Community > Posts By > SamaraNJ

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:51 AM
I play around and say things like.......

It's ok, I know I'm not important enough, I know I dont matter enough.. stuff like that.. but they absolutely know Im joking and purposefully playing around doing the guilt trip thing...

When it comes to being serious I don't play games with people putting them in an actual guilt trip to try to manipulate them...

As for me I don't fall for guilt trips, the benefit of having a heart of stone...

Although my sister or family will so the same little playing-around-not-serious guilt trip stuff and I don't always resist

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:33 AM
and the father will be too...

but he is innocent until proven guilty..

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:30 AM

I still dont get it. He is being held for a crime. Again the judge can release him on his a OR bond. ??????????????????? Am I missing something here?
Wait I see. The judge from the juvenile court that is saying it. Its not the same judge who set the bond!!!!! Thats the only way this makes sence..

I think you're right.. just found this...

Juvenile court judges are required to follow policies intended to reunite children with their parents, if possible, or find safe and suitable long-term care, said Julia M. Hagan, a Portland family law attorney.

That requires bringing family members together to make decisions, and parents have a legal right to participate.

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:24 AM

I still dont get it. He is being held for a crime. Again the judge can release him on his a OR bond. ???????????????????

The way I see this is that the judge in question has primarily the welfare of the younger child in mind. The information about all this though is very confusing, so I refrain from any further comments until someone comes up with the whole story or a link to the whole story.

I haven't found a site yet that is telling the whole story.. each one has bits and pieces..

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:10 AM
I don't know the law about the judge releasing him or why she doesn't do it on her own.. he has been there since April.. I guess someone who knows the law there should help explain as to why she doesnt do that...

SamaraNJ's photo
Sat 12/20/08 03:01 AM
his bail is $500,000.... he had 6 girls aged 14 to 17 in the past two years, charged with sexual abuse and sodomy among other things.. they were all girls from the sons high school... police think there are other victims.. they even took pics of their victims.. the court order does not say why the judge thinks he should be free to help with the planning... the 13 year old is in foster care now.. mother isn't available either, pleading guilty to drunk driving somewhere.. The judge says the state has not provided enough evidence as to him being an unfit parent...

also says...
Julia M. Hagan, a Portland attorney, said juvenile court judges are required to follow policies intended to reunite children with their parents, or find suitable long-term care. Parents, even those in legal trouble, have a legal right to participate in those decisions.

a little info on the judge.. she is the first woman judge in clackamas county.. she has also given traffic violators the option of buying toys for needy children instead of paying for their fines.. she is known nationally as a speaker regarding the management of juvenile sex offender cases....

Its an AP story so everyone has the same info, but not everyone is passing along the same info....

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 11:04 PM
D. S. :wink: love

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 10:56 PM
asleep

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:39 PM
just rain here really.. mom is a couple hours up north and got about a foot of snow I heard...

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:36 PM

Samara, You are absolutely correct, there is nothing at all wrong with hard work, and nothing wrong with wanting more from the effort. The problem, (I did not clearly define), is that so many people were oblivious as to WHY they suddenly needed to work more. Most were not wanting some special new toy, most of the applicants needed to supplement an income that "no longer" met their needs. In those cases, the p/t job was not going to be temporary. But their first thought was not to look to more education, but to accept more work. To me, this is a sign that our society is not promoting education or making readily available, as much as it is attempting to keep people in low wage jobs. The education system has attempted to meet the needs of adults, but the financial burden and the lack of cooperation in busness environments is prohibitive.

As for those who applied for the vacant p/t positions, were I work; we could not review the applicants with full time jobs because the nature of the p/t job requires the person be available to work 6 days a week any of the hours necessary to the job. There are only four of us, when fully staffed, this means we must depend on each person when someone is sick or has an emergency. It's just the nature of the job.

Unfortunately another part of the job requires stocking shelves and filling in for the warehouse position, that requires heavy lifting. Not suitable to the elderly either.

Sorry I didn't explain better.

No reason to be sorry.. ..Happens online to not understand clearly or be able to explain clearly with a few words of type...

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:18 PM
Ashley happy
Good to see you

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:17 PM
Im kinda new to this thread.. but there usually isn't much action when Im around.. maybe I should shower more....

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:09 PM

flowerforyou How long should one wait to introduce their lover to their family?flowerforyou

You read my mind. I was getting ready to post this exact same question. But I was going to be more specific and say your/his kids. We each have two. Mine are 19 and 16, his are 17 and 13. My children have met only two men that I dated in the last 10 years. But I like this guy so much, that I am ready for him to meet the kids.

It takes a lot more trust and thought to meet the kids.. I think twice about dating a man if he is quick to introduce me to his kids.. to me it seems as if he doesn't put much thought into it.. I don't bring men around my nieces and nephews, I don't think it's healthy for them to see me with different people all the time that are just going to be in my life for a short time...

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 07:06 PM
Can't put a specific time on it.. depends on the person... It has been extremely rare that someone meets my family.. No one has been around long enough recently to get that far...

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 06:37 PM
Hey all :)

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 06:32 PM
I gotta say.. its seems some people not only are single, but have no family or friends either... I guess maybe that's why I don't think it's so bad being single, because I have family and friends.. but for someone to be so alone that they think if something was to happen and no one would notice is terrible... Maybe finding someone for a relationship isn't the ultimate answer.. the problem isn't just being single.. what about meeting friends? friends won't split up with you or leave.. you can depend on friends...

SamaraNJ's photo
Fri 12/19/08 06:24 PM

A full 80% of the applicants were looking for a second job - to "maintain" their current lifestyle. Rather than cutting back, being thrifty,or furthering their education, they chose to work even more. Of course that wouldn't work for us, so anyone with another job was not reviewed.

There are plenty of times I work part time once in a while to save a little money if there something I want.. so why is it so bad that I want to WORK MORE for what I want? Why should i have to cut back or be thrifty? As for education, I am also a fulltime student.. If Im willing to work for it then I deserve to get what I want.. Its ridiculous that you wouldnt review applicants who had other jobs.. they are obviously hard workers that are there to work...

SamaraNJ's photo
Thu 12/18/08 10:07 PM

flowerforyou Ladies, What do prefer, A man that is a bit rough and rugged looking or a well groomed metrosexual?flowerforyou

Without a doubt!!!

Rough and Rugged... love

SamaraNJ's photo
Thu 12/18/08 10:06 PM
If I had a flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden...

SamaraNJ's photo
Thu 12/18/08 10:04 PM

Look.. My thoughts are outside the box laugh ^^^^

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25