Community > Posts By > freespirit

freespirit's photo
Sat 04/30/22 04:50 AM
Thanks SparklingCrystal for that further information.

I did buy NordVPN for two years.

With regards Firefox, which is good and I do use, check out 'Tor' browser. It give you security and VPN like no other. (https://www.torproject.org)

I do use Adblock+, I guess that is why I hardly ever see any adverts.

I have occasionally downloaded songs very few though. I normally just buy CDs.

freespirit's photo
Fri 04/29/22 10:59 PM

You cannot avoid legal trouble paying for something if the person you are paying does not have the rights to sell it to you.

If there is a copyright issue with something being uploaded, you have to go to the copyright holder, not to anyone else, regardless of the claims they make.

In this case, I won't bother with any downloads. I will just buy any movies or music cd / dvd as I need them.
Many thanks for the further clarification.

freespirit's photo
Fri 04/29/22 02:45 AM
SparklingCrystal,

Thank You.

Extremely well explained.

I might decide to join and pay for YouTube premium membership, that way I can watch without adverts or download if there is the 'download' button, without getting into possible legal trouble.

freespirit's photo
Thu 04/28/22 11:57 PM
We can see all sort of music and videos uploaded on YouTube.

I have two questions.

Question One:
If one creates the music or records a personal video, that would be fine to upload onto YouTube, I can understand that.

But I see all sorts of music and videos by various people around the world. For example, if I searched for a film, or music like 'Carpenters', Abba, etc. that has been uploaded not always by the creators, but by general public.

Wouldn't this be illegal? - for example to buy a film on DVD and upload it on YouTube?

Question two:
How does one know what is legal or illegal to download for personal use only, like viewing a movie offline or listening music offline?

freespirit's photo
Wed 04/27/22 10:18 AM
Wow! Thank You. What a list! I already have Davinci, Adobe, VSDC, Final Cut and Kdenlive so far.

That should keep me well busy trying them out to find the one that can allow me to quickly scan through the timeline.

I have ordered a special mouse that will allow me to scroll through the timeline quickly. I nearly ordered the Davinci Resolve Keyboard but was not able to justify the price for what I want to do.

Thanks for list, much appreciated.

freespirit's photo
Wed 04/27/22 12:36 AM
Funny you mention that, (VSDC), I recently bought a paid version of that software (wasn't much, pretty cheap), but haven't tried it yet.

Will give it a go this week. Thanks for reminding me of that software.

freespirit's photo
Tue 04/26/22 12:17 AM
Does anyone know of a video editing software that 'acts' like Adobe Bridge 2022?

What I mean is, a package that can break down the video into individual pictures, so that I can quickly page down and find the right locations to carry out the 'cuts' in the video.

I want to quickly cut the adverts from programs recorded over the Television, so that I can upload them onto my Plex Server without adverts.

The nearest I have found so far is VideoRedo. Others I have already tried are Nero, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier CC, etc.

freespirit's photo
Fri 02/18/22 11:13 AM
Our mum taught my brothers and myself all household task, including repairing clothes. My dad was a great cook too. We learnt most of other practical stuff (boy's stuff - repairing cars / bicycles, electronic gadgets, wood/metal work, gardening, painting etc) from our dad. This was in the 60s and 70s in Africa.

freespirit's photo
Sat 10/16/21 02:20 AM
Just wanted to say hello members of this site.

Forum topics looks very interesting.