Community > Posts By > Razujika

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:13 PM
Tiny Tim

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:09 PM

I don't know you and I am sure you aren't one of these individuals but my theory is to lead others to Christ through example and actions rather than Gospel and preaching. Sometimes the time is right and sometimes it isn't right.

Personally I think you will bring more to Christ be living a life devoted to him and only talking to those who truly want to listen. When you preach to a person not willing to hear you you are only pushing them further away from him or your spiritual Beleifs.

Hear, hear! :thumbsup: Also living in the Bible Belt, and having originally moved here from the NE, I can vouch for the fact that it is deeply insulting to have someone you don't know telling you that you need to "give your life to Christ". My beliefs are personal; the OP doesn't know whether or not I am a "good Christian".

If the other person is a long time respected friend, who has led an admirable life, and we get on the topic of how religion has shaped that life, well...that's a different matter.

Christ wanted people to lead through example and spread his teachings that way. He didn't want perfect strangers trying to force feed it to unwilling recipients. "Unwilling" being the word of the importance.

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/25/09 08:00 PM

I believe you should start at the beginning, finish at the end...and find the parts men took out

otherwise you'll only get part of the story and some of it will be backwards

Ha! Nice. Very true.

Razujika's photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:35 PM
embezzling

Razujika's photo
Wed 01/14/09 03:11 PM

Though we would love to our friendship is really important to us and we made a promise never to allow a man to come between us. It would be too tempting!

Yep. Way too tempting. Sorry, bud.

And, um, that "come between us" really wasn't any sort of double entendre. Get your brain out of the gutter; there isn't enough room for the both of us here in the sewers of the human mind.

slaphead

Razujika's photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:46 PM

Thats the way I'm taking it...wait...what do you mean you don't always like what I saynoway noway noway

Just that we occasionally have differences of opinion, though you wouldn't know that because I don't always comment on them, but...wait....I'm seeing the light! surprised You're right! I DO always like what you say! Wow. winking

Razujika's photo
Wed 01/14/09 02:38 PM

My good friend on this site already told me to pay attention to Etrain's comment because they would be the most helpful. I would really like to hear helpful advice and criticism. I am very open person so feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks!

Um. What I think I actually said was, (when I was asked why I friended him) "I don't always like what he says, but I usually get a kick out of the way he says it." She kind of took that and ran with it. Guess that's a compliment to Etrain though!

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 01:24 AM
Edited by Razujika on Mon 01/12/09 01:30 AM
This is pretty silly :tongue:

I gave myself 60 seconds to write this tonight in response to the sixtieth time or so that I've been asked this question. Really, I swear I'm not a crazy dog lady, despite my profile!

...and despite the fact that my first poem seems to be about my dogs...grumble frustrated

“Why so many?”
People ask,
their tones
and faces bewildered
(a little scornful),
Without comprehension.

“Body heat,”
I joke:

And they laugh,
And I laugh,

When the reality
is both greater
and simple:
Things happen for a reason
And they found me.

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 12:52 AM

oh yea... where are you?

Visiting my parents!

I'm a night owl anyway. Lauren is used to it, I think. I just close my door!

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 12:46 AM

I went through like 5 different expressions when I was drawing it...

First, you squinted at it sick , then you frowned at it :angry: , then you experienced a smile of enlightenment :thumbsup: , then you frowned again just a little bit grumble , and, finally, you made the "Ah HA!" face drool . Then you drew your hand face.

:laughing:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Here I thought maybe you had added to your profile...

u lost me... what r u doing up in the middle of the night anyway!? no wonder your roommate is pissed off at you... lol laugh

I was illustrating your five different expressions! I read this literally at first. You know, as five different expressions on your FACE as you drew on your HAND. I got it a second later, but it struck me as funny. Must be the hour... I'm actually not at the apartment at the moment, so my roomie can't be too annoyed :tongue:

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 12:34 AM

I went through like 5 different expressions when I was drawing it...

First, you squinted at it sick , then you frowned at it :angry: , then you experienced a smile of enlightenment :thumbsup: , then you frowned again just a little bit grumble , and, finally, you made the "Ah HA!" face drool . Then you drew your hand face.

:laughing:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Here I thought maybe you had added to your profile...

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 12:09 AM

The whole nice guy thing is annoying personally. Every thread, except this one, annoys me. Gentleman... Being a nice guy is great but show some confidence and input!

Thanks, MissPharry. I'm glad for the "except this one"! My point was really about how much these threads annoy me.

Razujika's photo
Mon 01/12/09 12:05 AM
I actually started this in reaction to the "Nice Guy" threads. I find the whining annoying. These guys seem to think that because they are 'nice', there was no valid issue in the relationship worth breaking up over.

I'm honestly curious as to what they think is so 'nice' about them. Their definition of 'nice', as pertaining to a relationship, seems very different from mine.

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:59 PM
I don't think so. They might be too high to find someone less than the man (or woman) of your dreams, but I'm not sure I could be happy with less. Personally, I think that there is more than one truly compatible person out there for everyone. There is no such thing as One True Love because there are several. Obviously, the lower your standards are the more options you will have...:tongue:

I have a dear friend that insists I am going to end up an old maid because I won't settle for less than what she calls my "P.U.D.M". That would be Perfect Unobtainable Dream Man. I'm thinking of posting my description of my P.U.D.M on my profile. I'll never receive another email! laugh

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:42 PM

Nice guys hmm?
Lets be honest here, there is a fine line between being nice and being a push over. Self proclaimed "Nice guys" tend to let anyone and everyone walk all over them. Who the hell would want to be with someone that rolls on command? You accept people crapping on you and never stand up and fight back.

As far as a nice guy lacking confidence, not always true. What i do find however is noone wants to be with a weak person. Mentally weak people tend to give nothing back in a relationship and drain all the energy out of the other person. I consider myself a nice guy yet would still knock the crap out of someone that crosses the line.

So for all those nice guys out there.. be nice, not weak. There is a difference.

Good answer! flowerforyou

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:37 PM
In all honesty, I am one of the girls that the "Nice Guys Finish Last" thread posters complain about. I dated a very sweet, kind, thoughtful, Nice Guy for a very long time, and eventually dumped him because he was too "nice".

'Nice' is often a catch-all word for very real problems and issues. My Nice Guy would never argue with me, would never disagree with me, and would cave to all of my decisions without offering a real opinion. That, in turn, made me irritable, as he obviously didn't feel secure enough in our relationship or himself. I honestly, truly believe that I gave him no reason to feel this way.

I faced a lot of criticism when I broke up with Mr. Nice Guy, including self-criticism until I was able to really analyze the reasons behind leaving him. I don't regret leaving him, though I regret not being able to communicate well to him what the problem really was (it took me a little distance to clarify it).

I'm curious to know what people think a "Nice Guy" is. In my experience, it often means something comparable to a doormat. Don't get me wrong, I want someone who treats me with respect, but I want someone who will question me if he disagrees with me. It's boring to never be challenged.

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 11:04 PM

The point of that whole issue is that I'm getting tired of being referred to as "intimidating" simply because I can write in complete sentences. I've heard this literally dozens of times in the past few months, and I simply don't understand it.

Actually, Lex, I don't think it is really your undeniable writing talent that comes off as intimidating. I think it's the sharp, sarcastic tone (:heart: ) of your profile. You mention repeatedly the fact that you have been on this site for so long, yet you haven't found anyone intellectually suitable (romantically), and it made me, for one, wonder, "Will this guy even be interested in saying 'hi' to me?"

Then, because I also belong in this thread, I thought, "What the hell? Of course he will say 'hi'!" I am pleased to have been validated, as I love talking to narcissistic, conceited, arrogant jerks! biggrin Though I must say, that is not exactly how I would have classified you...but that really isn't the point of this thread.

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 09:27 PM

Razujika,

I admit that Lincoln Child and Douglas Preston have a great way of writing thriller books! I try to collect all of their books for they truly make a book worth reading.

They are my guilty fun! I'm a Pendergast fan, but I really love the whole group of characters they have created. I haven't caught up with that series, as my library is currently packed up in (HEAVY) boxes! I'm still in the process of moving... grumble

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 08:54 PM

Senses dulled
Water beading
Off a numb body
No loofa
Can remove
The rough
Residue of
Indifference.

This is very good! The entire poem is great, but these are my favorite lines. It's evocative; I've been there. Thank you for sharing!

Razujika's photo
Sun 01/11/09 08:39 PM

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Here is another quote from the same author!

"Now here is my secret, very simply: you can only see things clearly with your heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

Previous 1