Community > Posts By > Atlantis75

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 05:09 PM

you do realize you are asking relationship advice from many people who are not in relationships? that being said, what you plan to send sounds very casual, if that is the kind of relationship you have and want with this guy, then you are spot on.

Wrong. Mingle 2 is full of relationship experts and psychiatrists and various other Dr.Phills ...like me.

laugh

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 05:02 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Thu 09/16/10 05:03 PM

For all of the comments I get along the lines of "I can't believe you're still single," there's almost always a follow-up of "A guy like you should be starting a family" -- as if it's mandatory or something.

Raises his hand. Let's say on an average, 1 person /week tells me that.

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 04:54 PM

There are both men and women who behave this way so what you should learn from it is how to avoid these kinds of people. Instead you choose to analyze the shlt out of it looking for a formula or some kind of answer as to WHY. Answer is some people suck, a lot.

If bltching about things made the situation better our world would have no problems.

Look. I can make topics about nothing. So instead I make topics about something. I know well some will not like the topics. I also know well that I might be called names or told what I am or what not. It's all fine to me.
If I would talk about this at a bar table or in the woods..this wouldn't be such an intense topic really. It just may look like it's intense or there is a lot of emotions to it. No, there isn't...and I'm not being totally serious really.

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 04:44 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Thu 09/16/10 04:45 PM

how bloody hard can it be to find someone perfect?
just seems with every silver lining, theres a hurricain that follows with it. are looks everything, is personality key? i used to think yh looks play a part but you couldnt live a life misserable just because a guy is fit!!!!

HOWEVER!!! people say personality is key, but still the majority of nice lookin guys are pricks! yes!! lol and just want some extremely fit guy. what do you think men are really like? what is perfect?
what should a guy look for?

Perfect people are not found, they are made.

See...these are the guys. Rough chunk of wood:

This is what you can do with the right tools and the right ideas:

or if you do it wrong, here is what's gonna come out of

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 04:30 PM
Ok,so now..we are at the point..that since this is another sensitive topic..and somehow it's all about me (NOT) to grow a pair..there is no way to criticize women anymore. Just EXACTLY what the topic is about!

"Let's not write anything, that might upsets a few mademoiselles" on mingle 2 ...let's just tell the guy who made the topic that he is "whinning".

I see!

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 04:25 PM

You know what, if you're getting "dominated by these type of women" then maybe you should just try growing a pair.

No way!

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 04:18 PM

Victim, spictim

NO ONE can victimize or use anyone if ya just don't allow it...
we teach people how to treat us.

Quit your whining Atlantis :tongue:

Why is this a whine???

I'm pointing out something that is obvious fact to so many guys..yet others continue to be dominated by these types of women.

Women become something they weren't intended, because some guys allow it for them to be like that.

And yes, for guys too.. but why do I feel like i always have to point out that "but guys do this too" sort of stuff...I'm writing about women specifically and just because guys do similar stuff, that won't work as an excuse.

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 03:49 PM
I know send your hatemails to me, but i don't care, I'm just telling how I see things.

I think women getting away with many things nowadays. Why guys would not say anything has to do that they want a piece of them, so they rather dismiss things, that shouldn't be.

It's actually worse for the women, than the guys really, because they become self obsessed and other various forms of "not wanted" people in reality. They don't even notice, because they got away with it and they think it's ok to be like that.

For an example, and this is all fictional, not happened, although it might have happened or could happen to anyone.

Let's say a guy really likes this girl, but she couldn't care less.

Instead of telling the guy to get lost, she starts thinking that he is useful for something. She knows that the guy wants a piece of her a$$ so she starts to bargain around. Eventually the guy figures out the whole thing..but he just can't go ahead and call her what she is (insert a common word used for those women) , so she gets away with it.

Later on, she pulls the same thing with another victim..and eventually she becomes something else..and she thinks this is ok to do.

Now, send your hatemails. waving

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 11:48 AM

interesting...

1. is it only this one site, or other sites as well?
2. if it is all sites, I would suspect your DSL
3. "shared" access is a thing of the past, switching technologies eliminate this "shared" phenom...
4. if it is just this site, they could be throttling their bandwidth...
5. could also be spyware/malware on your pc... perhaps do a manual scan when you get the time

you could always reboot your cable modem, or your local router...

$.02 drinker

Probably that one site..(Microsoft) Things are fine right now, although I did suspect spyware also, but my spyware programs didn't show anything.

Atlantis75's photo
Thu 09/16/10 11:45 AM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Thu 09/16/10 11:46 AM

(I got the idea for this thread from Rainbow Trout.)

If you can customize your Mingle profile, what would you include? Theme song? Animated graphics? Your most embarrassing videos? References from past relationships? Testimonials from your mother?

laugh

you could easily do all that on myspace. And me, got tired of myspace a while ago, with all the shiny stuff and music starting up and flashy animations of what people do to their pages.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 10:02 PM

America is a bizarre place.Probably the only country in the World where the people are so stupid the speak up for and support a man who is building a church that supports Sharia law.

Are you a Muslim?

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 09:40 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Wed 09/15/10 09:44 PM

....and when the seal was opened, a third of the sea died....

Previously, if anyone missed it:

Revelation 8:8
"The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood."

The Mexican Gulf oil spill:

Anyone wants to know the continuation?

8:9
a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 09:10 PM
Did anyone actually knew, that there was an Islamic prayer room in the WTC? Because there was, and also there is another one not far from Ground Zero. Operating since the 70s or 80s.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:59 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Wed 09/15/10 09:01 PM

What makes you think that these women with degrees would require you to talk math? They will have colleagues to talk shop with. After working in the shop all day, would a mechanic expect his girlfriend to talk fuel injection? No, they would have other things to talk about.

I was being sarcastic about that

People want connection, conversation, attraction...and that can't be summed up neatly in a pretty parchment and letters after your name.

I think the pedigree matters less than you think.

Trust me on this..they don't wanna date just "anyone". Especially if they got colleagues and they go to meetings and so on..sooner or later it's gonna come up in a topic and there she is, all embarrassed or won't talk about his plumber or carpenter husband or boyfriend.

I dated someone who became a medical doctor, and soon she started working that was it..I could never really figure out what made her dump me, but if not entirely but it was part of the reason of just me there who isn't fitting into that group.

I understand what you are saying. My history and perspective is different...

I worked in post secondary for 15 years and I can assure you that a degree does not make you smart. In fact, I worked with as many really dumb people who had a lot of letters after their name as I did smart, socially conscious, well adjusted ones.

The mechanic that worked on my car was well travelled, well read and truly one of the most interesting, smartest and most 'datable' guys I've ever met.

He was well mannered, articulate and comfortable in any social situation whether it was hanging out at a football game or having dinner with the President of the College.

I would date him in a heartbeat over the 'formally' educated men I worked with.

Everyone is unique and I'd prefer to get to know them as they are. With or without a PhD.

But you are right ... there are some that look for the formal letters and make assumptions based upon that. But some people also know better ...

Trust me..they don't scare me, neither I debate their intelligence/dumbness...my interest is more about what do they think of a mere mortal like me? I know for sure, they won't look at me as another fellow PHD psyhciatrist rocket propulsion neurologist, there is a bias.

Or...what is this have to do with dating? Why boast about it like I'm supposed to be looking for human values and personality, all I see are job resumes, not profiles, which supposed to give an insight into someone's inner self. Instead of that, I see a 2 dimensional sheet of paper telling me that this person has been in school for at least 10 years and now makes over 100,000 dollars.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:53 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Wed 09/15/10 09:02 PM
Eat sh..and...Oh wait! This isn't that forum! slaphead

I was thinking about what t-shirt I would wear on the upcoming elections..shh...my bad!

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:48 PM
The Notorious B.I.G - Hypnotize

Damn..I don't even listen to rap, but she did.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:42 PM
mingle spammers. frustrated

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:38 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Wed 09/15/10 08:41 PM

Recessions take a long time to recover from.

It started before Obama and it will end after he is out of office.

Only if time would do the magic trick. Let's face it. Those jobs that went offshore, aren't coming back. The Chinese and the India would be stupid to give up those manufacturing jobs that were transferred off from here. Neither Japan gonna stop making cars, neither Germany. These jobs are gone for good and unfortunately the only thing you can get right now is in either secretarial/administrative or in the medical field. The first one doesn't require a large crew, it's really over saturated right now. For the medical field, the amount of schooling and certification required keeps many back, and it's only a question of time when those positions will be overloaded.

Only new job creation could start making some positive move, but I don't see any of that happening, not even trying.

Call me a crazy doomsday bird, but USA can't sustain another year , because it will continue to sink even farther and the value of the dollar will start to deteriorate. All you need is China to dump the dollar and we got a huge problem. I don't close out a civil war..or we gonna have a USA look like a scene out of Mad Max.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:30 PM
Edited by Atlantis75 on Wed 09/15/10 08:31 PM

What makes you think that these women with degrees would require you to talk math? They will have colleagues to talk shop with. After working in the shop all day, would a mechanic expect his girlfriend to talk fuel injection? No, they would have other things to talk about.

I was being sarcastic about that

People want connection, conversation, attraction...and that can't be summed up neatly in a pretty parchment and letters after your name.

I think the pedigree matters less than you think.

Trust me on this..they don't wanna date just "anyone". Especially if they got colleagues and they go to meetings and so on..sooner or later it's gonna come up in a topic and there she is, all embarrassed or won't talk about his plumber or carpenter husband or boyfriend.

I dated someone who became a medical doctor, and soon she started working that was it..I could never really figure out what made her dump me, but if not entirely but it was part of the reason of just me there who isn't fitting into that group.

Atlantis75's photo
Wed 09/15/10 08:07 PM
I get 1 view a day. Ok. sometimes 2. Sometimes 0. So it's really 1 a day in average.