Community > Posts By > itsasqueakthing

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 06:02 PM
awe thanks q man

I admit, I am MUCH better at handling the written and musical word than the spoken one...

I do have a stutter when I get nervous, relic from childhood...

Any MAYBE my self confidence isn't the greatest sometimes...

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 06:00 PM
Hi there!!!

LOL

I saw your picture and thought Citrobella!!!

I know thats not your real name ;-)

Miss you guys I had to come back!!

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:59 PM
no im not afraid of him

I'm just a very shy, very quiet non confrontational person...

I rarely speak up for myself, and when I do...I mess it up and I sound really stupid lol

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:52 PM
It kinda hurts to read the replies.... although I do really appreciate the input guys...

I'm not so sure I'm ready to throw in the towel on an otherwise great relationship with him...

I'd like to be able to talk with him about it, but I don't have the tools yet, which is why I'm asking you guys :-)

I do want to give him one last shot, I feel like we both deserve to give him a shot to fix something he likely didn't even know was borthering me, you know what I mean?

Maybe if I just sat him down and said "If you have a jealous streak or worry about me cheating after all this time together, it's your problem, not mine. I'm going to see my friends when I want to, and spend time with you too, and I don't want to have to worry about hurting your feelings by choosing not to hang out with you for a couple hours. I'm willing to help you figure out what you need to fix any insecurities you may have, but not at the expense of my friendships or emotional health any more! I think I've more than proven my loyalty to you by now, and I want to have a social life again that doesn't make my entire world revolve around you and what you want. I need to think about me now, and what makes me feel good, and if you have too hard a time to accept that I need some me time with or without male friends, then we will have to start thinking of how it would feel to be single"

That...sounds ok.... but I don't know if I have the nerve to say it all...or remember it lol

Maybe a letter...

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:42 PM
LOL

thats different mrindependent...

Doctors wouldnt want little ol me ;)

It's the males I am friends with he worrys about me hanging out with

they aren't bad people...they have just expressed interest in dating me way back when.... and dont want to cause any trouble between us

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:37 PM
Is there anything I can suggest to him to do so he CAN address it?

If it's an issue inside him, maybe he doesn't realise it's as bad as it is...

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:33 PM
Of course he never SAYS or ADMITS he is jealous...

He just does that charming little shrug when I finally let him have it, kisses me and apologises...

until the next time...

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:29 PM
hey there q man

any advice will be taken seriously!!

I just got done with my own divorce last december... I know how it feels!!

*Hugs*

itsasqueakthing's photo
Mon 03/16/09 05:24 PM
What can I do so that he can stop being so jealous?

We have been together almost a year annd a half, with some unofficial time before that about six months...

In 07 we were on a break and I dated someone he really didn't like, and that has basically been the source of his having problems with me being friends with males.

I can't invite them to our house, and I can't go over to theirs either. If I do see them, I have to not tell him I did because I get questioned a lot.

I haven't been unfaithful to him, nor given him a reason to think I have, because basically, I have no more friends now. I never have time between him and work to really keep up a relationship with friends, so now basically the only way I talk to them is online. He checks my cell phone for text messages when the urge strikes him, and I have to explain whatever he finds.

He doesn't get mad, he just gets silent when something disagrees with his definition of how males and females should be friends. It really bothers me because some of these friends I have known longer than I've known him. I don't feel it's fair.

I've tried to tell him that he really should get a grip and give me back my freedoms, but he will start with how he spends all his time with me and I should do the same because with opposing shift schedules, we see each other only a few times a week, even though we live together.

To make it all worse, I just recently lost over 40 pounds (WAHOO) and it kind of feels like he is being even MORE protective of me now that I look relatively feminine and attractive again. I put a lot of hard work into it, and if people pay attention to that on me, it's flattering but nothing else.

I'm a non-confrontational person by nature, and for the longest time, this has seemed to be something not worth fighting about. But it would be nice to go see my friends or say "I'm going out" and not be required to answer the who what when where why and how everytime and then put up with whatever mood happens to strike, or him thinking I'm going to leave him for weeks.

Eggshell walking isn't fun.

Is there anything short sweet and to the point I can say to him so I can go out and meet with my friends for coffee or go for drives or movies or play video games (friend stuff basically) with OUT worrying about giving him reassurances of my love and loyalty every time?

Thanks for listening

itsasqueakthing's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:47 PM
Thanks sweetheart, but those aren't the speakers...

The ones I have are older than those in the link, I think that's why I am having a hard time to find info on them re power rating for the other poster up there

itsasqueakthing's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:34 PM
Wow!

I didn't expect so many responses guys thank you!!

The receiver is rated power at 75 watts for 8ohms per channel. And 110 watts 6 ohms per channel.

Speakers-- no known power rating as of yet, they were purchased used, and I'm still trying to find some info on them...grumble

itsasqueakthing's photo
Wed 01/07/09 08:13 PM
Ok so!! Here's the deal

1. Have a Denon AVR-588 receiver rated for 6-16 ohms
2. Have two old/new Angstrom Omega floor speakers rated for 4 ohms

Now... if I hook them up, will I blow the speakers? Or should it work fine? Metered the speakers, they are definitely 4 ohms.

Any tweaking I can do to wires/connections to make sure impedance matching is a little closer or is a 2 ohm difference not that bad?

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sat 12/27/08 11:56 AM
It takes me hours to make a bed with striped sheets. It MUST be perfect.

Just as gift-wrapping took forever this year...Trying to match up the little characters was an excerisize in frustrating futility

itsasqueakthing's photo
Thu 12/18/08 06:38 PM
looked smart until they opened their mouth

doesn't have good hygiene

smells like they don't bathe

itsasqueakthing's photo
Thu 12/18/08 06:34 PM
Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't been around lately,but I want to send out a BIG thank you to the 8 people who sent me Christmas cards!

When I have a bit more time, I will write out everyone's names I received from...

All of them were very nice cards that made me smile inside and out :0)

As far as I am concerned a smile is the best kind of gift, so thank you guys for making my Christmas that much brighter!

LY all!!

*muah*

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sun 12/14/08 04:50 PM
Absolutely

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sun 12/14/08 04:48 PM
WOW

Congratulations!!

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sun 12/14/08 10:25 AM
All I can seem to find is po'boys and fedora's

They don't look good on me

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sun 12/14/08 06:39 AM
She's not my friend if she hits on my man..There are boundaries...and I would let her know that

itsasqueakthing's photo
Sun 12/14/08 06:36 AM
believed your OWN lies?indifferent

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8