Community > Posts By > Ps27114

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 08:31 PM
west central, between Clarksville and Ozark.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:58 PM
Who wants to be average? Some days I am way over with my computer time. Other days I don't get on at all. It depends on who God puts in my path that day. As long as I am busy about His work, encouraging the brethren or witnessing, I don't keep track of the time. I leave that up to Him. He created it.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:44 PM
Being honest/ real and telling all are not the same. Much of my life is boring and certainly too long to narrate to many uninterested parties. It's too long and full to remember all of it at any given time. My sisters will testify to that. But I would not lie to an outright question, just refuse to answer or honestly forget...

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:10 PM
God always answers prayer. The young lady's problem was she did not understand that God is not her servant obligated to do what she wants. Paul had faith but that did not mean God healed him when he asked 3 times. God's plan is perfect. Our prayer requests aren't.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:00 PM
I agree with definition that divorce is a sin for both parties. Even when you didn't want it and didn't cause it. I was /am divorced (my ex died 18 years later) I believed I would remain single because God says to marry someone is to cause them to commit adultery. (Mat 5:32, 19:9, Mark 10:11-12, Luke 16:18) But I met a man who loved God first. He was also divorced (innocently). After 8.5 years of friendship we both believed God gave us permission to marry. We had a wonderful 5 years 2 months and 19 days before God took him home. I don't know if I am widowed or divorced. Probably both. I DO know that God loves me, He forgives my sin. Divorce is a sin but not the unforgivable one.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 05:01 PM
Good suggestions for a problem we all deal with some time. I also like to sing praises. Works best when I am alone because my voice is not that good, but God wants to hear a joyful noise so I know He is happy when I praise Him. Then I am not alone.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/12/15 01:16 AM
There is another example of fear. When your mother let you wear her best belt, an heirloom piece of clothing, because you are a young lady now and no longer behave like a ruffian, then you went out and played football and accidently broke the belt. You may fear telling your mother, not because you think she will beat you, but because you know it will hurt her that you did something you knew not to do and destroyed a gift she gave you that was important to her. When God tells us how to behave it is because He loves us. We fear the correction when we disobey in the way you usually apply fear, but because He loves us so much and is so good to us, we understand that correction is for our own good and never as severe as the consequences of continuing that wrong action (like when your mom slaps back your had as you go to touch a hot pot on the stove. Her slap is much less damaging than the burn would have been). We fear disappointing Him even more as we get older and raise children of our own because we understand how much more disappointed we can be with those we love and are closest to. And mom's eyes in the back of their heads are good but not as good as God's ability to know everything.

God created us. He loves us. He is an AWESOME God.
We fear His omniscience (all knowing) and omnipotence (all powerful) because of OUR failings (sin). We love him for His mercy, grace and charity (love) He shows us all the time. God is good!

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/12/15 12:45 AM
Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Divorce is a sin, not matter whether you were saved or lost at the time of the marriage and the divorce, whether you were cheated on or abandoned or abused or just both lost interest. Remarriage is a one time sin of adultery. So even if you were not the "guilty" party in the first marriage, you now are. But you have started a new marriage which you are to respect as a covenant with God. Once you have confessed the sin of remarriage you are forgiven of adultery as long as you remain faithful to your new marriage.
Murder is sin. Destroying yourself with alcohol, drugs, or murder by gun, rope, cutting... even gluttony because...

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? 1 Corinthians 6:19 English Standard Version ESV

But ALL have sinned and God did not rank sin. Rather...

"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven" (Matt. 12:31).

As a person whose first marriage ended in divorce, once I was able to understand and forgive my ex husband, God graciously lead me to a man who was also divorced due to adultery on his spouse's part and who put learning about God's holiness first and serving Him second in his life. He gave us permission to marry and serve Him together as long as we both lived. This wonderful man is now in full knowledge of what Jesus has prepared for us in heaven. God left me here to live abundantly and give Him the glory in whatever manner He choses. That may be remarriage and it will be okay with Him. Or it may be but being fully focused on Him and that will be okay with me. Just so I am being obedient to God and He gets the glory.

Ps27114's photo
Wed 03/11/15 11:58 PM
Good thoughts.

I like to wake up singing. One of my favorite morning songs is from the musical, "Godspell":

Day by Day, day by day,
Oh Dear Lord, three things I pray;
To see Thee more clearly,
Love Thee more dearly,
Follow Thee more nearly, Day by day...

Ps27114's photo
Wed 03/11/15 11:02 PM
Just found the religion chats. I am a little late to the post. Debbie obviously got her answer. Since this is a dating websites but forums are to help us get acquainted and make friends am going to post my opinion and background for it (probably in reverse order. Because of where I live(d) I know very few Muslims, a few Hindus, a lot of people who are Jewish by birth, and many Christians and more pretenders or people who claim they don't believe in any deity. One verse from the New Testament I think our Muslims and Jewish minglers will subscribe to is 2 Corinthians 6:14. From the Amplified Bible (AMP)
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness?
You can be friends, have wonderful conversations, party, but the no matter your personal beliefs, others will judge you for them. It really helps to have a common bond when you face adversity.
I majored in history in college (many years ago). There were a lot of German Christians married to German Jews when Hitler gained power. Many times the Christian spouse left the Jewish spouse and half breed children (no offense intended here, strictly speaking from a historical perspective). If they stayed together, all went to concentration camps or suffered trying to avoid them. When groups decide to judge on basis of religion, ethnicity, etc. or just use "groups" as an excuse to seize power, it helps to have a common belief to strengthen your relationship commitment...
I know, I'm "too wordy", again...

Ps27114's photo
Tue 03/10/15 09:42 PM
Edited by Ps27114 on Tue 03/10/15 10:03 PM

I think both men and women are looking for the same thing in a relationship...

Emotional intimacy and emotional trust.

These to me are the foundations of partnership.

Just my thoughts...

Bernie

I think we do all agree on this, beyond this there have been wonderful answers. They aren't all the same. Neither are we. I think that's why we come online, to find someone the same kind of different as we are. Or at least a complementary kind. And make new friendsbiggrin

Ps27114's photo
Tue 03/10/15 09:18 PM
Seems like this is a thread to introduce yourself. I also am curious to see what my profile on here looks like. I just read through the last year of posts, mostly about the weather with just a few notes to get to know you a bit. Several new people in the last 3 months. But they didn't come back. I have tried to come to forums several times and couldn't find them. Last two times I was successful. Maybe that means I have learned how to get here.
Weather here in Western AR has been milder than most other places. Looking forward to some sunny days but they just took them out of the forecast. I am thinking I better quit dreaming about going solar if I am going to continue living here. Which I hope to do. what
Hope someone responds over their morning cup of coffee. And you all have a good day.

Ps27114's photo
Mon 03/09/15 09:12 PM
I may be doing this all backward. I put what I don't like on my profile because that is a lot shorter and I am basically a friendly person. I read a lot about getting acquainted on the forums, but I don't even know where to begin looking... for what kind of conversations. Can you all point me in the right direction? I opened up who can send me messages but now I am getting too many that are really looking like spam/phishing whatever the term is...

Ps27114's photo
Wed 03/04/15 12:42 AM
I went back two weeks and didn't find this topic...
I thought giving a private email and requesting to move the communication there was a no-no, a sign of bad intentions, probably scam. Yet this is what I keep getting here and on other sites. Several of the men I have corresponded with I have been able to check out because they gave me their name and I Goggled, found an independent online presence (okay, I'm partial to authors) with photos of the same person but not the same pose. I could understand on sites where you have to pay to email. But here? Why is a separate email preferred to a private one through messages here? Should I continue to be leery?

Ps27114's photo
Thu 02/26/15 11:59 AM
Thanks Jeff, I was on I don't know how long and didn't even know there were forums. Half the time even now when I come on the site there is no community button. Since finding then, I have been reading... now maybe I will begin posting.

Ps27114's photo
Tue 02/24/15 02:39 AM
Married 16 years, divorced 8 years when I met a man who showed me that not all men were scumbags. (Once my eyes were opened I realized a lot of them aren't. The good ones are just usually pretty quiet about it) We dated for 8.5 years before God gave us permission to marry. Second marriage for both of us and it was to be forever. Never knew marriage could be so good. Only 5 years and 2 months later he was standing, laughing with his brother in law and just fell over. Doctor said he was dead before he hit the ground. That was 2.5 years ago...
But I have the example of my grandpa's second wife. They were married 16 years when he died. She was about my age now. This was when McDonald's was still counting burgers sold in the hundred thousands and White Castle was the only other fast food store. She cooked and cleaned house and outlived 3 more husbands who were looking for that. She died in her early 80s.
I also have my user name, a promise form God Psalm 27, while chapter but specifically v 13 "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." He has shown me many times I can trust His word. Whether it be in the form of another wonderful friend to share his life with me or the friends I have made and opportunities to witness remains to be seen.

2 Next