coffee for two-
with a boy named... Sue

deltaDawnII's photo
Fri 08/08/14 11:44 PM

freshly baked bread

bread maker is going! ;)

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 08/03/14 07:47 PM
So sad what courts and lawyers can put a person through. Family Law in Canada only puts more strain on an already broken relationship. Bitterness, unfirgiveness- they kill you and those close to you. Divorce is so evil. Mediation might be a tad less resentment building?

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 08/03/14 07:44 PM

I found it suffocating and stifling, extremely uncomfortable and unnecessary. I wouldn't do it again....

Is it any different from being in a long-term relationship? Well, yeah, it's messier and a lot harder to get out of....

Why was it so suffocating, stifling and uncomfortable? Why more so than a long term relationship? Just because it was harder to get out of?

I'm guessing cause of the legality part of it. Its never a pretty picture when you get divorced. I was thrust in the middle of parents divorce, ever since then I despised courts and lawyers. It destroyed my mom in the process.

deltaDawnII's photo
Wed 07/30/14 09:26 PM
Thanks hun! ;)

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/27/14 11:21 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If they talk about sex right off the bat I quit talking to them simple as that..............waving

Yes.

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/27/14 11:14 PM
People get married for all the wrong reasons. Our culture has no traditions to teach youth the reality of marriage, like Jewish culture does.
If you are thinking of getting married because of what he/she does for you, its off to a weak start. If u think he/she accepts u exactly as u truly are- warts n all- like there is nothing u could do to make your partner dislike/disrespect you- there's hope- IF that is reciprocal.
Expect that there will be heartbreaks, disagreements and really difficult times. Be willing to face it together- with your spouses needs in mind, and be sure to pick a spouse who can do the same for you.
Marriage requires tonnes of give, give, give some more, and some take. If you both approach your journey together this way- your fights will be about how you get to bless each other and how much/ how little you can watch your spouse sacrifice.
Are you willing to lay your life down for this friend? That's a tough one...
How will you handle the times in life when your spouse is burnt out and has nothing left to give? Will u pout n tantrum n make it all about you? Will you do what you can to help? Have patience, compassion and understanding, encouragement, acceptance, offer kicks in the bum at just the right time with just the right amount of force and gentleness? Or do you have a pocket full of I told you so's?
Are his/her strengths complimentary to your weaknesses so it helps you get through life, and vice versa? Are you happy, whole and content before u meet a partner or does your partner fill a void that helps you escape facing its existence?
Is your list of "needs" longer than your list of "i have to offer's" or "I want to share's?"
Did u discuss kids- # of, discipline tactics &roles

finances- who prepares the budget, pays the bills, savings- how much

dreams- both met and unmet & priority

work schedules pre& post maternity,

leisure -activities, budget, how often

Are you willing to attend a pre-marriage conference/retreat and accept the true concerns that arise as a result and be willing to find mutual resolution that your spouse is happy with, and you can live with too? To talk about it until you reach mutual consent- in small doses if it is a difficult/ contentious topic. The one who angers you, controls you. Nobody can MAKE you feel anything; you allow it.
Do you know how to fight fairly- keeping it about the issue not your spouses character traits?
Are you a right fighter?
Does your partner feel better about themselves when you spend time together?
This is only the surface and the beginning. How are you at forgiveness when you both have failed miserably and been horrible to each other? Do you let this happen often/ regularly?
Do you always resort to thinking: "if he/she would only see it my way" before considering seeing it from your partners perspective?
Are you comprehending that romantic dates and gushy feelings for each other, good chemistry and fun times together are not how you discern if this is someone you can spend the rest of your life with?
I had no clue how important any of this was when I got married! Or divorced!
How are his relationships with family? How are her family relationships? Do you have compatible communication styles & can you be considerste of your partners communication needs?
What are you willing to give to spend the rest of your life doing whatever you can to make him/her happy?
Are your energy patterns compatible? Are your daytime/nightome, sleep wake patterns compatible?
How much driving do you like to do per day, week, month?
Oh... The list goes on!
Look back and see what you can learn. This whole essay is a list of what I have learned from being married and divorced.
Forgive. ... Yourself when you fail at this. If you can forgive yourself when you fail, you can forgive your spouse when they fail. Take as much good from it as you can. Forgive.... " Let it be water under the bridge.
Forgive. .." Remember your promises. Forgive...." Let it go. Forgive...." You want it? You go get it; It's nobody elses responsibility or fault! Forgive..."
Keep the kids first. Forgive. .."
Have a gentle answer rather than an angry response for all things. Forgive..."
Seek resolution to issues- stick only to the present issue if arguing incessantly is tempting. Forgive..."
Love and be kind always- even when they are angry, hurtful or rude, and espescially when you are angry! Forgive...
Shower and brush your teeth before bed:grin:
Be intentional about creating fun memories to get you through the tough times.
Be the first to apologise. You are the bravest!
Oh- and- don't compare! Don't compete! Don't keep score! Don't lie! Don't cheat! Don't
Hurt her! - actually- you will hurt each other. Not intentionally, I hope. But it is inevitable. How will you work it through?
Will you work it through? Or walk away and quit? How many things have you quit at in your life? What is your gut reaction to the word Perseverance? Long suffering? Hope for a future, plans to prosper?

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/27/14 10:17 PM
Thomas27:
That is some really mature and inciteful self actualisation. I am impressed.
For me: I couldn't see that when I wanted him to man-up like my Dad, it was demasculanising the poor guy.
By the time I realised that relationship was more important than what I wanted that day, and I asked him to forgive me- he couldn't.

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/27/14 10:15 PM
Thomas27:
That is some really mature and inciteful self actualisation. I am impressed.
For me: I couldn't see that when I wanted him to man-up like my Dad, it was demasculanising the poor guy.
By the time I realised that relationship was more important than what I wanted that day, and I asked him to forgive me- he couldn't.

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/27/14 10:10 PM
Nice to have a slow start with less dates to begin with. Once you get serious, and you know you care and are committed, but really miss them- you have to have a satisfying and content life outside of a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship to keep it working.

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 07/20/14 11:25 PM
Whatcha thinkn?

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 10:11 PM

personally when I meet a single guy whether or not they have children is one of my top "questions".... as a single mom and knowing the responsibilities that come with children, the amount of involvement that a dad has in their child's life says a lot about them. I would actually prefer to be in a relationship with a man that is raising their children at least has an active part in their children's lives because those are the men that get it, they understand the struggles of juggling time to do things for yourself...

amen sista!!

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 10:08 PM

Nothing hotter than a man who takes care of his kids!!! flowerforyou I agree

me too!

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 10:03 PM

Big Bird & Zdeno Chara rofl

rotfl!!!! lollllll.... good one!laugh tears

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 09:55 PM
Edited by deltaDawnII on Mon 05/05/14 09:56 PM
squeeze- til he is smiling,or melted- whichever comes 2nd! :wink:

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 09:45 PM
Edited by deltaDawnII on Mon 05/05/14 09:47 PM
I haven't made love in 8 years! well, had sexual intercourse, I guess, cuz that's all my ex could do...so- I prolly haven't made love in well over a decade, or a decade n a halfexplode

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 09:37 PM
pink Tank top, white boy shorts:banana:

deltaDawnII's photo
Mon 05/05/14 09:33 PM
they loved me!

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 05/04/14 03:36 PM
It's simple folks
God had a plan. He loved us, his kids, so much that he sent his only son, Jesus Christ to be the sacrifice to atone for each of our sins, so that we would not have to die, but have eternal life.

the ONLY way to heaven is through Jesus Christ- to say that you believe He was a man who walked the Earth, chose to be crucified, was buried in the tomb, and rose, then ascended to Heaven to go prepare a place with many rooms for us.

Sin, by the way, isn't just murder and adultery and lying/stealing.
many sins even look kind and thoughtfulon the surface.
a sin is anything that creates distance in our relationship/friendship with God, our father in heaven. just like we have friends who we pull away from for one reason or another.

deltaDawnII's photo
Sun 05/04/14 03:24 PM

. pass THE KLEENEX..

:( need a hug?

Previous 1