Community > Posts By > Lindamgd

Lindamgd's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:19 PM
Is it too late to get a copy of your short story? I just got home from a basketball game!

Lindamgd's photo
Tue 01/27/09 08:05 PM
:angel: I just wanted to get this (back) in the forefront.

Lindamgd's photo
Tue 01/27/09 01:55 PM
Edited by Lindamgd on Tue 01/27/09 01:56 PM

No pay just serendipity!

Lindamgd's photo
Tue 01/27/09 01:38 PM
I recently had the opportunity to order this book. A week ago it arrived. Yesterday I finished it. Reading it was like watching a movie, and I usually don't get up in the middle of a movie. Thus I found it very hard to put down.

The process was very interesting, and I wonder if anyone else found this to be so? For me it was more than reading a book/watching a movie. The "Parts" could be taken out of it, analyzed, reflected upon, even wondered about in my 'heart of hearts' how much of this might already be going on.

What say you?

Lindamgd's photo
Mon 01/26/09 09:48 AM
Edited by Lindamgd on Mon 01/26/09 10:05 AM

bigsmile the concept is okay... but its a copy, then why not do something of your own.. From the deep recesses of your mind? If your talented enough to copy this .. Maybe you should express you and not others works? jmobigsmile

durtydduck

I can't email you.tears I would love to see some of your work.

I wish Lex could open a forum for art work!

Lindamgd's photo
Mon 01/26/09 09:36 AM
Edited by Lindamgd on Mon 01/26/09 09:59 AM
flowerforyou flowers

Lindamgd's photo
Mon 01/26/09 09:32 AM
Edited by Lindamgd on Mon 01/26/09 10:03 AM

I am an artist and the way I plan a painting is by doing thumbnails on the computer to arrange my picture the way I want and then I paint it on canvas.

I sometimes borrow ideas and items from some of the old masters paintings, or from photos I take in putting together the thumbnails.

Here is a painting I am planning that is a self portrait of me when I was about 27 years old. I merged it with a painting and changed the lions the way I wanted. It will be painted on a 24 by 36 inch canvas.

Shall I paint this picture? Vote yes or no.

The design is similar to a design we have been using in our tarot deck called "strength" below:

Here is the thumbnail of the proposed painting put together on the computer, with my face on it:

I like the original, read all the suggestions, and from my heart feel that the outcome will be awesome. How long will it take you to paint?

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 03:43 PM
flowers nice pictures.

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 03:33 PM
I am trying to pull together an answer to all of your thoughts. I found the art on your profile interesting AND creative.

I have found I can only speak for myself. I like people in general. I like experiencing the interactions as if there is a gift there for both of us. I have believed in unconditional love since I met my husband around the AA tables more than 20 years ago. I know for a fact if I treat disagreements as the beginning of a win/win dialogue, I end up being satisfied. My wish for you is to meet someone who believes in you for who you are.

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 03:17 PM

waving
Hi linda hows your day :)

Getting back to normal since my mother-in-law passed. She was a dear woman.

Who is that sweet little babe on your profile?

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 02:32 PM
waving

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 01:47 PM

I've met 2 guys, 1 was a nice guy but we didn't last long. The other I have been with since September smitten

I've also made quite a few friends/ drinking buddies drinks

Bless your heart! It sounds like the guy you are with isn't a nice guy. I just know he is, but you have to say so!:wink:

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:57 AM
I can't live in 'cynicalism'!frown At age 63, every moment of my life is needed in living 'a glass half full'!biggrin

Lindamgd's photo
Sat 01/24/09 09:48 AM
In between adding a few mountains, valleys, and pine trees to my current oil on wood, I have been reading Lex's first book, "Moving Day" I have only had it two day. I couldn't put it down last night when it was time for me to go to bed.:cry: . Don't let the cry face deter you into thinking it is a sad book. Far from that. I felt as if I was the person in the misplaced house and on one 'far out' adventure.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you Lex. This has been yet another reason why joining mingle2 has been so rewarding.

Lindamgd's photo
Thu 01/22/09 12:25 PM

I'm not an artist. Hell, I can't even put two lines together.

But my ex g/f is an artist. She works with acrylic paints most of the time. She has painted on everything from wood to glass. She just recently ( over the Summer ) painted a mural on the outside of someone's house.

She has a website at www.christysartwork.com

I just checked her site. she is very, very good!

Lindamgd's photo
Thu 01/22/09 11:46 AM
Just joined you for a few minutes. We are going to my mother-in-law's wake. I have some questions about putting pictures up, but another time, another day. Just wanted to saywaving

Lindamgd's photo
Thu 01/22/09 10:55 AM

I really, really would like to see some others' art work. Mine, currently in the beginning stages is about distant mountains, and as I am developing it, by brush strokes moving down the wood surface, I have swished some color hoping to see where to move next. I had hoped it would be more beautiful scenery, but instead, it looks like the Green Hornet flashing by on a bicycle, helmet on, head bent low.rofl

I can't seem to move my pictures from my profile over to these postings. You'd have to see it there.

I got rid of the Green Hornet and added some pine trees.smile2

Lindamgd's photo
Thu 01/22/09 10:51 AM
waving flowerforyou

Lindamgd's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:53 PM

Topiclees party Yeah.
I 'll bring pizza what do you all like on it?

sauce and cheesebigsmile

green peppers and onionsbigsmile

Lindamgd's photo
Wed 01/21/09 03:47 PM

waving

Carold? Someone's looking for you! Said they have a new baby they want you to see. Look for > 50 Heyy I'm back!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9