Community > Posts By > Tommigirl55

no photo
Wed 11/26/08 07:18 PM
I apologize for being argumentative. As to the topic at hand. Friends with benefits is not for me either. I don't have any desire to be intimate with someone unless we have feelings for each other beyond friendship.

no photo
Mon 11/24/08 04:30 PM
Hi I'm new here and I would like to respond to Country Mike's posts. First of all the US is not a theocracy. We enjoy freedom of religion here and freedom from religion if you wish. You can be choose to be a Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Agnostic, or whatever you choose. And are free to decide for yourself what your values will be. As am I. Expressing an opinion is to say "I believe that sex outside marriage is wrong and therefore I choose not to do it." The following would be an example of a smug, self-righteous, judgemental statement. "The Bible is the only truth and the only way for all mankind, and people should be jailed for cohabitation. If you have sexual relations outside marriage, you are a whore." You can't claim to be expressing an opinion and then turn around and say that it isn't a matter of opinion. If you want to be a "good steward" for God you are not going to accomplish that by wagging your finger in other people's faces. That betrays arrogance and self-righteousness. Which is more likely to sour people on Christianity than to attract them to it. I know it did for me.