Community > Posts By > tfa1957

tfa1957's photo
Mon 12/15/08 01:16 PM
Hi all,

I did survive Vegas, and now back at my daughters place. I did deactivate my profile briefly because I didn't think I'd be back on for awhile. I left Vegas, still single, so that was a good thing. I didn't even spend as much money as I had planned. I would and may go back next year, and recommend the experience for anyone. Now, my task for the last couple of weeks has been searching for a home here in the Phoenix area. I hope to be able to find an inexpensive home here and do the snowbird life, and go home to northern Maine in the summer and fall. On the romantic side of life, I have met the absolute perfect mate, she is absolutely stunning, with a creative, artistic mind, has a wonderful knack for carrying on intelligent conversations, and loves public displays of attention. The only problem is, I wake up from that particular dream.

Tom

tfa1957's photo
Mon 12/08/08 03:29 PM
FWB??? Come on guys, we or rather most of us are over the age of 50 and should know that such a thing doesn't work. No grey areas, and a sense of self worth needs to be recognized. I'm sorry, but I guess I left the 70's behind and have changed. Now, back in my 20's and 30's, if I were single then, I certainly would have been trying it, but what I know now.....naw, not worth ending a friendship, which is obviously what would happen.

Tom

tfa1957's photo
Thu 11/27/08 11:12 AM
I wish each of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm here in Vegas and just getting ready to walk the strip, so I'm hoping it doesn't turn into one of those tv movies and I wake up married to a complete stranger. With my luck it would be someone 80 years old and worse yet a friggin man. God help me! Seriously though, with all the main holidays coming up, I hope all of you remain safe, healthy, and happy. If you get down or develop some sadness during the holidays, I hope you'll turn to us to help you through it and give you as much support as we can.

Sincerely,

Tom

tfa1957's photo
Mon 11/24/08 01:11 PM
I'm feeling like a little kid, looking forward to this. The idea of looking down the dam, yeah, itprobably causes virtigo with a lot of people and I'll be one of em.

tfa1957's photo
Sun 11/23/08 09:14 PM
Edited by tfa1957 on Sun 11/23/08 09:21 PM
Hi Carol,

Happy 15th birthday...or do you want the numbers flipped back around? Yes, I am getting ready to firmly move my feet into the 50's, but I still have one leg left in my 20's. (my leg was literally left back there..lol sorry bad humor) My daughter and I are going to Vegas to celebrate...ummm....I might need a ride back to Phoenix this coming Saturday...lol. I've never been there, but looking forward to seeing all the sights, as well as Hoover Dam. Have any of you ever been there lately? What should I expect besides an empty wallet? I think I'll tell my daughter I'm putting her out to rent if we lose everything. I know, I know, I'm bad. I'm glad she has a good sense of humor like me too.

tfa1957's photo
Sun 11/23/08 09:09 PM
Edited by tfa1957 on Sun 11/23/08 09:17 PM
Hi Horse Girl,

Good for you on kicking his butt out. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Loosing a parent seems so odd doesn't it. It seemed to change me, not in a good or bad way, but I'm sure we all know that have lost our parents, that feeling. To have had to go through getting rid of your partner too would of course make you hesitant to meet anyone else. So how do you deal with the changes besides selling your house? your obviously a strong person and I imagine you can be an inspiration to others going through all that you have.

tfa1957's photo
Sun 11/23/08 09:03 PM
Edited by tfa1957 on Sun 11/23/08 09:16 PM
Hey Old Sage,

Thank you very much for the offer. you honestly never know, I may contact you and stop by sometime. Unlike some others online, i have been very fortunate on the few people i have met and remained friends with. One is a lady who lives in the UK and has visited a couple of times and I have visited there once, and the next time she will be bringing her new mate, so it is awesome to meet these kind of people from online. I've also been lucky meeting a few others, but she was the farthest away. As some others have said, sometimes just wanting to be or remain friends takes the pressure off, but finding who we are supposed to be with has an exciting element to it also. This really is a nice site and have enjoyed reading many of these posts.

tfa1957's photo
Fri 11/21/08 03:24 PM
Seems kind of sad that even people our age feel the need to be deceptive. I don't know why, and won't pretend to even care why people are like that....as long as they are not a part of my or my friends life. I am happy some of you take the time to pull people out from under the carpet, which basically means, they don't need to show their picture because you've already shown who they really are.

Tom

tfa1957's photo
Thu 11/20/08 11:00 AM
Edited by tfa1957 on Thu 11/20/08 11:01 AM
So, I'm new here, and also new to the area I'm at too. I'm originally from northern Maine, and even recently bought a home there, however, I find myself in Phoenix, and loving it here too. I have always been a wanderer/traveler. I save up to travel as often as possible, and still consider myself a young retiree. So, driving from the very top of Maine all the way down to Phoenix as one of those moments in life when I wished I had a partner with me that appreciated such a long and lovely drive. I have to say though, it is a scary thing to be searching for that one person that, I really do believe, is the right one for you. All the trials and tribulations....well, some people think it is worth it, but me, I'm just ready to find her and have her start enjoying the rest of the ride through life. Does anyone have the fear of that long exciting slow ride through life, by themselves?

tfa1957's photo
Thu 11/20/08 10:39 AM
Edited by tfa1957 on Thu 11/20/08 10:43 AM
This is just my two cents worth, I personally think some people provide a self fulfilling prophecy. If they think a certain way, be it negative, or positive, then it makes all the difference in the world to them and certainly all the people around them. I am guessing we are all here in the hopes of finding the partner they have longed for in their dreams. All that means nothing if you have your head hanging down, because while you mope and are looking at the ground, the perfect partner just pasts by. If you hope to add and be added to a persons' life, they need to know your contributing just as much as they are and it has to be emotionally worthwhile. No more, no less. So, even though you've have some failed relationships, maybe you should look at that as learning opportunies, and pay attention to the gut, pay attention to red flags. If your 2 past ex's were cheating, there is no way there were not some red flags somewhere along the line. In order to not repeat the past, you need to figure those things out first or your doomed to repeat them. Maybe that was my 5 cents worth.

tfa1957's photo
Wed 11/19/08 07:09 AM
Welcome to the world of mingle2. I was just surfing around when I found this site. I figured that I have a bit of time to waste while visiting my daughter here in Phoenix, so why not see what I can find. I'm still not sure about this site, but just like life, I want to see where it leads. Being 50 and alone was not the scenario I saw so many years ago. I figured by 50, I'd be settled into a home somewhere and never traveling around and being a crotchety old fart with a lovely starlet at my beck and call, but prostitutes aren't free. Okay, the idea of a prostitute wasn't ever there, but with my sense of humor, I had to write something foolish. It would be a wonderful thing to have someone put the color back in the rainbow, to be able to walk side by side with someone that appreciates life and wants to see as much of the world as possible. So, I'm dreaming big, and why not, it doesn't cost a thing.

tfa1957's photo
Wed 11/19/08 06:59 AM
So many beautiful places and such a short life to see them, but a few that I still want to see would have to be Italy, New Zealand, and Ireland.