Community > Posts By > imdwonb4u

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 05/21/13 09:26 PM
I read your profile and noticed that you are interested in Ancient Egypt. How so? There are many wasy one can find interest in this and I am curious about wether it is from the religious/spiritual, or the geographic/archaelogic, perspective? There are of others but I hope you get the idea...

imdwonb4u's photo
Mon 05/20/13 12:19 PM
A healthy argument is an argument that doesnt happen. Questions like "Would you be upset if.." "How do you feel about..."etc; all asked prior to and out of consideration of your partners feelings being hurt, which is what a relationship is all about. Caring about the person you love. Loving the person you care about. You putting their needs above your own, and them putting your needs above their own. If you can envision a relationship like the two of you, back to back,..ready to meet the challenges of life together, you are not protecting YOUR front and the other protecting YOUR back...instead you are protecting your partners back, and willing to give your life doing so..your partner realizing the same,..you two become invincible. Finding someone who thinks like this is the problem these days...

imdwonb4u's photo
Mon 05/20/13 12:03 PM
The truth of the matter is that the bad have messed it up for the rest of us..the opportunity for liars to find people to lie to, and gameplayers to find people to play games on/with, have reduced this medium to near nothing as far as finding a real relationship. If you really stop to think about it, the internet is the perfect medium to allow the world population to connect and form the one unified voice of peace...but thanks to the diseased souls the opportunity is lost.."I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony.." would have been possible and not just a song. I have learned that the "best of the best" people are "visible" even online, I am sure everyone knows what I mean, and thats all that I care to meet. If a "love" relationship comes from that then so be it, but knowing that I am not the only one who believes in goodness is enough for me today.

imdwonb4u's photo
Mon 05/20/13 11:39 AM
I am going to give my answer as I understand what the meaning of the question is and not nit-pick the wording...that this supposed to be about adults interacting to provide support, instead seems like a bunch of "escape artists" who are trying to teach grammar instead of discussing liars. Escaping I think from the truth...I have found that many people online( and offline) find some kind of freedom in lying to another...maybe makes them feel smarter than the person who believes them, or more clever, either way it takes us back to the "escape artist"... But learing how to mantain the ability to trust is the subject. Every normal person has the need to trust...yes I said NEED to trust...from your first breath with your mother to your last breath and the grave..we have to have something to believe in and as far as interacting with any other people all that we have is trust..its a requirement in us...when someone takes advantage of that need, it hurts deeply. Meaning it hurts our core. Liars have found this to be a playground mostly for their personal "vendettas" having been betrayed themselves, and in some cases its a psychological dysfunction that stems from feeling inadequate. I was married to a liar for 10 years and over the years, when she was caught in a lie, discussed, the various reasons she gave for lying. The worst part was at some point she believed that she was doing a good thing..by providing me what she felt would make me happy. In her mind it was an act of love. Thats how far it can go in a person who lies. Kids were involved so I had to choose...and I chose a relationship without me trusting her. It ended of course, and I am happier now that its over...she left me for another man, and I have no regrets. As with most things, the hard path is the best path, and in relationships, I find this to be true as well. If you want a real relationship you have to ask the hard questions. I say from day one, ask and be willing to talk about your past relationships. You will find out then wether they are hiding something and that is your indicator about their trustworthiness. May as well find out online, day one, rather than 10 years later with kids involved. I for one do not lie about anything. I am too lazy to try an keep up with lies so I find it easier to take responsibility for whatever I have done in the past and admit to it..I am also interested in a long term relationship and not a fling. This too can be discovered very early on in a budding relationship. This brings us to "settling". There are many here who have settled. I am not one of them. I still believe there are those who dont and wont lie. But mostly here on these dating websites are liars because a liar needs someone to lie to and they find them here. I havent been on this site in over a month, and I wont be back for at least another month...Good Luck Babyface, and dont change your name because of some dipshits suggestion that a name is what makes a liar lie..smh...

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:20 AM
Edward Scissorhands or Hancock....Im single what'd u expect...

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/26/13 01:11 AM
I just answered another question about standards and I think the two topics are related...if you are willing to give anybody a chance because of their looks you have to be willing to accept that they might feel that is all you require. If you sacrifice your standards dont hold the other person responsible for not meetig them. A few more weeks of no female contact though I am sure i will amend this post!

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/26/13 12:55 AM

I once read that "your standards are only as high as the last person you dated", so if we take this to be true, how high are your standards?

Seems to me that if your standards are only as high as the last person you dated then you would still be dating them. If he quit you or you quit him somebodys standards changed to some degree...I think that instead most of us settle for what we hope will be the one that we can change to meet our standards, and that when we decide that thta person is no longer worth the effort we move on. This is not MY case but what I come up with based on what I have lived, learned and observed. Theres two sides to every story, thise stories are more often than not about what went wrong. The more I learn in life the higher my standards become...I am about learned out of the dating and probably the relationship game too at this point...but I am here...hoping....

imdwonb4u's photo
Thu 03/21/13 12:02 PM

I have been getting a bit angry at the dating prospects here.
I have been getting jaded and not believing the things I am reading.
I do not want to be angry or jaded.
I just do not believe that people who are 22 can not find dates.
I do not believe that people need advice about people they have not met.
I am not a mean person, not hopeless but..I gotta say..this site is not helping my hopes.

Who is for real?

I for one understand what you mean. I have had a recent experience where I clicked "match" she clicked "match" only to tell me in message that she wasnt on here to meet anyone, though her profile read " long term relationship"...Im thinking WTF..? why did she click match on me? I guess she felt like she had to return the favor..?? My profile is pretty specific..talk about becoming jaded...and Ive only been on here for a few days !! Maybe I intimidated her by clicking "match" in the fist place! lol smh.. That being said I AM for real and part of that means I expect to have to travel for a "date" though I call it a meeting...either way its a start...Halfway points give both the opportunity to see someplace different...I expect to have both positive and negative experiences, though I didnt expect to have the beginning and the ending of the relationship happen at the same time !!

imdwonb4u's photo
Thu 03/21/13 11:14 AM

I honestly don't believe in sex addictions...I just think they like sex and it is an excuse to have sex with whoever they want.
So if you believe in sex addiction, is it wrong for you to keep doing it with her? That would be like asking yourself...if a person is a cocaine freak, is it wrong to do a line with them? do you think the answer would be?
Like I said, I don't believe in being a sex addict, I think it is an excuse to have sex with everyone....so why not just say you like sex and forget it? All I have to say is be checked and use protections!! NEVER GET WET WITH OUT A RAIN COAT...IT IS JUST NOT SAFE!!!!

People suffering from bipoar II(2) disorder, during a phase of mania will become a sex addict for a temporary period of time. Temporary could be as long as two years...Im just saying that its not an excuse for these people, its a real thing.

imdwonb4u's photo
Thu 03/21/13 10:55 AM

You guys are missing the point. Suppose you weren't interested in a relationship beyond sexual and the addicted person had a clean bill of health from a doctor.

Now, you've found someone willing to give you what you're looking for without insisting on more. Once you've learned that person has a problem, do you still engage in coitus with them?

For you to have any knowledge of the persons addiction you have to know them..to know that they have a clean bill of health means you know them on a personal level(pardon THAT pun..)so what you are really asking is if you would take advantage of somone that you know has this problem, and that you havent as of yet given in to the temptation but 1) either your resolve is weakening and you are about to do what you really want to do, or 2) you have already done it and want to not be the only one who would do so...My vote is to treat your friends the way they want to be treated..this pun is totally intended..

imdwonb4u's photo
Thu 03/21/13 10:38 AM

Lol weird how that happens, but then when that relationship ends, who wants to be best friends again?!

right..I have a friend like that and right now we are in the "never hear from him anymore" stage...what do I(we) do..take them back? even though it will never be the way it was..or do we ignore them like they did us?

imdwonb4u's photo
Wed 03/20/13 01:00 AM
A fellow Merchant Mariner and I were underway..the 4-8 watch,he was the mate on watch I was the AB on look out at the time...he tells me there is a contact on the radar asks why I didnt report it..I looked where he said and couldnt see one ( I pride myself on my ability to see contacts at night- professional pride) He comes out to the bridgewing with his binoculars and cant see one either. Oh well nevermind, lets smoke...we light up and start talking, about a minute later a big flash of light off the port bow and right there about a half mile away-glittering lights like christmas tree lights in a line shining a see-thru blueish light on the ocean..it was not high in the sky but not right over the water either..." I said "F*kin Close Encounters man.."..he said "I dont f*kin believe it.." The AB on the helm yelled out from the wheel "Hey Mate we got that contact.." We watched it for just a few minutes and then the lights went out...He reported it (didnt wake the Captain like I suggested) and we all wrote statments. We got joked all the time about it and the Mate ended up quitting sailing..true story

imdwonb4u's photo
Wed 03/20/13 12:34 AM
I would rather die than to kill. Thats my druthers, however; u mess with my child and you die. You may die at my hand if I am defending myself. I suppose I would never willingly choose to kill anyone under any circumstances but again i said "willingly"...life is full of surprises though right? Good luck...

imdwonb4u's photo
Wed 03/20/13 12:22 AM
my favorite three:
"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"
"You cant make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.."
and my favorite is " Never go to war with yourself.."

imdwonb4u's photo
Wed 03/20/13 12:04 AM
Wow I rate it a 10 out of 10- very concise and to-the-point.

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/19/13 10:16 PM
single --waitin to be found cause Im tired of findin what I find

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/19/13 09:47 PM

I certainly think that’s a big reason.

Another reason under the same general heading of Options, would be that more women are educated than have been in the past. With education comes broader thinking and continued growth throughout life. The more two people, in a couple, grow as individuals the more likely it becomes that they will grow in different directions....or “grow apart”.

I disagree, I look at it as an opportunity to grow closer (appreciate what you've got).

IDK if I would disagree offhand Hippee...women tend to know why they are incapable of staying faithful (no offense cinderella-who by the way put on an elaborate hoax to get with the man with the most money to better her situation..)

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/19/13 09:35 PM

the perfect man would rather have sex than watch football on TV, know a little bit about literature and have buns of steeldrool smitten

:)

let me get this straight..while football is on, he wants to have sex on the TV? Hope its a flatscreen..

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/19/13 09:09 PM

I think arguments are a valid form of communication. It allows you and them to keep your own separate opinions. Of course, there are those rare times when two people can agree on something. Which is why I kindheartedly agree that to agree to disagree is acceptable.:smile: The important thing I have learned from my last relationship is to keep one's own place of residence. It helps to keep relationships uncomplicated. It really helps the communication because at least one of you is listening.happy

Yes..I wish you the peaceful life you deserve rainbow..you wont find it arguing

imdwonb4u's photo
Tue 03/19/13 09:03 PM
Edited by imdwonb4u on Tue 03/19/13 09:26 PM
Finding someone you can have a conversation with is as difficult as finding the right person to be with..because the two go hand-in-hand. You have to be on the same mental level, political outlook, financial level etc, to exchange ideas..for example on person would say( ask) " "Wouldnt it be cool if dolphins could talk..?"...,the other person would respond with something like.."Yes it would, then they could say how cool it is to be a dolphin..",..this is an example of a conversation. Obviously you wouldnt attempt to have this conversation with a dolphin hater, but you get the point. There is no competition involved in conversation. When you have an exchange of opinions, invariably one intends to persuade the other to join their perspective, or privately disagrees and that is the precursor to an argument. Like I said finding the right person to talk with is what determines conversation..the wrong person anf the same talk becomes argument.

Previous 1