Community > Posts By > Ps27114

Ps27114's photo
Sat 07/02/16 09:56 AM
I chose to read this post because #1 it is current and #2 it is something I think about every time I look at a profile or message.
The following is my opinion, there are no rights or wrongs just what you personally think.

First I would say a profile first line and a message first line are totally different. And life online and real world are different. Online there are SO many people, I want to know what is important immediately. In a PROFILE, I don't think you can give TMI. I mean obviously don't give financial information unless you are asking to be ripped off, but interests, hobbies and yes, your work are very important. They let the reader know if you have something they value, are interested in, to connect to. They are conversation openers. In a MESSAGE, I want to see something, anything that proves you read MY profile and found something that was of interest to you. The "hi beautiful" "let's have a drink/chat" look like and usually are bulk emails from spammers.

What I have learned so far from this post/ thread is that people are definitely different and have different expectations from a dating site. Some apparently only come for the forums as they have no profile filled out and their mail feature set to prevent anyone from contacting them. Others are very comfortable carrying on flirtations in public on one hand while bashing someone on the other... And most simply read what others have written and refrain from commenting for an even broader number of reasons I am sure (but for me the main one was I do not desire to be scathingly bashed- even by people I do not know and who do not know me). I have concluded (and I may be accused of being wrong) that you CAN learn about a person's character by just staying silent and reading, but I personally prefer private honest conversations with some with mutual interests or beliefs when I am trying to make friends. Online friends can be of either gender so discrimination in mail settings can be a hindrance. But in a "dating situation" I would definitely stick to opposites attract gender wise.

Ps27114's photo
Tue 10/13/15 07:39 AM

Silver fox club cool. I guess that Charley Rich the Silver Fox could be our entertainer. OR George Jones' song "Don't leave without taking your silver" could be our theme song. I myself would be preferred as salt and pepper.

or the classic "Silver Threads Among the Gold". My mom always called her hair salt and pepper. In my youth I was a called a redhead, now I think they say ginger, really it was Titian. But as it turned I decided I was Cinnamon and Sugar, getting sweeter every day!

Ps27114's photo
Tue 10/13/15 07:39 AM

Silver fox club cool. I guess that Charley Rich the Silver Fox could be our entertainer. OR George Jones' song "Don't leave without taking your silver" could be our theme song. I myself would be preferred as salt and pepper.

or the classic "Silver Threads Among the Gold". My mom always called her hair salt and pepper. In my youth I was a called a redhead, now I think they say ginger, really it was Titian. But as it turned I decided I was Cinnamon and Sugar, getting sweeter every day!

Ps27114's photo
Fri 05/29/15 06:19 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but how do they determine how long it has been since you have been on? I am one of those who comes and goes. I have profiles on several other sites. I often forget this one and only remember when I receive a reminder. Like someone messaged me.
Do you have to sign on to your profile, or does it show active if you just came to forums?
Thanks.

Ps27114's photo
Fri 05/15/15 08:18 AM
Glad to see so many think being nice is a good thing (so do I). Really liked what PacificStar48 said in her first post (pg 5 I think)
Several thoughts, as always people have multiple definitions of the word. Being nice to me does not necessarily mean being always agreeable or a doormat. It took me years but I finally learned a little about "tough love" If being "nice" means letting someone have there own way and that way is going to be hurtful to them in the long run, the really nice thing to do is warn them. IMO. It doesn't always make friends but here right and nice maybe interchangeable.
I was raised to believe the golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do to you", now usually known as karma. One would think that would be the nice thing. There is too much self loathing and hurting people who do not want, will not let you be nice to them. They want, expect to be mistreated and if you are nice, they misinterpret it. Be nice anyway.
Will being nice pay off in this world? Sometimes... but it isn't this world's payoffs that are my concern.

Ps27114's photo
Fri 05/15/15 07:52 AM
In the last century, when I lived in Alaska and they were building the pipeline, there were a lot of Texans whose heads were too big for their 10 gal hats and they were the bunt of everyone elses jokes (the ones whose heads WEREN'T too big repeated them too). One I will always remember was when a Texan was bragging too much you'd look at him and say Keep it up and we'll divide THIRD largest state. I finally settled in Arkansas. I too thought this post was going to be about country living (every political country has physical country and we country folks can survive, we have a commonality that draws us together rather than political country that separates.) Arkansas is frequently the butt of jokes but I have adopted it as my home. As our state song says, Arkansas, You Run Deep in Me!!!

Ps27114's photo
Wed 05/06/15 08:42 PM
Welcome to Mingle2. I find there are a lot of women (and men) on here. I am guessing you mean "the one " particular woman that you will be happy with. Have you learned to use the search feature yet? I live in a rural area. When I search for a particular area near me, it comes back with "not enough matches" and gives me a much larger area. Try different search criteria and see if you don't find someone interesting. A bit more info about you will help a woman see if she is interested in contacting you :-) Best wishes!!!

Ps27114's photo
Wed 05/06/15 08:34 PM
Thanks for posting such a complete profile, usual on this site. Hope you find the woman you are looking for and get off this site happily, not lonely and disappointed.

Ps27114's photo
Wed 05/06/15 08:28 PM
I do respond to all emails and ask a question even if it is obvious from their message that they did not read my profile because theirs definitely disqualifies them (ie they are still married!!) When they do not respond to the question in my email proving they don't care what's important to me and probably never read it, I do not write anymore and usually remove or block them.
I do NOT respond to pokes, nudges, kisses, etc. unless I am really interested and would have written them on my own if I had seen their profile first. If you can't even say hi...
But I only sign own about twice a week. I think it is important to maintain my existing friendships on Facebook and private emails and I do have an off line life...
Best wishes finding a real person who you really want to mingle with...

Ps27114's photo
Tue 05/05/15 08:42 PM
I have been following the Tiny House Movement on line. Families of 5 are living in 300 sq ft. I have thought, I might try it, but I would want a small/ about 200 sq ft to have bed, bath , kitchen and social room. But I would have two or three 12 X 10 ft storage buildings to house my hobbies/ collections. The would not have any trouble fitting on my two acres, but would cut down on utility cost and time cleaning. There are these neat 2 liter bottles with water in them you put in the roof and use for lighting (done in India and Asia. Loft would have to be for storage or grandchildren's guest room. I don't want to climb ladder/ stairs at night.

Ps27114's photo
Wed 04/29/15 08:45 AM
I came to the forums for exactly what I get, insight into people, some good humor, some straight, honest talk.
Now I am trying to find some answers like how do you get your forum picture to be different from your profile picture? And why do people keep their emails so restricted? I read here that you want to talk to people/ make friends, so I check out a profile when someone says something I am particularly interested in and find it is narrowly restricted and I don't qualify. Not looking for anything more than an online chat, but a little too shy to put things that are important to me out here on the forums and have them be the focus of humor, or completely ignored, not sure which is worse :-) I don't want to be confused as a stalker, but if you have a restricted profile and you see I visited you, would you be willing to write me? Then hopefully I will remember which thread I was reading. There are SO MANY if you are new to the forums. One of my questions is where is the best place to get started getting acquainted?
Thanks. I will go back and hide for a while and wait to see if I get any answers. :-/

Ps27114's photo
Tue 04/14/15 04:54 AM
I am trying to figure out why it takes three hours+, 30 pieces of paper and then you are still missing something you "need" to fill out electronic taxes on what should be a 1040A. (SS and a little interest, not even required to file if not from the sources and silly Obamacare) I did taxes professionally for 9 years, I know what forms I need, I don't need all the questions!!!!!! Just give me a place to put the answers! Then I can go back t writing in forums :-)

Ps27114's photo
Wed 04/08/15 09:19 PM
How does a woman (any person) MAKE you HAVE TO lie? My thought: to tell the truth or lie is always your choice. Or you can change the discussion... and avoid the answer...

Ps27114's photo
Mon 03/30/15 05:14 PM
I graduated during the Viet Nam war. IRL my first name is unusual and frequently mistaken as a male name. I got a letter from the Marines saying they were looking for a few good men and a postcard to send back for more information. I wrote "So am I", returned it, never heard from anyone again :-)

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/26/15 09:12 PM
I don't care if the person has a photo or not, old, new or just of something they like. I almost prefer no photo so you have to concentrate on expressing yourself in writing. It is the person I want to know. The screening process leaves a lot to be desired. I can't say I like or don't like someone based on their photo, age and location. I want to read what they are doing in their life, what is important to them. If their passion is really massaging a lover's feet, they will not hear from me. I have a whirlpool that does that. What music are they playing in the background as they write? What book is on the bedside table and how long has it been there? My dearly departed and I met online in 1998, before dating sites. We wrote for 5 months before exchanging photos. Quality was not good back then. He had green hair and was kinda short and fat in the compressed photo that finally downloaded. I never did know what he really looked like because by the time we met I was seeing him/ his soul through the eyes of love and I think it was mutual.

Ps27114's photo
Wed 03/25/15 11:56 PM

just a little thread bump to see if anyone misread the title of the topic and posted a topless pic drinker

I thought you did, hence the headless profile...

Ps27114's photo
Tue 03/24/15 08:22 PM

I have had a lot of emails from online sites saying someone is interested in me and when I click on it, they have already been reported and removed. Glad the sites are doing their job (and still FREE!!!) But some get through. I am not sure they are scammers in that they have never ask for money, just my email and phone. I do not give that out. That is why I am using a name that describes me rather than my real name. I prefer honesty but we have to stay safe.

That said, two totally different things. I think I have been getting fake profiles from Russians. The photos and writing styles are European and the answers have a computer generated edge to them. I ask some pointed questions without giving out info and refuse to go to private email. But it just has a weird feeling. Any one else running into these guys?

Secondly, people keep mentioning making friends on the forum. I kinda don't think all the friend making is going on in the comments. But when I click profiles to see where people are coming from most everyone has their mail limits set pretty tight. I have mine open. Should I tighten them? How do you make friends/ correspond? I tend to write too much or not enough so would rather ask questions privately to not embarrass myself and others. I write a lot because I live (by choice) in a rural area and EVERYONE is a long way. Too far for a cup of coffee.

Thanks all.

Ps27114's photo
Sat 03/21/15 07:40 PM
I like the box of fluffy ducks quote and background. Thanks. Guess I won't pick it up since no one would understand. :-)

Ps27114's photo
Fri 03/20/15 12:59 AM
Ducks are so cute on there own. Since this is the over 50 section, does anybody remember how the dime stores would sell the baby chicks/ peeps that had been dyed pastel colors while still in the shell the week before Christmas? I don't know if PETA put an end to that practice or if it just fell out of favor.

Ps27114's photo
Thu 03/19/15 08:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I don't actually drink coffee, but most people I know have to have it first thing hence the greeting.

Previous 1