Community > Posts By > motowndowntown

motowndowntown's photo
Mon 08/07/23 10:01 PM

That pumpkin is more real than you

They do have some big ones in some parts though don't they?

motowndowntown's photo
Mon 08/07/23 09:56 PM
The "key" was lost years ago.

A locksmith may be needed.

motowndowntown's photo
Mon 08/07/23 12:33 PM
I feel free to say why is somebody in a town noted for it's hookers looking for FWB/NSA on the internet. Lack of cold cash???

motowndowntown's photo
Mon 08/07/23 12:30 PM
Uh huh, A "North Dakota" lady using, a photo pinched from someone in Oregon, and poor English, looking for a serious long term relationship?

Seriously???

motowndowntown's photo
Sun 08/06/23 11:20 PM

I don't think Harleys ever had twin carbs. The reason they sound the way they do at idle is because of the way the crank shafts and firing order are set up.

And I would say that the "Popping Johnny" was a four stroke and "Popped" for the same reason a "hit and miss" engine does.

The "hit & miss" engine have a type of governor, mechanical weights that worked by centrifugal force against springs, once the engine reached the rpm to short out the magneto, stopping the spark, combined with a very heavy flywheel that kept the engine spinning,until the rpm was low enoughfor the centrifugal weights to retract by spring pressure, then would stop grounding the spark allowing the engine to start filling again untill it reached the cutout rpm.

If you just cut out the spark the engine would soon hydro-lock. The governor held the intake valve closed and the exhaust valve open which would then not give the engine any fuel or compression. The spark then was irrelevant.

motowndowntown's photo
Sun 08/06/23 09:10 AM

On 4cycle engines, it requires two full rotations of the crankshaft, 720°, to fire the cylinders, regardless of the number of cylinders. For a smooth running engine, the cylinders would fire equal degrees of rotation. 360° for 2 cyl, 180° for 4 cyl, 120° for 6 cyl, 90° for 8 cylinders.
The Johnny Popper cylinders fire somewhere around 3 1/2 ° apart, the old Harley engines are similar in that respect. When the cylinders fire that close, you hear "pop pop", delay of 716 1/2 ° crank rotation, then another "pop pop".

What about what's known as a "flat crank" as used in racing engines?

V8 engines vs straight 8s? v6 vs straight 6 etc.

Flat opposed cyl engines like old VWs or BMW bikes?

motowndowntown's photo
Sat 08/05/23 09:03 PM
I don't think Harleys ever had twin carbs. The reason they sound the way they do at idle is because of the way the crank shafts and firing order are set up.

And I would say that the "Popping Johnny" was a four stroke and "Popped" for the same reason a "hit and miss" engine does.

motowndowntown's photo
Sat 08/05/23 05:20 PM
two-cylinder design made a distinctive sound that gave these tractors the nickname “Johnny Poppers.”

google is your friend

motowndowntown's photo
Sat 08/05/23 08:53 AM
25 to 40?

or anything with a pulse?

motowndowntown's photo
Fri 08/04/23 04:18 PM

Hey am Christina ,i'm new on here too. Nice to meet you.

And yet more danger Will.

motowndowntown's photo
Fri 08/04/23 04:17 PM
My memory isn't that good. It may have taken longer. I slept most of the way.

Google says San Fran to Manila about fourteen hours.

motowndowntown's photo
Fri 08/04/23 02:12 PM
This topic is making my brain hurt.

motowndowntown's photo
Thu 08/03/23 08:43 PM
People have all kinds of ideas about what people of races other than themselves are like, when in fact we are all pretty much the same.

motowndowntown's photo
Thu 08/03/23 08:39 PM
Half way around. Took about ten or twelve hours if I remember.

motowndowntown's photo
Thu 08/03/23 10:04 AM

yea same here
[/quote

DANGER!!!! Will Robinson, DANGER!!!!

motowndowntown's photo
Thu 08/03/23 10:02 AM

hi

Fake profile. This person is using pics of Vicky Aisha.

OMG! somebody using a fake photo on M2!!!!!

Who'd a thunk it????

motowndowntown's photo
Wed 08/02/23 05:14 PM
I have my AC turned up to 11. That cool enough for ya?

motowndowntown's photo
Wed 08/02/23 03:25 PM
Don't be a stalker. If she's not interested, LEAVE HER ALONE.

motowndowntown's photo
Tue 08/01/23 05:00 PM
Don't smoke, don't drink?

What in the world would we chat about, your children?

motowndowntown's photo
Tue 08/01/23 04:55 PM
Edited by motowndowntown on Tue 08/01/23 04:55 PM
I may be a dummy but I didn't know they had palm and banana trees in New York.