Community > Posts By > Sluggo

Sluggo's photo
Thu 05/20/10 04:57 AM
ED Yep, that's why I said "if you watch the Video"
Again, the two Farmers actually talked about how easy it would be to come up with that much Blue Grass Hay & Straw Hay: Since they brought up ways outside the Box it shouldn't have the impact you brought up.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure that 200 Mile x 300 Mile patch of Oil would wipe out more animals than any of us can imagine if it were left unattended (including possible unattended to cattle & horses left to starve, should that happen)

Sluggo's photo
Wed 05/19/10 06:22 PM
ED, if you watch the Video the two Farmers actually talked about how easy it would be to come up with that much Blue Grass Hay & Straw Hay: Since they brought up ways outside the Box it shouldn't have the impact you brought up.

I can't help but think about the idiots at Republican Party that sent the Flyer to my house a few weeks ago that were pushing the expansion of off shore oil drilling. Thank God I'm not stupid enough to Blindly vote party lines...

Sluggo's photo
Wed 05/19/10 06:32 AM
Farm Boys got the spill solution all finger'd out!
~ 7 min video that explains and shows in a
"Ya'll ain't gonna believe this ****" sorta way!

IT CAN"T POSSIBLY BE THIS EASY------- CAN IT?
The politicians and others will probably want to spend
$Millions and more for a panel of engineers to study
the problem, and then most likely won't find the simple
solution these good ole 'southern boys have....

take a look!

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil

Sluggo's photo
Fri 10/02/09 12:24 PM
Hi Christy, I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago (Grapevine/Fort Worth). Yeah, Drugs were around in the 70s & 80s just look at any Disco movie about Studio 54 or the Rocking 80's. Damn, I remember experimenting with Pot when I was in 3rd grade (1973) then by 7th I remember looking around a class and thinking I was the only one that doesn't get stoned.

I think the Difference is that those that were raised getting a Boot in the A$$ when they did something wrong did Not get "Out of control" with Drugs....

Sluggo's photo
Fri 10/02/09 10:56 AM
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a met amphetamine lab had been found in an old farm house in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ”Why didn’t we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?”

I replied: ”But I did have a drug problem when I wuz a kid growing up on the farm.” I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for
weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher. Or if I didn’t put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me. I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four letter word. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom’s garden and flower beds.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline or chop some fire wood. And if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the wood shed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today’s children had this kind of drug problem, America might be a better place today.

Sluggo's photo
Fri 08/07/09 03:42 AM
Lightweight Championship bout: B.J. Penn (c) vs. Kenny Florian
*Florian G&P TKO in 3rd round (I'm reaching here but Penn puts me to sleep, plus he looked horrible last time against GSP)By the way, has anyone else noticed how much Kenny Florian looks like Ben Stiller? Has anyone seen Stiller & Florian together? If not, I know I'm right..lol

Light Heavyweight bout: Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin
*Silva 2nd round knock out (Forrest doesn't have the power to keep Silva away, but he can take a beating so I figure he'll absorb the 1st round punishment.....barely)

Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Johny Hendricks
*Sadollah by a 2nd round submission (He trashed another technical wrestler [CJ] pretty easily ....twice)

Middleweight bout: Kendall Grove vs. Ricardo Almeida
*Almeida 2nd round submission

Lightweight bout: Josh Neer vs. Kurt Pellegrino
*Pellegrino by 3rd Round submission

Sluggo's photo
Thu 08/06/09 03:56 AM
FarmBoy, People voted on what they voted because it's what they saw! Most people have only been watching the UFC since somewhere in the 80's (meaning UFC 80, 81, 82, etc..: Not 1980). I'd venture to say that 75% of the people that voted only saw a handful of the 1st 50 UFC's.

Oh and msmyka, thanks for having some taste: I can't believe people like lonetar that got off on watching Tito run away from Lidell as long as he could.

Sluggo's photo
Tue 08/04/09 03:12 AM
If anyone's interested I got that info off of this site:

http://www.thebaseballpage.com/

Sluggo's photo
Tue 08/04/09 03:11 AM
Fact is OLD Timers pitched longer than today's pitchers: Crap Satchel Page actually pitched when he was 60 years old. Look what happened to Barry Bonds from 25 to 35 years old he was "ONE" of the best players ever. From 35 to 43 he separated himself from the few (Mays, Aaron, Ruth) that were considered in his league the 1st 10 years of his career. I Loved watching Nolan Ryan (I actually saw him lose a 2 hitter 4-2 and a one hitter Shut out into the 9th and the reliever choked it: Damn the Rangers sucked back then): But I'd give odds that he took Steroids.

One good player that I know did NOT use them, and looking at it retrospectively maybe he should of to keep pace with his peers was Will "The Thrill" Clark(Interesting factoids: Awesome, found a link for these stats):

Will Clark played 1st base for Mississippi State while Rafael Palmerio played 3rd base

Will Clark and Rafael Palmeiro are linked forever for two reasons:

1) The Rangers signed Clark rather than re-sign Palmeiro during the free agent off-season of 1993.

2) The Rangers signed Palmeiro and brought him back in the 1999 off-season, while the O's signed Clark. Essentially the two first basemen swapped places.

But the two players had polar opposite careers. Palmeiro was pigeon-holed early in his career as an opposite field singles hitter, Clark was heralded as a future Hall of Famer. In reality, Palmeiro is likely to end up in Cooperstown, while "Will the Thrill" has little chance, especially after burning so many bridges with his abrasive personality.

There are some similarities between the two sluggers: both were born in 1964, both debuted in the majors in 1986, and both were left-handed hitters who were considered to have one of the best swings of their era.

From their debut season through 1993, Clark was the better offensive player:

1986-1993.....G......H.....R....HR...RBI...AVG...SLG...OBP
Clark......1160...1278...687...176...709...299...499...373
Palmeiro...1046...1144...587...132...526...296...472...360

But from 1994 through 2001 (Clark retired after the 2000 season), Palmeiro has shown he is destined to be remembered as the better hitter:

1994-2001.....G......H.....R....HR...RBI...AVG...SLG...OBP
Clark.......816....898...499...108...496...309...493...398
Palmeiro...1212...1341...770...315...944...293...560...381

Does this make anyone think twice about magic levels (3,000 hits, 500 HR's, 300 Wins, etc...) in Baseball getting someone in the Hall of Fame?

Sluggo's photo
Sat 07/18/09 02:21 AM

Last guy I never heard of. Everyone on that list other than 1 and 10 are in or were in the UFC (5 currently in ufc and 3 used to be). Nearly everyone on that page is from the UFC, and 8 out of 10 pound for pound best fighters are in the UFC. Your argument doesn't present me with much proof that the UFC doesn't have the top competition for Fedor.

Exactly!!! So all of the best have left the UFC (at some time) and Fedor has beat them: So how will Fedor's legacy take a Hit? Because he didn't let the UFC exploit him for less than he felt he is worth?

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 11:06 PM
Edited by Sluggo on Thu 07/16/09 11:09 PM
Sorry geek, but when it comes to the Heavyweight Division you should rely on more than the UFC to tell you who the Best. Take a look at MMA News (which is an unbiased MMA news affiliation, sort of like an ESPN for the MMA) and see where the UFC fits in the Heavyweight Division.

http://www.mmanews.com/page.php?page=rankings

Note that this poll was taken prior to the fight: However I'm pretty sure that #3 losing to #6 is going to change the top 5 much. Either way the UFC only has 2 fighters in the Top 5.

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:08 AM
Yeah, I loved them too...
That's when we all learned what works against what and how they over came dominate styles (such as Fry & Severums developing Ground & Pound to combat Gracie Ju Jit Su dominance) or Maurice Smith effective use of Leg Kicks to stop Coleman's wrestling dominance.

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 03:08 AM
Yeah, I loved them too...
That's when we all learned what works against what and how they over came dominate styles (such as Fry & Severums developing Ground & Pound to combat Gracie Ju Jit Su dominance) or Maurice Smith effective use of Leg Kicks to stop Coleman's wrestling dominance.

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 02:52 AM
No, the only Abbot fight was the one he lost against Fry.
I sort of thought the Abbot vs Worshing might have made it since its the only fight I've seen where the Winner "Tried" to throw the loser out of the Ring. Or maybe the fight where Abbot decked the Spectator walking into the Ring...lol

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 02:00 AM
Did anyone watch this count down on SPIKE TV? It was on before the fight. What a bunch of garbage!

Two of the best fights in UFC History didn't even make the count down

Gary Goodrich vs Paul Herrera

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/347902/pride_gary_goodridge_vs_paul_herrera_k_1_mix_fight/

Don Fry vs a 400 lbs Thomas Ramirez (Still UFC's fastest Knock out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_jcSe4nCXk

Funny note about Ramirez boasted to be the Purto Rican bare knucles champion with close to 500 knock outs....ouch

Anyway, there's a bunch of crap wrong with this count down! Does anyone really think that ALL three fights of Lidell vs Ortiz or Couture belonged in the count down....Argghhh!!!

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:17 AM

who cares if brock has an attitude, seriously. he sells tickets and he wrecked the top heavyweights like they were nothing.

this is fighting not a team game where social skills are necessary. im sure gladiators back in the day were expected to be nice friendly guys too.

I care, Martial Arts is about being humble and gracious even to your opponent. Lesnar is just a big circus freak and he needs to be sent back to his cage.

i dont care about brock lesnar really, but he beats people and thats what its all about. hes was in vegas with a crowd full of mir lovers talkin MAD trash on him and he pretty much tore mirs face off and didnt have a scratch on him. hes a circus freak cuz hes the top heavyweight in UFC and talks smack back? k

He's a giant beast of a man that out weighs everyone in his division by 40lbs... so yeah lets put a lightweight up against a light heavy weight and see what happens. It's not rocket science why hes winning, but it is unfair in my opinion.

1st off - When they 1st fought Mir weighed 255 lbs vs Lesnars 265 lbs (at the time of the weigh in): It was Mir's decision to drop the extra 10 lbs in the 2nd fight.

2ndly - When Mir was Given the fight the 1st time (1st by the Ref who saved Mir while being Pummeled [Mir spins to get hit in the back of the head from an oncoming punch; the Ref doesn't Warn Lesnar he just breaks them up: I've NEVER seen a 1st Punch to the back of the head stoppage] 2nd gift Lesnar steps into the submission). After the fight Mir talks smack for the whole year Non-stop dissing Lesnar.

3rd off - The Man was in the WWE, he can teach courses on talking Smack and Now he gets the opportunity to return fire to Mir (What does anyone really expect after a year of Mir flapping his gums?

Lastly, I'm NOT saying that he's instantly at Fedor's level: However, a 230 lbs Fedor will have even MORE problems preventing that Strong, Agile Beast from being taken down to the mat than Mir did.

Sluggo's photo
Thu 07/16/09 12:43 AM
Henderson only did what they've learned from experience!
Fight until the Referee tells you to stop fighting.....
Three MASSIVE shots to Bisping:

1 - Henderson knocks out Bisping.
2 - Bisping falls backwards like a tree and pounds the back of his head on the floor.
3 - Henderson dives to land the final blow

Ouch!!!

Lesnar, what can you say...
Very impressive although the UFC really doesn't have any Heavy Weights: Although Brook is very big and strong. Cannot be taken lightly even by Fedor.

Sluggo's photo
Mon 05/04/09 04:05 PM
Edited by Sluggo on Mon 05/04/09 04:05 PM
I saw it last night and have to admit it's one of his best (but I only think he has made about 4 movies worth seeing).

I like how the 2 friends keep using him because they know he has to say Yes

Sluggo's photo
Sun 05/03/09 03:57 AM
I'll throw an OLD one out (1941) that was great and based on a true story: "Sargent York" with Gary Cooper.

Little Big Man was another good one and I thought Silverado was the best of the newer westerns

Hands down Bonanza was is the best Western TV Series

Sluggo's photo
Sat 05/02/09 07:21 PM
Brave Sir Robin ran away.
Bravely ran away, away!
When danger reared its ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.
Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about
And gallantly he chickened out.
Bravely taking to his feet
He beat a very brave retreat,
Bravest of the brave, Sir Robin!

He is packing it in and packing it up
And sneaking away and buggering up
And chickening out and pissing off home,
Yes, bravely he is throwing in the sponge...
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Monty Python rules!!!
I've had to see the Holy Grail 40+ times....

How can this thread be brought up without talking about the Dark Knight (look at the numbers viewed on it)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno&feature=related

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25