Community > Posts By > themysterious1

themysterious1's photo
Sun 07/20/14 10:07 AM
Guys like you blow it for the good guys out there,

themysterious1's photo
Mon 07/14/14 06:36 PM
Doesn't sound like you need to be on here. Need to be on the court somewhere taking your shirt off and impressing the ladies. Why bother joining a dating site? Sounds like you have it all planned out.

themysterious1's photo
Mon 07/14/14 05:51 AM

Its not easy for a single parent of either gender but there are tons of women who either don't mind or even prefer dads. I'm going to be honest. One of your biggest problems is your profile pic. I don't care about looks but I still judge by picture. Example: guy wearing 5 x too big clothes. With beer in one hand and throwing a gang sign with the other would get an auto reject. My point is you look soooo grumpy an no fun so I would pass you by and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Plus I'll pass you a tip I was given. Don't put so much of your kids on your profile. Just state a quick mention and save the details till later. Concentrate on you first.

LOL ok I was trying to figure out how to use the web camera. So I changed my profile pic. Thanks for the advice. I do agree with you about pics thou.

themysterious1's photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:36 PM

I myself received a lot of viewings..
over the past several months!
and I'm pretty sure, that most of them did not message me ,because I have kids.. even know I make it clear !..that I'm not looking for someone to marry,,.. not looking for a replacement mother...
but I do not blame someone.
our fault them for not wanting to step into a instant family..
heck I would sooner date a single woman with no children.. then a lady with children.. but to be honest it's not the first thing I notice.. I think it depends on the age of the children...
. mine are old enough.. at the age that allows me to go on dates...
. I think I look for a ladies personality first. I try to keep an open mind..
but at the sametime.. them having children does factor into it. are not.
.. the universe is very mysterious..
. The Brady Bunch.. great now I have that song stuck in my head...lmao

In response to this and then some things in general.

No 1,
I've read your profile and it gives a pretty good glimpse of who you are. I think ladies not messaging you doesn't have to do with you having kids, but with the not looking for marriage part. I think maybe some people don't read further to where you are open to possibilities.
Furthermore, I think many ladies have a little crush on you when they get to know you on the forums.
flowerforyou

As a person who has at least made the effort with two single dads, I would have to ask how much of your life are you willing to share? This is a question for any single parent. I'm not a parent but willing to be in a relationship with someone who is. Yet, I believe in being equal partners in the relationship. One of the single dads I tried with was my first love who became interested again twenty years later. We went out a few times, looked like something good was developing so I asked him where I would fit in with his family and his daughter. He said his daughter is his business and why can't we just leave things as they are. If I don't have a full place in someone's life, then maybe I'm not the right person for them.
So it's a question of how full a relationship do you want?
Wishing luck to all the single hearts out there, single parents or just single.

That just doesnt go for the single dads it goes for the single woman as well how much time do they have to spare? It shouldnt give them the right to judge you bc you are a single dad. I read all these ladies profiles on here on how they are sick of head games and guys only out for one thing but they pass up guys that they dont even get to know or ask where they would fit or how much time does somebody have to set a side for a relationship. They go as far as reading you are a single dad and thats as far as the read on to the next guy. I just think that if guys would stop giving the single moms all the time just bc they want to get laid then dump them they would see how hard it really is.Im not asking for special treatment or anything like that I just find it funny how the women act after seeing you are a single dad. Thats what places like this is for is to get to know people and go from there.

themysterious1's photo
Sun 07/13/14 06:05 AM
I think I was just being more respectful to the ladies that don't have kids by not writing them. I have wrote a few that don't so we shall see.

themysterious1's photo
Fri 07/11/14 11:33 AM
I agree I dont even message the ladies that have already raised their kids bc to be honest once mine are grown I want to have fun also. Its sorta like my time. I will take your advice and not limit myself to just woman with kids. I will look to see if the single ladies would like to have kids. I was just trying to be nice by not messaging them. I do think that it is easier for a woman than man because so many more man are only out for one thing so they dont care if the woman has kids or not.

themysterious1's photo
Fri 07/11/14 07:43 AM
I am a single father of 2 boys ages 12 and 13, I can see that there is like a double standard on here. Its ok for single moms to be looking for a single dad with no kids If you have kids like my situation you might as well forget it If I didn't have my kids would that change things? I try not to write anybody that doesn't have kids just bc I wouldn't think somebody that doesn't have kids would be interested in somebody with kids. Kind of a respect thing. You think to yourself I dont want to date a guy with kids but you are wanting the same thing somebody to date you when you have kids. So my question is why is it so different for me and not woman? IF i didnt have my kids I would be a LOSER or a dead beat.