Community > Posts By > MythicalMark

MythicalMark's photo
Sat 07/20/13 11:54 AM
Thats a really complicated question. I guess you should start by choosing a theory on how the universe began. If you go with the big bang theory than the answer is a level of "nothing" that is hard to even comprehend because not even time existed before the big bang. That being said there is the consept of the multiverse which is only a hypotheses, since there is really no way to test it. The concept of the multiverse is there is an infinate number of universes stacked on top of each other. They can't effect each other in any way because each universe operates on its own separate law of physics. Some people think it might explain the unaccounted for gravity in the universe and that would eliminate the need for dark matter but its a pretty vauge hypotheses at this point. Any way the point is that if there is a muliveres, there would have been an infinate amount of "stuff" before the big bang.

MythicalMark's photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:27 PM
Scientists basicaly invented dark matter to account for the discrepancies between the mass of large astronomical objects determined from their gravitational effects. Even if you take ordinary matter and dark matter into account that only accounts for 30% of the total mass/energy in the universe according to the standard model of cosmology. Dark matter was invented to account to the remaining 70% and also help to explain the the expansion of the universe is accelerating. This basicaly leaves large pockets of space without ordinary matter and without dark matter. If you leave out dark energy which currently there is no way of determining if its pressent or not and may not even exist; and you work around the fact that quarks pop in and out of existance some times. There is most likely large portions of the universe that are "nothing".

MythicalMark's photo
Fri 07/19/13 11:06 PM
nomenclature

MythicalMark's photo
Wed 07/17/13 10:38 PM
brazilian jiu jitsu is th most fun I think.

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 06:15 PM
I think if it hurts, your probably doing it wrong.

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 06:08 PM
Watch you head on the way down!

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 05:53 PM
So its ok to cheat on a man as long as he spends a lot of time working or traveling to support his family.

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 05:46 PM
I once dated a girl that was super catholic and we never had any issues when it came to religion. I'm ok with it as long as they don't try to push it on me.

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 02:57 PM
Personaly I think that the best way to raise your self confidence is to constantly challange your self. Climb Mt. Rainier, thats the first thing I would do if I lived in Washington. Talk to people that have done it before, get some advice, gather supplies you need, find a partner and do it. Just remember to break in your boots before you go.

MythicalMark's photo
Tue 07/16/13 01:46 PM
ridewytepony you are a smart dude.

1 2 4 Next