Community > Posts By > jtmcdole

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 02:07 PM

and why would you be driving 90 MPH? Not only is it not safe for you, it's not safe for anyone else that may have been on that road. I'm all for thrill seeking... as long as it's your thrill and you're not endangering others. Just a thought, maybe everyone else driving the same road that day wasn't looking for a thrill, or a near accident. flowerforyou Glad you're OK.

I own and '95 Impala SS; I have twice the traction of most cars in production and a bit more experience driving in the curves. However, I did not hit 90mph with anyone else in the vicinity, only when I was the only one for a stretch of road. I prefer the race track, and I drive like a grandmother on almost all occasions.. just something about those curves!

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 01:39 PM
So during my 1024 mile trip, I drove my '95 SS through the smokies for some white knuckle driving. Doing 90mph along the side of a mountain is a thrill indeed (when the road was open). I'm upset with myself that I didn't make a detour to travel the Tail of the Dragon (US-129 along the south end of the smokies)! 300+ twists and turns in 11 miles would be heaven with the new tires :)

Anyway, that's my driving story for now.

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 01:35 PM

Take him to Scotlandflowerforyou

Awesome place to visit, went there for 2 weeks in 2006! I'd have to visit the Isle of Islay the next time and get my free dram of Laphroaig :)

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 01:23 PM

take him out for dinner

Where are we going? >:)

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 01:14 PM
Dude looks like he'd play a mean game of poker.

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 12:47 PM

My wife didn't have a good credit score, but she didn't have any debt either.

This is what bothers me. If you're SO good with money that you don't have debt, there is no excuse other than laziness or irresponsibility for not having good credit.

It is financially irresponsible to never have credit because credit doesn't cost you money (if you do it right).

Credit takes time to build and you are setting yourself up for failure for the future when you'll need credit to start a business or make a large purchase.

Building credit is so easy. All you have to do is pay your bills on time. That's it! Therefore knowing a person's credit score tells a lot about someone's ability to be responsible.

I would date but never marry someone with a crappy credit score.

My wife was very good with money. She had a successful business and a very good amount of money in the bank - which I didn't care to know about.
Some people are just afraid of credit cards. I've had one since I was 18. They got me a little in trouble in my early 20s, but I've gotten out of that and pay them off 100% every month.

jtmcdole's photo
Fri 01/02/09 07:49 AM

No it wasn't. I just don't understand why it's that important. When you die, it makes no difference what your credit score is.

While this may be true, any debt you've acquired is first taken from the estate before the estate is passed on to loved ones. For instance, if you own a house in your name and not your spouses name, and you die, the bank can ask for the loan in full or foreclose on the house (in some states they cannot, its just an example). Life insurance can help with covering debt from depleting ones estate.

Not only do you have to deal with losing the love of your life, but now there's people knocking on the door with their hands out. Things you've bought together could also be taken.

Why is this relevant? My wife didn't have a good credit score, but she didn't have any debt either. So people need to look beyond a credit score and look at the person as a whole. If they can't control their spending, move on. If they are working it out and getting things under control, grats!

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 09:20 PM

did you seek her out at a soup kitchen?

I don't have a partner right now, but probably worse than a soup kitchen, I might meet her on a website ;)

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:56 PM

Really, when's the last time you went to a "soup kitchen" lookin' for someone? I betcha could pick and choose just about anyone.

Do you want someone without income? Hustle? Job? Future? Financial Goals if not Freedom?

Down on their luck? Fine. Just down? 'fraid not.
really, I know some women who seek guys like that out. "Rescuing" someone helps them to feel better about themselves.

Pathetic, yes?

Pathetic is some harsh wording. I don't consider myself a rescuer at all, but I certainly enjoy helping my partner achieve all she can.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 08:06 PM

Thank you, but I take care of when I can. I just don't expect anyone else to since I am the one that made the debt. : ) Money is the root of all evil and ruins so many relationships. I could live in a yugo with the man I love. Simple. I have standards, but they can be replaced, just cause.

ding ding ding. I viewed my won financial problems as my failure and I expected no one to help me out.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:55 PM
Wow, another debt topic.

There are shades of gray. HellKitten sounds like a responsible person taking care of her debt, but there are people out there who are irresponsible and want a quick fix. I was in debt when I met my wife, and I lived a spartan life style to a stick budget to pay that debt off myself. I remember my wife asking if I wanted to know how much money she had and I told her I didn't care.

I do have high standards though. While dating, debt isn't such a problem, but if a relationship were starting to form, that's when full disclosure comes into play.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:43 PM
If its a deal breaker, its a deal breaker. You can't change someone.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:41 PM

You didn't read what I wrote correctly. I signed for the loan, in my name and my name only. She made payments - of which she had to be 'authorized' by me to make. This only helped my credit score and not hers.

I'll follow up with "it was her loan" because it was for her lasik, but technically it was my loan since it was in my name.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:40 PM

Shouldn't be a problem unless if and when it gets to marrage or the like. Then both your cridets become one credit. If you got ****ty credit, marry someone with execellent credit, take theirs down a little but will bring yous up.

This is not completely true. This only matters if you are trying to get credit for something jointly. My credit was better than my wife's, so I signed for some of her loans but she made the payments.

Which she would not have been able to get to loans if had not signed for her and it is helping her credit as she pays them back.
She is improving hers by using yours.

You didn't read what I wrote correctly. I signed for the loan, in my name and my name only. She made payments - of which she had to be 'authorized' by me to make. This only helped my credit score and not hers.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:39 PM

the diference between going on a date and having fun vs. starting a relationship.

There are people out there, that take accountability on their own actions like myself. I have horrible credit, but I make do with what I have and have a roof over my head. What the hell is wrong with that?

This "thing" the government made up, doesn't make me less human. But I guess if your a money hungry person, it may.

Its certainly commendable that you are making due. There are many people that are living beyond their means though. If you looked at me a few years ago, I was in debt; it took a lot of work to get out of that and I never want to go back in (knocks on wood).

I'm a libertarian, so I love a good hate'n on the government, but credit scores are a private industry.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 07:32 PM

Shouldn't be a problem unless if and when it gets to marrage or the like. Then both your cridets become one credit. If you got ****ty credit, marry someone with execellent credit, take theirs down a little but will bring yous up.

This is not completely true. This only matters if you are trying to get credit for something jointly. My credit was better than my wife's, so I signed for some of her loans but she made the payments.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 06:11 PM

Scotland
or
Greece
or
France
or
Ireland
or....

I've been to a couple of those places :) Why oh why did I ever return.

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 06:04 PM

lol no....

for 10,000 dollars would you let a blindfolded person shave ur crotch?laugh

noway HELL NO laugh

For 10 grand will you let a dog lick a mound of peanut butter off your naked crotch? laugh :laughing: laugh ill

... maybe? 10G would pay off some student loans lol

For 10Gs would you kill a hobo just to watch him die?

jtmcdole's photo
Thu 01/01/09 05:58 PM
Ireland, and I'd not use to second leg of the ticket.

jtmcdole's photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:53 PM
I was married once. Best time of my life. Widowed.

Do it again? With the right person, yes.