Community > Posts By > CrymeDogg

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:44 PM
When there is a knock at the door, and your not expecting it, it usually causes an inquisition, and nothing more. When it happens at 2:30 in the morning, that is altogether different. Who knocks on a door that late? Murderers, rapists and burglars don't usually knock, so that leaves cops, friends and relatives. Sarah Johns didn't have any friends that would dare knock on her door at this hour, that's what cell phones are for. Relatives were the same thing, they all had phones, and they would also know better then to knock on the door of a single women at home in the middle of the night.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:30 PM
How many college teams can say that they have had undefeated regular seasons 3 of the last 5 years? Yeah, Boise State is in a pretty weak conference, but you can only play the opponent that is put in front of you. And they just happen to win them all.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:28 PM
Ok, number one is Tombstone. "Why Johnny Ringo, it looks like someone just walked across your grave."

But holding a very very close second would be:

Lonesome Dove, the miniseries from like 20 years ago.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:23 PM
It's all fun and games until the shirtless guitar player spills loneliness all down the front of him again. Zing.......Just kidding. Tell me that Sally wasn't hot back in the day? Before the plastic surgeon turned her in to a big lipped wax figurine.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:20 PM
Okay, yeah, if you couldn't tell from my picture, I am a Boise State Bronco Fan. Save your comments about how they could never compete in the SEC, or beat Texas, blah blah blah. They beat Oklahoma in a bowl game that Boise State controlled for the ENTIRE game. Anyhow, Florida and Oklahoma? Maybe Florida and Texas. What are your thoughts?

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:14 PM
Thanks. I am married, if you didn't read my profile. I feel guilty for wanting a woman to talk to, and wanted to get some opinions about it.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 10:13 PM
What are your favorite songs and why?
Favorite shows you went to?
What were you doing when you found out Jerry died?

To answer my own questions:

Favorite songs: Friend of the Devil, slow version. I have loved that song since the first time I heard it while serving in the Persian Gulf in Operation Desert Storm. It was the first Grateful Dead song that I ever heard that wasn't Touch Of Grey, or Truckin. It has always stuck with me.
Uncle John's band. I just love the guitar melodies most of all on this one.
Morning Dew. It may just be my imagination, but when I saw The Dead at Shoreline in 1992, I know Jerry was in pretty poor health, but there was something about the mood of the crowd during that song that seemed almost touching, and it seemed like Jerry felt it also.
Samson and Delilah. First song I ever heard sung by someone other then Jerry. Saw it live at Shoreline, and loved it ever since.

Favorite show: Shoreline Amphitheater, 2nd night. Encore was Johnny be good.

I was driving a truck, over the road in Northern Idaho when I heard Jerry died.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:54 PM
Edited by CrymeDogg on Mon 12/15/08 09:56 PM
I live in an interesting world where I don't really have anyone to talk to. Sure, there are the usual suspects, but a lot of the people around me seem to be either depressed, hurting, or shallow. Can a man and a woman be just friends, knowing full well that it is just A FRIENDSHIP where they can talk about things that is bugging them, and have someone listen? It may be too much to ask. What do you think? If you read my profile, you may get a little better understanding where this question is coming from.

no photo
Mon 12/15/08 09:27 PM
I lit out from Reno
I was trailed by twenty hounds
Didn't get to sleep last night
till the morning came around

Set out running
But I'll take my time
Friend of the devil
Is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight
Just might get some sleep tonight.