Community > Posts By > odd_rod

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 05:23 PM
Thank you Betty. As odd as it seems I am usually the one that finds my way to support someone else. I know there are plenty of good people out there, but I have not found the right shoulder for me yet. I will accept long distance shoulders though :-).

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:44 PM
When I figure out who lives close by I will deliver in person. But there a few people that have been nice already. Thank you very much.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:38 PM
Well it is good to have everyone so happy. It makes it harder for me to be grumpy. Now if I can find the thread where everyone is smiling with satisfaction maybe that will rub off too biggrin.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 08:55 AM
I guess I have been out of love for a long while. I am still where I am out of a sense of 'duty'. Kind of a "if not I, then who" thing. But the situation has not allowed me to move on or get involved again. It is a kind of limbo state that seems to have no end. It feels like I can't commit to someone new, but that is also what I really need in my life.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 07:13 AM
Happy Birthday! Thank you for making me feel welcome.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 07:11 AM
Another day of trying to look like I am working while drinking a coffee and wandering around the forums in a daze.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 07:03 AM
I found the love ... My dog licked my face this morning. It was not what I was hoping for, but I will count it as a good start.

odd_rod's photo
Tue 07/09/13 07:00 AM
Good Morning to all. I hope the day is pleasant for you and the night is even better.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 08:47 PM
For me ... Sex without any intimacy just does not last. With intimacy I feel it for days afterwards. Without it is not much different than handling things myself. waving

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:57 PM
Thank you Vivian, I will do my best to make positive contributions and be nice to all :angel:.

Betty You had better be quick with the broom. I move quickly rofl.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 05:52 PM
Betty, yes we are of a mind, as long as your not reading mine blushing. I still have many things to work through, but I am finding that I need a relationship. But my hands are tied and finding someone willing is going to be a large task.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 04:23 PM
I got junk random email ... But not enough love to tide me over ohwell

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 04:15 PM
So there is happy gas in the air. tongue2 I should stay happy then.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 04:11 PM
I have the same problem my mind is working on the solutions to world problems and my fingers are off getting into trouble on their own ... It can be difficult at times.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 01:13 PM
Thank you Betty. Happy to be here ... well I am happy to be somewhere anyway.

Rod

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 10:51 AM
I say leave yourself open for any possibility. The right person could be just around the corner. If your attracted to someone then don't wait for them. Let them know.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 10:48 AM
Thank you Ruth. I think mine is different too. I feel like I have been grieving for a long time. I am ready to feel wanted and needed again.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 08:01 AM
When I was in the Navy out to see for many weeks, sometimes we would run out of coffee ... In that case just put hot water in your cup and stir. Instant coffee was never as good as fresh though. Some people wonder why old sailors never washed their coffee cups.

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 07:17 AM
I have been in a relationship for more than 30 years, but after her stroke she has been incapacitated and does not even know me anymore. So for me, five years is a long time to see the woman that you love and not having any recognition.

Sweetest, make sure to send good signs. Smoke signals will work for some guys, but for others more drastic measures are in order :-).

odd_rod's photo
Mon 07/08/13 06:42 AM
Ruth, I have been in one relationship so long ... I would like to know as well. There is so much that is confusing right now. But 6-12 months seems a long time to me.