Community > Posts By > Mark_the_Man

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 12:19 PM

Is this the room for the really really really extremely ridiculously good looking?
*Zoolander face*

I still need to see that movie. *sigh* 26, and still a daunting, massive bucketlist of movies to watch looms overhead, ruining my peace with threats of failing meet cultural expectations in conversation with my peers. ='( Life is so bitterly difficult.

You poor thing.flowerforyou

*sniff* Aw thanks painted, you're one of the only ones who ever understands. *sniff sniff*. xD

no photo
Sat 12/21/13 04:30 AM
Ha, screw that. I don't pay squat on the first few dates. Just free walks in the park or incidental expenditures when I put together something home made. We lower-classmen aren't made of cash.

no photo
Thu 12/19/13 01:52 PM

My life has great "meaning" without linking that somehow to a deity or supernatural spirit (or karma, the universe, friendly spirits or whatever). I damn sure don't aspire to fame and fortune through becoming a guru or preacher or "leader" to others.

And yet you frequent the general religion board so often John. But maybe you, like me, enjoy the thrill of debating people who haven't given due diligence to their research. =)

Speaking of which, how about those autism-causing vaccines? hehe =p

I have autism myself, but it certainly did not come from a clean needle.

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 10:26 PM
'Hey! Stop stealing all the blankets!'

Come on, let's all be honest. You *know* that will eventually happen with whoever you sleep with. =p

no photo
Wed 12/18/13 01:46 AM

Let me state also that the bible was written by people who witnessed the events it describes.Many were persecuted or martyred but never changed their story.would you die for something you knew was untrue?.its no moderate approbation of scripture that has been sealed by the blood of so many witnesses,especially when we reflect that they died to render testimony to the faith with firm and costant,yet sober,zeal towards God

Actually that's false. Not a single Biblical author has been identified by any biblical scholar. All of them are unknowns. The names in titles were not written by the people so-named, but were accredited as authors by later writers who would use these names and writings to angle the Christ story a certain way and towards a specific group usually.

Also- plenty of people have died for things less noble. In fact, martyrdom became a token of sanctimony among christians following the general apostasy that erupted after the death of the apostles. Many of them would incite people to violence in order to procure a 'noble death' in the name of their beliefs.

So you can't make the claim of truth based on either of these points.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 09:34 PM

Oh good, I'm glad I'm seeing this before giving up my virginity. I'll just make sure I print this out and review it a few times before I get married. xD

Tape it to the headboard to for even faster reviewing.

lmao, hahahahaha! Will do! I think I might actually do something like that for kicks and giggles, hehe. Erm, maybe. Emphasis on the 'maybe'.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 09:09 PM
Breaking up. That was pretty damn annoying.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 07:02 PM
Oh good, I'm glad I'm seeing this before giving up my virginity. I'll just make sure I print this out and review it a few times before I get married. xD

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 12:48 PM
Oh man. These lists are endless.

Let's start with the basics.

1. '**** you old man'

2. 'Mother ****ing sonofa*****, I'll beat the **** out of your sissy *** you bastard.

3. 'Bahahaa, oh man, that was the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.'

4. 'It's actually incredibly easy to get laid, opportunities abound if you're willing to take a swim in the mud with the rest of the pigs.'

5. 'Why is it so hard to date and find someone? It's not. You're approaching everything from an ego-centric perspective in your relationships, expecting girls to give give give, and for what? You offer them nothing. No friendship, no real partnership, no love (beyond what your nether regions have to offer), and no security. Also, you care more about sports than people and believe me- that never bodes well for close relationships. '

6. 'Wow, you're a pretty pompous windbag aren't you?'

7. 'You do realize you just played me for a sap and did the same thing with three other men? You're a psychotic *****.' (I almost did say that once)

8....technically...well I did say this a few days ago. Totally worth it:

'Get the **** out of my room, don't even think about coming in here with that ****, get the **** out, I'm serious.' So gratifying.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 11:21 AM
An equal partner.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 01:49 AM

is that a mathematical euphemism?

Hehe, nah. It's a general rule of biology that I probably stated with too much rigidity.

It also could be wrong, I might add.

It's just that, for the time being, scientists who have been tinkering around with the notion of enhancements through genetic rearrangements (e.g. increased performance of vision, strength) have found that whenever one thing is magnified then something else seems to get sacrificed. It's the primary reason why we haven't made gods out of men through genetics.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 01:45 AM
Edited by Mark_the_Man on Tue 12/17/13 01:45 AM
I would love to reply, but you limited your questions to atheists, para-atheists (misuse of the root para, by the way), and their advocates. Since I'm none of them, sadly, I don't apply.

Plus, your arguments are all circular. When someone responds to you you seem to react by either getting upset and reciting platitudes, or falling back to your staple statements disguised in the form of questions.

Additionally, since you don't want a discussion you'll get none and only encourage the sort of responses you supposedly have such disdain for.

Finally, you don't want to know the answers to these questions you're aksing. It's clear you already have an opinion on them. You're not trying to persuade anyone of anything with reason or logic...so...what's the point?

Well, have fun with it. Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

no photo
Tue 12/17/13 01:03 AM

My intention was to debunk and puncture the hallucinatory ballons of atheists via empirical arguement.But they have apparently shied away from the intellectual excercise.I do not have spare time to join issues with shilly-shallied critics whose criticism were borne out of either ignorance or spiritual destitution

Your points have serious factual errors. They have noting to do with a pro or anti God argument, but your argument would generally appear to have a better start if you you at least got your facts right.

70% of the Earth's mass is not water (but much of the surface is covered with it).

Oxygen is a small percentage of the Earth and the free oxygen in the atmosphere came from plants converting carbon dioxide.

Etc.
Metal,yea you seemed to agree that a great being(God)brought those elements into existence,thats my poin.Its fruitless to ague about elementary physics here.

Brought them into existence eh? That'll take some explaining. Since matter can't be created or destroyed. You know it never says once in Genesis anything about God 'creating' matter. It suggests he took something that already existed and gave shape to it.

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 10:57 PM
I'm listening to 'What Are You Going to Do When You Are Not Saving the World?' by Hanz Zimmer

I feel full of hope listening to it.

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 10:53 PM

The name's Mark David ........

I should care more huh? I just have a hard time feeling threatened when I walk around armed and 6'6''. And when none of my family lives anywhere near me.

It's not all about being physically threatened. A lot of scammers with use your name and pictures to scam other people. The less info you give the more they have to make up and chances are the more they'll mess up on the stories they make up. If I felt physically threatened then carrying a gun would make me feel safer. hahaha

That's fair. =)

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 09:54 PM
I'm doing relatively well Robin. You?

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 09:43 PM

Life is perfect. I have a great new job as a Peace Officer and love it. I finally found the perfect job for me. :smile:

Congratulations. Looks like all your hard work payed off in a big way. And that's an awesome job. :) well done boss. I'm a little sad myself but news like this is definitely cause for cheer! Woot! :)

Sorry to hear you are sad. I hope things will turn around for you. flowerforyou

They will, they always do. Thx for the flowers, haha.

smile2

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 09:40 PM

He's practicing psychology without a license! laugh bigsmile

Haha, I don't think that's a rumour missy. Sounds like unsullied truth. =p

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 09:39 PM

hw r we sure it does exist

Haha, I like that question. :)

Ya'know, I think being in love is like being alive. No one can tell you you are, you just know it.

no photo
Mon 12/16/13 09:35 PM
The name's Mark David ........

I should care more huh? I just have a hard time feeling threatened when I walk around armed and 6'6''. And when none of my family lives anywhere near me.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 18 19