Community > Posts By > Scarlett_156

no photo
Sun 09/21/08 08:30 AM
Great pictures, there's an outgoing and interesting personality being shown. You might try to write a bit more about yourself--for example, if people tell you that you are funny, what is it about you, or what quality do you have, that people seem to enjoy? You say that you are "not average"--again, fluff that out a bit with a few details. It's not like you're gonna have trouble meeting people with those pictures, but if I was going to suggest anything, that's what I would suggest. Nice to meet ya! yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sun 09/21/08 08:24 AM

I do acknowledge that it exists, but that doesn't mean it's any more wrong as murder or rape is wrong. Certain things are opinions, such as a favorite food, favorite team, etc, and then other things are more defined as right or wrong. This falls into the latter category. It's degrading to see a woman as more a fighter then a person, objectifying them in that sense.

WTF...?

You have this dumb fantasy that a lot of guys have. Then you go on the internet and ask a bunch of strangers if it's "right or wrong" because "what if one of them was my girlfriend?"

Then you start spouting about how you "know" it's wrong to think of women that way and THEN you start saying that it's no more wrong than murder or rape is wrong to imagine women as fighters?

I realize you are kinda poor at expressing yourself, but this is straying into the "borderline Ted Bundy" zone.

If you think that having hot fantasies about women fighting is no more wrong than killing or raping someone, you're sick in the head, dude.

End of story. Get help. Good luck! (er... not with the rape/murder thing, of course!) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 08:57 PM
You don't have much in the way of unique stuff in your profile information. There is bound to be something that sort of sets you apart from the herd, even if it's something you consider fairly unexciting--like sewing, cooking, being able to chug an entire pitcher of ale while standing on one foot and singing "You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me Lucille", good with animals, etc. Like the stuff you talk about in your profile is stuff that you would like to do with a date, but it's not stuff that will ATTRACT a date if you see what I'm saying.

Of course you're a busy person and probably don't have a lot of spare time to dink around with hobbies or artsy craftsy stuff--I know how that is. But if you want for guys to message you, you should try to find at least one thing about yourself that's unique or unusual and talk about that.

Are you active in a club or church? Do you volunteer? Do people compliment your cooking? Do you like to read mystery novels? These are all little things that if mentioned in a profile will get someone's attention--and with any luck it will be someone you share some interests in and can get along with, and ultimately get something to happen with.

I'm part Cherokee too, by the way--on both sides of the family. :D It's nice to meet you.

Good luck. xoxoxo

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 08:50 PM
That's a really easy question for me to answer: Because I wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 08:45 PM
Edited by Scarlett_156 on Sat 09/20/08 08:46 PM
If what you are relating here is correct in the details, then in my opinion it wouldn't be worth your time, trouble, and heartache to try to get his bum to help take care of her own kid. You can't force a parent to love its child--and there's a lot of evidence here that she doesn't. If you try to make her call the kid or take some role in the kid's life, it probably won't work and the kid will end up being miserable.

If she's enough of a bum to lie about her income so that she can be on Medicaid, then she's enough of a bum to find some way out of having to pay child support.

This is just my opinion, of course, and of course you're going to end up doing what you think is right regardless of what anyone tells you. But always consider whether the spoils are worth the battle; here you're likely looking at legal costs, scenes in court, accusations flying everywhere, all that happy horsesh!t that starts whenever someone asks a bum for money. And yeah: What if she tries to kill herself again? What if she calls the kid and starts telling the kid lies about you and messing the kid's head up?

She SHOULD love her child and she SHOULD take some responsibility but you know she's not going to.

I do think the background check might be an excellent idea, though. That might give you more information so that you can decide whether to fight or not.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you! yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 05:42 PM
There's no way to give a really good answer to a question like this. How long were you together? Why did you break up? (etc)

I mean if you broke up over a mild dissatisfaction or disagreement, and now he's having second thoughts--that's one thing.

If you broke up because he was stealing from you and beating you, that's entirely another thing.

In any case, I hope things work out to the satisfaction of all. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 04:41 PM
When I'm committing an armed robbery and suddenly my so-called "partner" starts whining about being afraid to go back to prison again. PFFFFT. Loser!

I just hate it when that happens.

yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 03:26 PM
When I read this I was like, "Buh... 'LDR'...? What's that?" I ran through all the possibilities. "Is it an abbreviation for 'leader', like in the military? But don't military people call it their 'CO'...? LDR, LDR, I MUST know what that means..."

Finally after reading all the posts, I figured out that it means "long distance relationship". (DOH!!!)

I dunno--doesn't anybody like to go on road trips anymore? I mean, I'll ride my motorcycle 1,000 miles or more just to get some fresh air. If there's a person there as well, all the much more reason to go.

The internet has made it a lot easier for people to meet each other. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

The opportunity is there, it's just what you decide to do with it.

Good luck! yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 12:28 PM
He's probably not so lucky. If he's burned badly enough to be in "critical" condition, even if he lives, his life is going to be a lot different.

The guy is awesome and it was awful to hear what happened. I do hope he makes it through, but he's not lucky by a long shot. I would consider him lucky if he had decided to take another flight. :(

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 08:29 AM
I'm not seeing a question here, but if the "question" is whether I understand football or not--yes, of course I do. yours in Chaos, Scarlett.

no photo
Sat 09/20/08 08:26 AM
<quote>Recap: Lately I feel misunderstood by people.

I have had mood swings over this and it freaks people out.

I go from being a nice guy to being an Ass when I feel that people are being rude, stupid or taking advantage of my kindness.And then I end up looking like the bad guy.

Nice guy syndrome - people mistaking my kindness for weakness.

Any one know what I'm talking about? </quote>

Yeah, I know what you're talking about.

You THINK you are a "nice guy" but you really aren't. If you were really kind, understanding, and blah blah, you wouldn't get put out when someone mistakes your "kindness" for weakness.

Actually, it IS weakness. You are too weak to maintain your facade of being "nice".

Generally speaking, people who identify themselves as "nice" never are, and in particular those ones who go around expressing self-pity because they (supposedly) get treated like crap for being so "nice". This is just how they get attention and attract more victims. (Women do this, too, by the way.)

I've known lots of men who were genuinely kind, understanding, and considerate of others. One and all, this type of man never makes a big deal about being the way he is.

I hope this helps answer your questions. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Thu 09/18/08 05:44 PM
The problem is not your drinking. The problem is that you are going on the internet asking a bunch of total strangers whether you have a problem in this sort of antagonistic way ("what's wrong with THAT?"), ya know, like you want to fight about it or something. (Why should I give a flying fig whether you drink or not? Go at it! Drink hearty! That's the spirit! Drink more! Hell yeah! Good boy!)

It could be anything: Collecting Matchbox cars, roller skating, crocheting, visiting widows and orphans, to wit: "Every day I come home from my job--which I hate--and unwind by (blank). A girl ditched me because my devotion to (blank) exceeded my desire to be in a relationship. So, what the hell is wrong with (blank)? Why should I care?"

You're telling us that you have a problem, and then saying--in this sort of immature and narcissistic way--"But if you think I have a problem, YOU'RE WRONG!"

If you were really just a big, loveable, happy, nonviolent drunk, you would find someone to be with who shared your values and not go posting about it on the internet. If you really thought you had a problem and wanted help, you would, you know--GO GET HELP. (lol)

Your problem is not drinking. Your problem is unrealistic expectations. You want to be with someone who is not a boozehound like you, for whatever reason. You're having a hard time finding someone who's not a boozehound who will love you the way you are, for whatever reason. *snort, giggle* Er... sorry. Anyway:

There are plenty of women (and men) out there in the world who will love you just the way you are. You're just not looking in the right places for them.

I hope this was helpful. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next