Community > Posts By > TheRebelSun

TheRebelSun's photo
Fri 03/27/09 01:54 PM

I HON3STLY DONT KNOW Y IT BOTH3RS U ALL FOR M3 TO US3 3'S INST3AD OF E'S...THIS JUS TH3 WAY I TYP3 IF U AYNT LYK3 IT TH3N IM SRY...AYNT GUNA CHANG3 KUZ U ALL AYNT LYK3 IT...devil

because it's retarded, and people who mistype on purpose only serve to make themselves look really immature and/or unintelligent, just trying to help you out, but I guess you're aiming for those quality guys that dig the whole "l33t" scene, ya' know, like all the 12 year olds at the mall and stuff. rofl

LMAO right.

TheRebelSun's photo
Fri 02/06/09 09:45 AM

Another twist... "he" is alive after all. What will Sun do now? Tune in next week... ANOTHER WEEK OF WAITING!!! NOOOOO!!!

Note, if anyone on this show has a God complex, it's Jack. He thinks he can fix everything. Very common among highly skilled surgeons. He is the "Shepherd" after all.

Will she believe Jin is alive? Or will she shoot Ben?

The wait continues..............................

and I am still LOSTshades

Whatta show last night!

My fave scenes were when they were in that cannoe(can't get more exciting than that!) and when Jin is talking to "young" Danielle! Who saw that coming!!!noway

....and what are the implications now that the "future" has mingled with the "past"?what biggrin

that was too funny:laughing:

Now I wonder who can anyone trust?
I know Ben is only looking out for himself...

Ben isn't looking out for himself. Ben is only looking out for the island. That's his only concern and he will protect the island at ANY cost. I don't think he's as evil as the first 3 seasons made him out to be. Yes, he's manipulative and selfish but when it boils down to it, everything he has done has been for the protection of the island.

I still find it difficult to trust Ben. It appears he will stop at nothing in order to accomplish his goal.

You're right. He will stop at nothing to keep from losing the most valuable discovery on Earth. The question is, which is more evil, Ben or Charles?

TheRebelSun's photo
Fri 02/06/09 05:32 AM

Another twist... "he" is alive after all. What will Sun do now? Tune in next week... ANOTHER WEEK OF WAITING!!! NOOOOO!!!

Note, if anyone on this show has a God complex, it's Jack. He thinks he can fix everything. Very common among highly skilled surgeons. He is the "Shepherd" after all.

Whatta show last night!

My fave scenes were when they were in that cannoe(can't get more exciting than that!) and when Jin is talking to "young" Danielle! Who saw that coming!!!noway

....and what are the implications now that the "future" has mingled with the "past"?what biggrin

that was too funny:laughing:

Now I wonder who can anyone trust?
I know Ben is only looking out for himself...

Ben isn't looking out for himself. Ben is only looking out for the island. That's his only concern and he will protect the island at ANY cost. I don't think he's as evil as the first 3 seasons made him out to be. Yes, he's manipulative and selfish but when it boils down to it, everything he has done has been for the protection of the island.

TheRebelSun's photo
Thu 02/05/09 01:37 PM

Whatta show last night!

According to Faraday nothing can be changed no matter what they do. So there must not be any implications. Now it's a matter of... how will Sun find Jin if Jin is way back in the past?

TheRebelSun's photo
Thu 02/05/09 11:40 AM

stephen kings 'it'

they all float. and when youre down here with me, YOULL FLOAT TOO.

That had a theatrical release?

sure did. 1990. im not sure if it was shot for television or what, but it was pretty damn creppy. tim curry plays pennywise the clown.

I saw that and it was scary!noway

i saw it when it first came on TV, and it scared the absolute $hit outta me! hell, it completely ruined me on clowns, as it did with god knows how many other kids.

buuuuuuut, i bought it a few years ago, thinking that it would be great to have the hell scared outta me again, and was sorely disapointed.

"This is battery acid!" *pssh pssh*.... weak. When I was a kid I thought the movie was great, until the ending. Thought it was weak back then, can't imagine watching it again. Pennywise was creepy though.

TheRebelSun's photo
Thu 02/05/09 01:21 AM
Edited by TheRebelSun on Thu 02/05/09 01:25 AM

TheRebelSun's photo
Thu 02/05/09 01:13 AM
The Earth is flat. Oh wait... yeah, thousands of years ago people said a lot of crap. They said this and that to explain to themselves and their peers and children why things were the way they are. Mythology. Theology based on myth. Myth - a traditional story accepted as history to explain the world view of people. Therefore, religion, being unproven and based on blind faith, and being a traditional story being accepted as factual history, is mythology. Doesn't sound "sane" or "faithful" though to admit that religion is mythology.

The Bible is basically a collective memoir. It's taken from the authors perspective. People are flawed, therefore the authors were flawed. Some of it is actually historically accurate. Just like a lot of other mythology. Every single ancient culture has an ancient flood story. Some of the Bible is highly questionable, doubt able, and unprovable. People instantly turning into pillars of salt? I believe many phrases to be taken out of context or to be colorful creativity on the authors part. Turning a "rod into a snake," and, "parting the sea," and "The entire Earth flooded." Either those were parlor tricks by crafty magicians, the author was so uneducated to believe such nonsense, or the events themselves were blown out of proportion to make the story more fantastic.

When you are in the dark ages and know absolutely nothing about the world in its entirety, it's easy to assume the ENTIRE world flooded. There has been much evidence that certain parts of the middle east were indeed severely flooded around the time that scripture was written. There is also proof that the tides have not always been at the same levels, as most of the water would have been locked up in glaciers during the ice age. Once the glaciers melted off and the ice age was coming to an end, many places on Earth did become flooded, just like many places that were once oceanic, are now deserts.

It's hard to look past something that's been ingrained into your mind, especially when you're told that if you question it, you are being disrespectful to that idealism.

Another aspect of our reality, faith or not, is that the universe, as infinite as it is, would be a waste if we were the ONLY floating rock with intelligent life on it. Whose to say (religious or not) that "God" wouldn't create more worlds with more creatures? Why wouldn't He/She? Yes, these creatures would be "aliens" as we describe them.

Maybe Noah didn't actually build a boat. Maybe he built a spacecraft. Just throwing that out there.

I'm Agnostic. I don't know the answer, I just like these discussions. I DO know however, what science, led by highly intelligent people with knowledge passed down generation to generation and experiences to prove and disprove ideas, has dictated possible and not possible. Outside of an emotional bond to a religion, one can make a more logical, reasonable judgment on what can and cannot be real. Science still has a long way to go before we can explain so many more things that will eventually prove or disprove "God". Some believe we can evolve to a "God-like" level. The 46 and 2 theory is interesting, and not necessarily outside of scientific plausibility. I believe that if we knew how to use 100% of our brains, we would probably be capable of some miraculously unbelievable things. Perhaps, should we not kill each other first, we will eventually evolve to that point.

Perhaps science is the proverbial "Tower of Babel". Although that leads me to another discussion of God altogether. Everyone united to become more and more intelligent and God separated them and confused them and cut off their communication from one another. That doesn't seem like a plan for the better of mankind when you put it that way, huh? There is peace in unity. What, I must ask, was God afraid of? Now we have cultures hating each other because of prejudice and racism and intolerance of faith and heritage, all just one big perpetual misunderstanding.

Jesus was a good guy. I think he and Buddha would have gotten along very well. Maybe they DID.

Adaptation is a part of evolution, and should be an easy enough thing to see that no one should have to question it, but alas, some people don't want to believe what's right in front of their face if it's not their ideal reality. It is this ignorance that holds us back as a species.

Mankind became "aware" about 40-60K years ago. This is about the same time that a few of our other primate relatives became extinct. We were smarter, faster, and more creative, and just like we still do today, we consumed more resources, and killed those who threatened our resources so that we could have them all to ourselves.

As far as "Aliens" go. I personally think that everything on this Earth is alien. I don't believe that any life form was native to this planet in the beginning. I think it was delivered here in frozen meteorites. Started out as basic and simple, and adapted, and adapted again, and adapted some more until eventually, here we are. Octopuses, alligators, protozoa, fungus, and dogs. Just my silly theory.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:49 AM
The Unborn. I want my money back.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:48 AM
You should read the original Brothers Grimm fairytales. Not the childrens modern politically correct versions.

Sleeping Beauty was actually poisoned by her father so that the prince could rape her so she would bare a royal child.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:08 AM

That's what they are doing!
if you don't except it then you are closed minded and a bigot?
guess what, all the text books have went from BC TO BCE CHRIST IS GONE FROM THE SCHOOLS
why don't christians get the same treatment as homo's and baby killers? because we have morals and standards

"Christ" or Jesus does NOT belong in our schools. That is a religion. Religion belongs in Church, not our schools.

Why? Because this country is not all Christian. There are many different faiths.

Who do Christians think they are anyway? They are NOT the only people in the world.

Also, Christians are NOT the only people who have Morals and standards. That is sooo arrogant of you to think that only Christians have morals and standards.

Geeeeze, no wonder you don't get the respect you think you deserve.

this country was founded on CHRISTIANS BELIEFS!!!
it's only from ignorant people that believe in if it feels good do it belief that argue with me.
btw:if you believe in killing babies and homosexuality you don't have any morals

This country was founded by people who were wanting to ESCAPE religious persecution. They wanted to worship in their own way. That's why FREEDOM OF RELIGION is a part of the Bill of Rights. That's why there is a SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. So that people aren't persecuted for being Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Presbyterian, and whatever else they have a RIGHT to be.

Coexistence/tolerance was a philosophy of Jesus. Why is that so hard for Christians to understand?

Christians understand it. The extremists don't.

Sorry, I didn't mean to generalize. I know some of you get it.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:05 AM
With eyes like those, yeah, he likes ya.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 09:01 AM

I'd have to say the newest release of "Halloween" by Rob Zombie. Rape,incest, sensless murder, fratricide,matricide,patricide all them other cides' Dont get me wrong i love a movie with a lil bit of the ultra violence, but in most cases there's a purpose( to squash evil,get the bad guy,war, etc)a sense of good and evil, where as in the rob zombie flick it's just pure immorality, with no other intentions than to promote the satanic lifestyle these types of bands promote to impressionable teenagers mostly too cowardly to accept responsibility. Welcome in a generation of God hating, blaming others, lazy, disrespectful, punk azz "hardcore" , poor me its my parents fault, "misunderstood" whiny, gonna shoot up the school cause you were mean to me in highschool,gonna experiment in homosexuality cause MTv said it was cool,......... *settles down*shocked oops my bad! Got carried away.But that's the price of freedom in this country, for every person out there trying to do good and make a better world, there 3 more trying to thwart it in the name of "the world owes you" !

Hahah, it's just a movie. And it wasn't Rob Zombie's creation. Just his vision of John Carpenter's creation.

You bring up some interesting points. Promoting a Satanic lifestyle? It's just a movie dude. No one's going to turn into Michael Myers because they saw the movie. You're referring to Black Metal, and Black Metal is really not all that popular, MTV wouldn't touch it because it doesn't get the teeny boppers attention.
Yeah, those kids probably did shoot up the school because kids were mean to them. Very mean to them. Maybe if the mean kids parents would have taught them they don't poop gold, they wouldn't have been mean and karma wouldn't have bit them in the butt.
You love some ultra-violence? That's not very Christian of you. A movie, is a movie. Regardless of the content. If a person can't discern reality from fantasy, be it violence or sex or drug use, THEY are the problem. Not the movie.

Carry on.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 08:54 AM

That's what they are doing!
if you don't except it then you are closed minded and a bigot?
guess what, all the text books have went from BC TO BCE CHRIST IS GONE FROM THE SCHOOLS
why don't christians get the same treatment as homo's and baby killers? because we have morals and standards

"Christ" or Jesus does NOT belong in our schools. That is a religion. Religion belongs in Church, not our schools.

Why? Because this country is not all Christian. There are many different faiths.

Who do Christians think they are anyway? They are NOT the only people in the world.

Also, Christians are NOT the only people who have Morals and standards. That is sooo arrogant of you to think that only Christians have morals and standards.

Geeeeze, no wonder you don't get the respect you think you deserve.

this country was founded on CHRISTIANS BELIEFS!!!
it's only from ignorant people that believe in if it feels good do it belief that argue with me.
btw:if you believe in killing babies and homosexuality you don't have any morals

This country was founded by people who were wanting to ESCAPE religious persecution. They wanted to worship in their own way. That's why FREEDOM OF RELIGION is a part of the Bill of Rights. That's why there is a SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. So that people aren't persecuted for being Hindu, Buddhist, Catholic, Presbyterian, and whatever else they have a RIGHT to be.

Coexistence/tolerance was a philosophy of Jesus. Why is that so hard for Christians to understand?

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 12:58 AM

Most people have as much substance as the music.

In a nutshell, they relate.

Simple music for simple minds?

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 12:17 AM

something else thats odd they mayan calender ends in 2012

I think that is the main point. The crossing of galactic equator was "fudged" to confirm to 2012 date from Mayan calendar.

The year 2012 is also relevant to the Chinese I-Ching.

Two totally different cultures on opposite sides of the world, coming to the same conclusion. Coincidence? I think not.

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 12:10 AM
Operation Mindcrime - Queensryche

TheRebelSun's photo
Tue 02/03/09 12:08 AM

That is why I wind up listening to stuff like the Murderdolls....lol

Keep in mind that most of today's music is meant for young people who don't have the savvy to truly digest music more complex than three chords.

Yessir.

It's all about repetition. Easy repetitive melodies that require no thought to process. Repetitive lyrics that catch the juveniles attention. Repetitive songwriting formula. Songs that are easily learned and played by those garage band types that idolize the latest MTV/radio band.

Bach, Beethoven, and Tchaikovsky are rolling in their graves.

TheRebelSun's photo
Mon 02/02/09 11:54 PM
Word.

TheRebelSun's photo
Mon 02/02/09 10:35 PM
I thought Rob Zombie's Halloween was pretty good. It filled in a lot of gaps from the original one. It actually introduced you to Michael Myers before he was "MICHAEL MYERS". That said, it was your typical horror movie for the most part. Teenage chicks screaming and running around half-naked being chased by some psychopath. I LOVE his House of 1,000 Corpses franchise and I hope he continues it somehow, like a prequel maybe.

What would truly be scary is a good Ed Gein movie. Can't beat true stories, adds so much to the creep factor.

I'm tired of the whole comic book to movie thing. Other than Iron Man and 300 most of them don't impress me much. Most of them suck.

I wish directors would go back to the old school special effects too. REAL material looks REAL. CGI is fake, and looks fake. Why oh why don't they get that? Money over artistry. Shameful.

TheRebelSun's photo
Mon 02/02/09 10:24 PM
Descent with Rosario Dawson (not the one with the chicks in the cave)

Jacob's Ladder

Previous 1 3 4 5