Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Fri 06/03/22 11:52 PM
I'm so defeated. Making friends on here was such a bad idea. I don't know why I was so naive...it's a freaking dating site.

Maybe it's possible in a different setting... But I have to get over the fear of being touched by a man first.

Thank you to everyone that responded.

no photo
Fri 06/03/22 11:29 PM
Edited by Unknow on Fri 06/03/22 11:30 PM

no photo
Fri 06/03/22 11:27 PM
My dog's name is Bear
My cats are brother and sister - Tiger and Lily

no photo
Fri 06/03/22 11:03 PM
Nope, not my thing, not my team. 🫣

no photo
Thu 06/02/22 09:04 AM
1. Infidelity
2. Lack of respect
3. Lack of intimacy

no photo
Thu 06/02/22 08:53 AM
22 :wave:

no photo
Thu 06/02/22 08:48 AM
Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday fellow Gemini. :bouquet:

I turn 47 in 9 days. I definitely don't feel it...look it maybe. I think we're all aging like fine wine. Definitely better then generations before us. 🥂

no photo
Thu 06/02/22 08:40 AM
Welcome. All are invited. Beware....sometimes shenanigans happen.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you. I need a safe place too. :wave:

Shenanigans sounds like fun. :grin:

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 06:18 PM
I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you better soon. :hearts::bouquet::hearts:

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 06:12 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 06/01/22 06:13 PM
Happy Birthday :birthday::gift::hearts::balloon::bouquet:

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 06:06 PM
I'm thinking I'm going to regret the takeout food I just ordered ...

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 03:23 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 06/01/22 03:32 PM
That's very unfortunate. Maybe in a group setting it would work with friends. I'm starting to think it isn't possible either.

I'm going to leave it be. Redo the house, work on my business, do the bereavement group therapy, take more walks, learn new skills around the house and just try to keep busy. Maybe I'll try again when I'm less vulnerable and in a better place.

I think I'm coming off as desperate and that's not me.

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 06:46 AM
Hot - if the moment is right, just not full out making out.

Go axe - throwing?

no photo
Wed 06/01/22 05:51 AM
Thank you. I was in a controlling relationship and wasn't allowed guy friends, I'm a tomboy myself, have 3 boys and one tomboy, but am open to any friendship. I truely don't know what I want or what I'm doing, I flip flop.
I put myself in therapy to fix me, because I want to have a relationship someday. Grief started long before my husband's death, long before the terminal diagnosis and it was a long hard bumpy emotional ride..so it goes by terminal diagnosis for when the grief started. I don't know what a normal relationship looks like to enter one, I know how to be the caregiver, the psw, the chef, the companion. I had no time for anything else.

I thought I wanted some form of a relationship when I first came on here. I'm attracting the wrong kind of people. My first experience here was with a narcissist. I got love bombed and as my daughter says he convinced me I wasn't being gaslighted on the subject of gaslighting. She had to much fun with that. The next two we're married and all very similar to my husband. All the married people here make me think why bother. I have trust issues... what's to say if I date someone on a dating site that they don't go behind my back and come back on here?

I believe I need to work on myself first.

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 01:55 PM
Hot

Go carting?

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 10:35 AM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 05/31/22 10:38 AM
I'm not telling anyone here to PO I'm explaining myself. I struggle with everything lately, so please don't take offense by anything I say. it's not meant that way at all.

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 10:30 AM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 05/31/22 10:41 AM
I'm a tad confused as you tell us to PO and continue to express you know it all yourself, and then you ask our advice?

In any case, I don't really get why it has to be male company? If you've lost your partner only months ago you aren't ready for a new relationship, not a budding one even. Not if your relationship was good.
So why not enjoy female company for now until you are ready?

And as for the question... it has been a topic on here a few times before.
Many say yes, it is possible.
I say, no, as there's almost always 1 party that has feelings other than just friendship. With two healthy heterosexual people of the other gender there will be at least one that has or will develop different feelings. Can be only sexual but also falling in love.

Maybe the only way it could work if the male was a widower. But even then, only 5 months after becoming a widow... very short!
Even after a breakup someone won't be ready within that short amount of time. Usually takes at least 1 yr to find your feet being alone again, and more time to be ready for a relationship, another year or more.
The impact of losing a partner and becoming widowed is usually much deeper and will as such highly likely take longer too.

My two cents. Do with it what you like.

When I say I PO everyone, I meant every guy that I've been talking too.

I don't disagree with you at all, I confuse myself everyday. I flip flop and lack life experiences. I have this fear that never goes away and this pain that never settles, my heart actually hurts. I've been in one relationship since I was 14 and he died in January. I'm devastated, I'm lost and was just trying to fill a void that can't be filled. I am open to any friendship at all... I'm just lonely and driving my actually friends nuts.

Maybe I come off as a know it all, but ... The male companionship I think I'm craving is because of my husband was my best friend. it's just my thoughts process. I don't have one single guy friend that isn't attached to my husband.

Thanks

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 08:15 AM
Here maximum are that types of people so don't get into their dusty thoughts.. As cartoons are everywhere..:speak_no_evil:

CTP: Yes, a boy an a girl can be a good friends.. :couple:

Thank you. I've been trying to be more selective. I'll get it right one day.

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 08:12 AM
Of course, boys and girls can be friends.

Of course, asexual relationships work.

But people who say, you need a vibrator are not friends, as they don't have any manners.

It's how women talk, I laughed at it.

I've known those ladies for 30+ years. They're like family to me and girls can be worst then men the way they talk.. I've heard it all.. normally wine involved. They know my views that I crave friendship with guys, but I attract the worst kind of men.. ones that tell me we'll first off as friends, nope we'll be just friends is what I say.

no photo
Tue 05/31/22 07:31 AM
work, dishes and there's this unpleasant smell I can't place. I showered so it's not me...lol thinking it's the dog or the litter box... so I'll do both and clean up trying to chase that smell. fun, fun!