siouxsiejen's photo
Sun 08/09/15 12:55 AM
Edited by siouxsiejen on Sun 08/09/15 12:58 AM

Histrionics - Popsicle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbPaJjv3K7I

siouxsiejen's photo
Thu 08/06/15 05:04 AM
Edited by siouxsiejen on Thu 08/06/15 05:06 AM

"The Body" by "Public Image Ltd." currently playing...
"Happy" full album on repeat play!

siouxsiejen's photo
Thu 08/06/15 04:59 AM

Loudmouth - Ramones

siouxsiejen's photo
Wed 08/05/15 11:17 AM

Metallica.

Muse. This one I didn't expect. Matthew Bellamy is an amazing vocalist and guitarist!- which I didn't know until I saw them live onstage. It totally blew me away!

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 06/14/14 10:23 AM
Edited by siouxsiejen on Sat 06/14/14 10:27 AM

I've never heard of The Diablo Swing Orchestra, but they sound interesting, so will check them out... torrent here I come!

Hope you like them, what they do shouldn't work but it does. Its like something you never thought you would here but hoped you would!!

Ok, I finally got around to listening to this band! Some weird shite, hahaha!... but I like it a lot! (definitely NOT something I'd let my friends listen to though, LOL). I managed to download both albums 'Sing-Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious' and 'The Butcher's Ballroom'.

Thanks for this, Donny!

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 06/14/14 10:17 AM

Diablo Swing Orchestra - Sing-Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 06/14/14 10:17 AM

Dear Prudence - Siouxsie and the Banshees

*like*
(but of course, haha!)

XX Sex - Fuzzbox

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:38 AM
Queens of Noise - The Runaways

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:33 AM

I think the Ramones are the best. They wrote some pretty great songs and they were funny as well.

Oh, it hurts for me to have to choose which one I love more! frown
LOL.

... but yeah, Ramones are awesome! I remember when I first watched a documentary/DVD concert of them (wish I could say 'live concert'!), I never got bored even for a minute! (I can't say the same for The Clash, although I'm a big fan of them as well)

I have a pair of red chuck taylors which I never wear anymore (keeping it as a highly-valued memorabile) just coz it's signed by Marky Ramone, haha! (he came over for a DJ set some years back and patiently signed it along with my CDs and docu books). He smelled the shoe before signing, ahahahah! (I was wearing it that night, LOL!)

Darn it, I so wish I was there to experience the punk explosion firsthand!

I was there and it was great fun although the ironic thing is my dad wouldn't let me dress up as a punk, how anarchic was that, lol. I loved the music though and still do. The Ramones music makes me smile every time i hear them.
:smile:

Nice.
Lucky you!

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:29 AM
Edited by siouxsiejen on Sat 05/31/14 03:30 AM

My favorites from the 90s:

Getting Away with it - Electronic
Breakfast at Tiffanys - Deep Blue Something
I Touch Myself - Divinyls
Two Princes - Spin Doctors
No Rain - Blind Melon

This can be a tricky topic, The Divinyls had multiple hits here in Oz and Frankie Goes To Hollywood also had a hit with Two Tribes here as well

Oh, LOL!

Yeah, you guys are right, it all depends on where we come from.

In the Philippines there were some 80's US/UK-based bands that made it big to us new wave fans (with cult following, so to speak), but I think they never really got enough airplay back at their homeland- i.e. off the top of my head- Fra Lippo Lippi, The Wild Swans, Seona Dancing, Lotus Eaters, Blue Zoo...

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:18 AM

shocked The audacity Siouxsiejen!:laughing: I go to sleep listening to it also from time to time, but I still love Slayer and Anthrax.

My job can be a bit stessfull at times and a bit of Slayer helps me to calm down funnily enough and Sepultura's latest album.I have mentioned them before but has anyone heard of The Diablo Swing Orchestra. It's not metal as such it's a mixtutre of everything but HMV have their CD's in the metal section. I have two CD'S by them and they are are awesome, completely off the wall but brilliant all the same (my humble opinion of course)
pitchfork

I've never heard of The Diablo Swing Orchestra, but they sound interesting, so will check them out... torrent here I come!

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:16 AM

shocked The audacity Siouxsiejen!:laughing: I go to sleep listening to it also from time to time, but I still love Slayer and Anthrax.

Hey, I love them too! laugh laugh laugh
... funny coz it's true (that they make me fall asleep) :tongue:

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:11 AM
Hahahahah!!! laugh laugh laugh

... still listening to the same LP - Franz Ferdinand (I really like these guys)

Smashing Pumpkins next (Siamese Dream- the best album they ever released, IMO)

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 03:02 AM
Edited by siouxsiejen on Sat 05/31/14 03:03 AM

LOL, Mikey! You could be listening to Britney Spears next, for all I know bigsmile

siouxsiejen's photo
Sat 05/31/14 02:52 AM

Franz Ferdinand - Right Thoughts Right Words Right Action

siouxsiejen's photo
Sun 05/25/14 05:58 AM

I do listen to them once in a while depending on my mood (I'm really more into punk/hardcore)

Believe it or not, I usually get sleepy when I play the likes of Anthrax and Slayer, LOL. That's when my turntable is on repeat play mostly.

siouxsiejen's photo
Sun 05/25/14 05:28 AM
"Can you help meee... occupy my braiiin?
Oh yeah..."

Paranoid - Black Sabbath

waving

siouxsiejen's photo
Sun 05/25/14 05:24 AM

The Slits are on queue! :tongue:

Previous 1 3