaucracy in jobs now. It's all a bunch of licenses, labels, perfect resumes, and college degrees. You can't pick a job and expect to be able to find a better one using that experience ten years down the line. Businesses simply do not trust the average person enough to be able to learn or achieve the knowledge required for a job while being on the job. In other words, the prerequisites for jobs that aren't basic high-school level jobs are too high in their standards for the basic low-wage jobs to matter, especially when most people have worked those jobs at least once.

What's causing all this? I personally blame the education system and the patent system both. Patents have allowed businesses to keep ideas and knowledge ten-thirty years ahead of colleges, and many analytical jobs that use to allow High-School students now require an associate's minimum. The education system has also made it so easy to graduate High-School compared to what it use to be in the US that nearly everyone is going to college or at least has a high school degree, raising the bar for competition even higher.

On top of this, there's also the issue that no one really wants to start their own business from what I see. Most people just want a comfortable job. We're extremely reliant on corporations to provide these jobs that could be satisfied with more local business and competition.

no photo
Sat 08/14/21 03:47 PM
The funny part about all of this, in the US at least, is that the FEDs have openly said they want more people to go to work before they lower rates. The problem is not only the unemployment benefits, the problem is that with delta coming through, the stability of these jobs are practically nothing. As a side effect, with college students coming in wanting a job, they're all disappearing very fast.

The thing is, the job market is unstable right now because practically everything is unstable right now.

no photo
Thu 08/12/21 10:17 AM
Edited by Unknow on Thu 08/12/21 10:22 AM
Most people who succeed in school don't know why they're doing it until they hit college and usually become disappointed that they wasted their time - they just do everything their parents told them. Even further, usually questions on school tests only refer to things in-context making the information practically useless. Basically, it trains you to have set answers that aren't applicable to the real world. It's based on an outdated teaching concept that kids need to learn steps before they can adopt a concept, which is wrong in many subjects, particularly Mathematics and English.

It doesn't help that in America, the basis of what it takes to get a High School degree has plummeted so much that most businesses that use to only need a High School degree are now requiring an Associate's minimum.

no photo
Mon 08/09/21 04:50 PM

Scientists have shouted about life for years. There's practically infinite potential for it. There's evidence on Pluto in the ice towards the poles from what we know. The problem is that it's one of those things that we simply don't know enough about to say we have any evidence for it really beyond what's already speculation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the speculation is completely farcical, it's just that we can't really have proof of anything until we see it ourselves.

no photo
Mon 08/09/21 04:40 PM
Edited by Unknow on Mon 08/09/21 04:42 PM

Christians are the nearest to Muslims

Mormons may be near Muslims, but not Christians.

It should be worth a thought about the context here. The Quran says Christians, note very few of them, can go to heaven and that some of them are worthy. However, the Quran is very careful to not say which Christians. Not all Christians are trinitarians for instance. Catholicism still adheres to a symbolic fasting during the month of Lent. Some Christian faiths still adhere to veiling a woman's head - as does Catholicism in some situations. Not all Christians even adhere to the Bible. Even further, at the time the Quran was created, many of the standards of Muslim tradition were not well seated and many no-name Christians inhabited the Arabian peninsula.

no photo
Sat 08/07/21 05:24 PM
As far as I see it, Bitcoin will never hit the cap or be worth investing long-term in until nations who actually have seriously bad inflation problems use it. People who are investing long-term are essentially gambling that people in Africa will use it. Until [if] that happens, it won't really be worth touching. The market is built on "fake value" if that makes sense.

On top of that, once companies and governments get involved, which they now are, the entire purpose of it up front is made-up folly. "Non-Regulated Currency" has never actually existed as it will always be regulated by who has the most of it.

As someone else said, use it like you're day trading until the trend finally dies. I earned 80 bucks off of it a few months back - not traditional bitcoin mind you, other blockchains.

no photo
Sun 07/25/21 03:10 PM
Edited by Unknow on Sun 07/25/21 03:19 PM
Firstly, Mexico is a bad example because Mexico was and still is corrupt. Mexico has always been corrupt, just like the rest of South America. Further, Mexico essentially only stopped being a third world country after the Mexican and Green revolution. The truth is, Mexico is a 2nd world nation and shouldn't be compared to the US. It's the same with Venezuela and Iran. Further, we have openly invited Mexicans to the US, so it's not like we weren't asking for it -even more so that we have participated in things that have prevented them from developing and encouraging corruption.

Secondly, we're in a completely different time than the Great Depression. People are far more educated than they ever have been. The Federal Reserve was not connected to banks in the same way it is now. No one respectable is taking out loans to invest in the stock market -if they are taking out loans, it's because they can't afford a home. If people are in the home market, it's almost always after they already have a first house, is a minority of people, and usually are not people in debt. If people are going into debt [beyond buying a home], it's usually because they are people into inner-city crime or someone who has been on minimum wage for the majority of their life. In fact, the majority of people are afraid of the stock market and equity in general - most people want nothing to do with it beyond long-term investment that most of the time are given freely. Most of the money in circulation is direct hand-to-hand pay checks in the US.

Is this unsustainable? I personally don't really think so as long as education remains cheap and free, which seems to be the exact direction it's going in. To help it along further, I believe the patent market behind the scenes is a huge problem as it prevents corporate competition and technological innovation. I also think we need to rework the education system, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen.

As for what you're saying about green energy, I desperately think the government needs to fund technology startups rather than energy companies, but that won't happen either. Most people don't realize that we need new technologies and lifestyle changes due to how dependent we are on our current system of resources.

no photo
Sat 07/24/21 11:28 AM
Not for gambling, but I program.

no photo
Fri 07/23/21 10:07 AM
I can't say much more than what hasn't been said. The best I can say is to learn to dig out the facts rather than the morals. Once you can do that, you will come to your own conclusions on how the world works. Never-ever let your guard down. Once you're able to dig out the facts, you will naturally want to seek out more factual media. I'm serious in this - stay away from non-interpretive art. The art that tells you not to think is what gets you.

no photo
Fri 07/23/21 09:52 AM
In Qur'anic Law, you are allowed four wives, as long as you show care for all of them.

no photo
Sat 07/17/21 05:54 PM
I mean, as I said, most western nations are doing the exact same thing. The US is important, but it's not as important as it was years ago. The US is beginning to be on equal footing with other nations and needs to start acting like it. The US is mostly a cultural power now and not an economic one - in other words, the economic power is balancing between most developed nations. As far as I'm concerned, the US has already lost their place in the world, it's just that most of the west doesn't have the cultural solidarity to say otherwise.

The thing with bailouts is that bailouts are done because these companies are so large that the active population honestly depends on them. These companies are directly tied to stocks, markets, and supply chains that are bound to fail somehow - most companies only want a bailout to counter their losses when the stock market or supply chain fails.

China will win, but they're winning because they're preying on our weaknesses. We need to encourage competition and a population completely for encouraging more competition. Further, we need to develop more economic connections with our allies, just like China is doing. As for if we're going to return to normal - no, we're not, and the reason is because technology has advanced economics to such a degree that economic growth, for the developed world, is almost guaranteed - the only thing that'd stop it is a world changing event like WW3 or a massive solar blackout. As for these interest rates people are terrified of, I genuinely do not know what to say about them - I don't think they affect the economy nearly as much as people think, especially considering most governments around the world are using central banks to the same capacity which leads back to the point that the economy is so global now that, unless something ridiculously bad happens to the US, all the developed economies have to fail for the US economy to fail.

no photo
Sat 07/17/21 01:06 PM
My outlook on the current situation is that we're all in a war for the highest currency value. Most western developed nations are doing the exact same things these days and are mostly depending on how each other fair.

Wall Street is blatantly irrelevant. No matter what anyone does, they will always come out on top. The reason being is because they have so many assets, including knowledge, that the average person doesn't have or is unwilling to have, it is pointless to attempt and overthrow their "regime". Even further, corporate taxation can easily be avoided through certain means, and the US congress is essentially bound to them.

The US being in trouble will come from its own people, which has happened time and time again. The Feds have little to do with it. As long as people keep piling on debts they can't afford, funneling all their money into the same corporations, buying stuff they don't need, and voting for the same policies over and over again, we'll be in the same situation. Is this a good thing? That depends on your philosophy.

no photo
Sat 07/17/21 12:26 PM
The fact all the moderators know what it is says that it was bizarre. I know from moderator experience myself, when all the mods know, it's either something funny, weird, or out of this world.

no photo
Thu 07/15/21 04:05 PM
Now I feel bad as I've played with people thinking they're scammers. I will take this into consideration. Thank you.

Previous 1