Community > Posts By > Scarlett_156

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 11:54 AM
The bible makes disctinctions between killing in war, execution of a criminal, murder, sacrifice, and suicide. If you read the bible thoroughly, you will see that this is so. (Many of Nob's favorites were anything BUT peaceful or non-violent; David, who was Jesus's ancestor, for example.)

Determination of which criminal deserved punishment, and what type of punishment should be meted out, was a priestly function under Mosaic law. At some point down the road, the functions of a priest and a judge became separate, but that's neither here nor there. God's intermediaries (the priests) interpreted the law for the common people, a preponderance of whom did not know how to read or write.

In other words, the office of executioner was taken out of the hands of the unruly mob, and given to those who were officers of the law. This was pretty cutting edge back in the day, when feuds and mob rule were common, and authority (the Sumerian and Egyptian dynasties) viewed mob law as a handy means of population control.

But like the person who posted above me says: The bible is fairly cut and dried about these things. If you read the bible it will give you a better idea of what Christians believe than I can. Good luck! yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 11:41 AM
I think that you should be more judicious about who you call a "friend". I hope this was helpful. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 11:40 AM

When you say "I'm not fat, I'm big boned"--that makes it seem like you really ARE fat. It's a defensive kind of statement if you see what I'm sayin. And judging from your pictures you are NOT fat, so in my opinion there's no reason to mention it.

You seem like a very pleasant and sincere person--smart AND with a good, not-too-serious personality. It's nice to meet you. :) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

nice meeting you scarlett haha i like how you got kick out of the other site...lol such a rebel =)

hah! I'm not so much a rebel as I am an a$$hole. :smile:

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 11:37 AM
You could at least have proofread this chain letter before you posted it. Tsk!

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 10:40 AM
When you say "I'm not fat, I'm big boned"--that makes it seem like you really ARE fat. It's a defensive kind of statement if you see what I'm sayin. And judging from your pictures you are NOT fat, so in my opinion there's no reason to mention it.

You seem like a very pleasant and sincere person--smart AND with a good, not-too-serious personality. It's nice to meet you. :) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 10:36 AM
Aren't you a cutie...? Dang! I mean... *fans self* DAMN.

Moving right along: That's a great tattoo.

And... I really can't think of anything I would add or subtract. It seems that you have fairly high standards and expectations, so don't be surprised if it takes awhile to find someone you really click with. (I hate using the word "click" but I can't think of anything else that's not too risque or suggestive at this point... you're just too damn cute, all right?)

Anyway, I hope this helps. (Now that I read over it, it's probably not that helpful. But you DID ask.) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:35 AM
You're a... furry...? (This is like a joke, right?)

As far as your profile information--it's odd to see so many people diss you for saying that you have "given up on love". I guess you're not being euphemistic enough. I mean, I don't believe that anyone who says he's "given up on love" has actually given up--it's like an attention-grabbing device--BUT on the other hand the reason so many people say it (in one way or another) is because it DOES get them attention.

I guess don't be so explicit, and you'll get the kind of attention you are looking for...?

And, er... good luck with the "furry" thing. They are indeed a cuddly bunch but I read a lot of profiles on this site and you're the first one I've seen who just comes out and admits it. (Another reason I think honesty is highly overrated...) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:28 AM
Good pictures with variety. You do have a typo: "I'm sure there are some great older me out there..."

Should of course be "older MEN" (I THINK that's what you mean, anyway!).

But that's just just one little flaw in an otherwise interesting read.

It's nice to meet you! :) yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:11 AM
Greetings! :)

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 09:08 AM
You didn't suggest a new topic, so I'll use the last line of your poem: Dreaming of your love.

This house I've never seen
but it is mine in this dream.

Arranging strange coffee cups
It seems that I am waiting for you to get up.

Your barefoot step is on the stair
and you appear pulling knots out of your hair

And grin that miraculous grin of yours, and say,
"Didn't we get a paper today?"

Handing over a folded newspaper
and can't speak, and can barely even hear.

Trembling I hand you coffee in a strange coffee cup
But before I can say "good morning, my dear" to you this one last time
I wake up.

next topic - Ordinary luck

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 08:07 AM
If I say, "You know I'm way too old for you, right?" and he seems surprised to hear it--then he's too young. I hope this was helpful. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 07:56 AM
Virgins. :)

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 07:49 AM
Why is the title of this post "why do Americans applaud greed?"...? Where did that come from? You're not talking about Americans per se in your post, but just "young versus old".

Humans in general are greedy. Societies that are based on equal distribution only last as long as the charasmatic figures that establish them. Once those guys die, everyone goes back to being greedy. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 07:46 AM
Mr. I have something to say:

"These people" may not dress in suits, may make less than 30 buck an hour, and yes, they may not be able to even afford what you sell in your business, however- we,(yes, I am included in "these people") are just as good as you. We may not be rich, but we are happy.

I wouldn't have wasted a good opportunity to say that to his face, but I can sort of see why you didn't. Hm... now that I think about it, I would have sidled up to one of my roadhouse friends and repeated some of this person's remarks to him, and then waited for the fun to start. "Never waste a good opportunity to see some jerk get his comeuppance!" has been a favorite motto of mine for a long time.

But again: I understand why you waited until now to express this. You were probably feeling a bit embarrassed that you had not seen this side of him prior to actually going out in public with him, and were just trying to make the best of a bad situation.

I do make 30 bucks an hour, and I would rather hang out in the type of place you are describing--er... well, as long as the food's good, of course. Spending my hard-earned money on "ambiance" is something I only do if it's my boyfriend's birthday, and there are lots of strippers, Cuban cigars, ale, and bourbon involved.

Anyway, I'm thinking that it's odd that you didn't realize that this man was that kind of person BEFORE you exposed him to your favorite social setting and friends. Now he's gonna know where you like to hang out, right?

The fact that he was trying to separate you from the herd is a bad sign as well--he was expressing disdain for your friends so he manipulate you into a situation where there won't be anyone to help you, meaning of course that he thinks you are naive. If it was me I would tell people at this place to keep an eye out for this gentleman, and keep a distance from him in the future.

Well: Better luck next time! yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Mon 10/06/08 07:28 AM
Hello and welcome! :)

no photo
Sun 10/05/08 05:18 PM
One of the thing that happens is that there's this expectation in most people's minds that if someone isn't "perfect" then that must mean they're not right for you. People (even really young people) go around with these grocery type lists. "Hm... he's good looking, smart, has a great job, a great sense of humor, and I really care for him, and he really cares for me, but he has a roving eye. I could never trust him," or, "She's the best thing that ever happened to me, we're so compatible, she's so kind and forgiving, and I love her laugh... but her a$$ is too big. Better keep looking."

It's sort of a paradox, in other words. Also, a lot of the time people will allow their peer group to choose a mate for them. So you end up with the person your friends and family wanted you to be with, when you really would have been better off with the person they were all dissing. Social peers can be very devious and manipulative that way--you can be sort of corralled into a situation without even knowing what's going on. (I don't mean literally "you", OP--I mean "you" in the general sense.)

I used to work in mental health and it was really remarkable how these people--who make their living out of telling others how to live and be happy--will listen to a person express doubts about a partner, and then sort of grin at the end of the story and say, "Well, you just said it yourself: He's not right for you!" And then if the person starts to protest, the counselor will cut it off: "That's what you're telling me! You KNOW this person isn't right for you, deep down. You need to cut your losses and move on." You say you love that person: "No, you don't! It's just a sick infatuation!" (or "co-dependence", or "immaturity" or "selfishness" or whatever suits their purpose the best. You say that you feel you should try to work things out: "Oh, don't be so old-fashioned! Do you REALLY want to spend the rest of your life with this person?" and so on.

Naturally, the counselor would rather that the client NOT work out his/her relationship problems and stay with the one he loves, because then he would be HAPPY and SATISFIED and have a feeling of ACCOMPLISHMENT after having got through a difficult patch. That's not going to help the counselor at all! He needs for you to keep coming in the door every couple of weeks so he can keep food on the table and make his car payments.

Anyway, those are just some thoughts I have on the matter. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

PS: Not everyone is so shallow, or has given up on love entirely. :wink: Some of us just feel it's sort of in poor taste to talk about our great love affairs when there are so many lonely people who, as you say, have never even experienced that transforming love that you're talking about here.

no photo
Sun 10/05/08 04:29 PM
^^^ I agree with that, but this isn't a simple issue of trust or friendship. He's saying that the friend is coming over late at night, or that his partner is going over to the friend's house.

That's an imposition on me and my trust, and the sanctity of my relationship. He can have whatever friends he wants and hang out with them when he wants and it's not going to bother me, EXCEPT if he wants to go over to a girl's house late at night or if one of his girl friends is coming over to my house.

A guy I used to live with had a female friend he'd known since high school. She was very flaky and promiscuous. I didn't like her, and I know she didn't like me. Nevertheless, I was ok with him spending time with her. She was his friend.

This chick was always getting into trouble, including cop trouble. If the phone would ring at 2:00 a.m., you could bet that every time it was going to be her and that she would be crying about something and asking for help.

I got REALLY sick of that noise and put my foot down about it. Then I got this big speech about how I was "too controlling" and "why don't you trust me?" and blah blah. I was like, "B1tch, this isn't about trust. It's about your friend not having enough decency or consideration for you and your living situation not to keep dragging you into her problems." (She was married, too. Her husband was a putz, but I felt sorry for him nonetheless.)

Ultimately, some years down the road, my boyfriend started to realize that she really wasn't much of a friend. She always expected for him to help her out with her train wreck of a life, but when he needed her help, it was Blank Stare City. xoxox

no photo
Sun 10/05/08 04:16 PM
Working. I'll probably make some tortillas a little later. I just finished talking to Herr H. on the phone for about an hour and a half. It was supposed to rain but at this point it doesn't look like it's going to, which is a bit disappointing. And I'll probably play my guitar for awhile and do some meditating before I go to bed.

I've been reading Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, what an amazing book that is.

That's about it. yours in Chaos, Scarlett

no photo
Sun 10/05/08 04:12 PM
Hello!

"Keep your pimp arm strong." (Helmut)

no photo
Sun 10/05/08 01:18 PM
Hello! :D

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 22 23