Community > Posts By > shellsrose

shellsrose's photo
Wed 01/01/14 03:50 PM
Single, yes. Lonely, nope! :)

shellsrose's photo
Wed 01/01/14 01:17 PM
Why not? It is all a matter of personal preference. If an older woman wants a serious relationship, she's probably not going to get it with a younger man, although I have seen it happen. If she just wants to date and have some fun, so be it. Older men do that with younger women all the time.

shellsrose's photo
Mon 12/30/13 09:17 AM
Lost_in_reverie, I have to agree with you on this one. I also feel backed into a corner when attempting to get to know someone a little better and right away they want you to call them or meet up. Meeting people on these sites is much different than if you meet someone in person, because you don't have the luxury of being able to use your senses when communicating. It is better to play it safe and try to gauge a person's intentions before meeting or giving out your number. At least that's the way I feel about it. If I am pressed to meet, I usually cut off communication. If someone is truly interested in getting to know more about you, they will take the time and wait until both parties are comfortable with a meeting.

shellsrose's photo
Mon 12/30/13 08:38 AM

If you women were more cooperative, I would send you passionate love letters instead.

Define cooperative, Red6mist.

shellsrose's photo
Sun 12/29/13 06:26 PM
Usually the messages I receive are "Hi, how are you?" or something simple along those lines. Typically, there are no paragraphs. I reply, then also ask a question or comment on the day, whatever reply seems appropriate, and receive a few words of response. If there is nothing for me to reply back to them with, I just don't reply any longer.

shellsrose's photo
Sun 12/29/13 01:11 PM
I find I am running into this issue when receiving messages on the site. I will reply with questions, trying to get to know more about the man that contacted me. I receive brief answers to my questions, and that is it. No questions for me. Conversation is give AND take. You cannot expect to keep a conversation going, via email, messaging, or whatever without showing some kind of interest in the person you are trying to connect with.

Just saying...

Has anyone else been having this issue?

shellsrose's photo
Sun 12/29/13 10:28 AM
Definitely wait until you get to know more about someone and feel ready before giving out your number or meeting in person. It is best to err on the side of caution. If the person you are communicating with is legit and really interested, they will take the time to get to know more about you on-site before moving forward. I have encountered the same situation time and time again.

shellsrose's photo
Sun 12/29/13 10:21 AM
Spain is definitely on my list. So many places I would like to see.