Community > Posts By > petemcl

petemcl's photo
Sun 07/27/14 02:54 PM
i have my ups and downs, i'm manic depressive which i think they call bipolar nowadays. and thankyou for the flowers care bear, i shall put them in a digital vase:thumbsup:

petemcl's photo
Sun 07/27/14 02:51 PM
very pretty

petemcl's photo
Sat 07/26/14 04:35 PM
happy

petemcl's photo
Sat 07/26/14 04:32 PM

i know someone exactly like that, lol

petemcl's photo
Sat 07/26/14 04:26 PM

Oh Pete! Never, ever give up hope sweetie! There are people everywhere who can love you and care for you. You are a very kind and sweet person and you should never consider yourself of little importance to other people. Depression is a difficult thing to overcome, I know, but it can be done despite how long it takes to get through it. I could tell you some horror stories about depression but the most important thing is to tell yourself is that nothing is impossible to those who want to achieve the seemingly impossible. I believe you have what it takes deep within you to achieve that. In the meantime, know there are caring and loving people here who can and will help through the rough times. Hugs and love to you! flowerforyou :smile:

everyone here is so cool, thanks for the support and to anyone else reading this that feels the same, there clearly are people who understand and want to help. i wish happiness to all

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 02:22 PM
they say if you love her let her go,
but not when your dangling her off a bridge

never raise your hand to your wife,
it leaves your midsection unguarded

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 02:01 PM

I have to say 2 things that help me 1 is reading the "life recovery bible" and the other is a while ago I joined a gym... Everyone wondered if it would take and now to me its an addiction it makes me feel so much better about myself... You see I have been injured a couple times racing and at one point my shoulders were so bad I couldn't even play catch with my grandson I was determined to get my health back.... It worked and now going to the gym is a must for me...im no young spring chicken but I'm doing much better now....stay strong my young friend..

thank you for your kindness and for giving me hope

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 01:52 PM

the tedium of life is drawing me closer to ultimatum. been like this for a while but have been taught to pretend it's not the case. the light at the end of the tunnel is probably just part of the train moving towards me; as i lay down on the tracks. any advice for bleakness? indifferent

Pete please listen to me.
You seem like a great guy. You're one of the few men I have ever accepted a friends invite from.
You are alive and you should be grateful for that.
Just think of the plane crashes lately and how their familys feel. Its not fair on your loved ones to feel like this, so please get some counselling.

i've been in councelling since i was 8 and medication since i was about 10

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 01:09 PM
to zip and pink

heroes

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:36 PM
super duper cool awesomeness smokin

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:35 PM

thank you, and i love you all. i never expected everyone to be so nice, it's like a disney film just before the credits roll. lol, this has lifted my spirits tenfold thankyou all

:thumbsup:

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:27 PM

((((pete))))flowerforyou

flowerforyou :heart: flowers blushing

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:27 PM

sweet Irish ladflowerforyou

Savior of my soul

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:22 PM
thank you, and i love you all. i never expected everyone to be so nice, it's like a disney film just before the credits roll. lol, this has lifted my spirits tenfold thankyou all

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:17 PM

I agree with lars...pete you are a sweetheart and have a great sense of humor, you're my Irish soul mateflowers smooched :heart:

your going to set me off crying again lol, thank you soo soo much

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:14 PM

i was hoping to be a cool guy when i first got on this site but now look at me, it's become more of an intervention. might as well change my heading to "emotionally crippled seeks anyone who could be bothered with me" lolfrown

Nope, change it to "Wonderful man who is not afraid to show his emotions" :smile:

... someone more men could learn from.

thank you, i just though girls would avoid someone like me

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:10 PM

(((( Pete )))) sending you a big hug.
I agree with those who say have faith. My faith has also seen me through dark moments when I thought death might be preferable.
after that, there is also doing for yourself. whether it's counseling, having meds adjusted. there are things you need to take care of yourself.
reach out to friends. I think you said some of your friends are in the dark about this. surroundings yourself with people who care is always helpful. a good friend you can tell anything to, who can be there when you just need someone who won't judge.
and find an activity that occupies your time and heart. pet shelter, habitat for humanity, red cross, or anything you choose.
send you a big hug. feel free to message me if you ever want :thumbsup:

i never talk this way to my friends or family, just my doctors and until today mingle.i just wanted people to at least think i'm okay

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 12:04 PM
i was hoping to be a cool guy when i first got on this site but now look at me, it's become more of an intervention. might as well change my heading to "emotionally crippled seeks anyone who could be bothered with me" lolfrown

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 11:57 AM

a reason to live.

Sunsets, Flowers, Summer Rain, Spring Flowers, Freshly Cut Grass, The Smile From a Stranger, The Smell of Leather, The Smell of a Horse, Sunrises, Freshly Cooked Bacon, Cute Puppies and Kittens, The Sweet Music Artists Share, A Walk In The Park, The Colors of Fall.......

There are so many many more reasons than what I have listed here (((Pete))). flowerforyou
Life is an amazing and beautiful GIFT that we have all been given.
Sometimes I know the path gets dark and our beasts haunt us.
It is in these times that we must take another step in our journey down our path.
Find your happy place, it will help you take those steps.

thank you so much for caring about a stranger, living with this is embarrassing, and painful. i just want to be normal, cause how could someone like me meet anyone if i'm feeling this way

You might be surprised Pete.
Someone may not see the illness but the man.
Anything is possible, I truly believe this and it is part of what helps me walk my own path.

i think i'm too emotionally sensitive (eg. i'm crying right now)

petemcl's photo
Fri 07/25/14 11:55 AM

I didn't say that faith is all that one needs.

I myself have been taking a prescription anti-depressant for more than a decade, because I have a chemical imbalance.

For what it is worth, a medication can lose its effectiveness over time. In my case, my medication has been changed twice.

When dealing with depression, it helps to become involved in a cause greater than one's self. Maintaining some kind of exercise regimen also helps reduce depression.

i have been in therapy since i was 8, been on anti depression and anti anxiety pills since about 10 or 11 and had them changed maybe 5 or 6 times, had various councilors

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25