Community > Posts By > allnamestaken

allnamestaken's photo
Fri 01/30/09 10:44 PM
OMG... I just realized you are only 21... Your thinking is very clear to me now...

allnamestaken's photo
Fri 01/30/09 10:41 PM

Sorry to hear about that. I never joke about sex on the first couple of dates because I don't want things going in the wrong direction.
I was having a conversation with my male roommate the other day about this and told him that I end up losing guys I'm dating because I won't sleep with them for a few weeks or a month while I get to know them and decide if I really want a relationship with them. I don't really care because they are apparently not guys I wanna date anyway. He mentioned this to a group of his friends who all said they would dump me after a week or two if I hadn't put out. One guy said he had an $80 rule. If he'd spent $80 on a girl and she hadn't slept with him he was gone. Is this really what we've come to???

no pricks like that tend to live in packs... and 80 dollors on a date..YA RIGHT... im taking her to the zoo and to get some ice cream and then a walk in the park...80 dollors... ya right only if shes my girlfriend

They didn't mean $80 on ONE date but that is very easy to do in St. Louis anyway... It wouldn't be hard to get to $80 dollars on three of your ideal dates either so is that the cutoff??? Even if it takes 10 dates to get to the established cutoff, I am deeply saddened to hear that men who have made it to their early thirties could still think this way...

allnamestaken's photo
Thu 01/29/09 05:42 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I never joke about sex on the first couple of dates because I don't want things going in the wrong direction.
I was having a conversation with my male roommate the other day about this and told him that I end up losing guys I'm dating because I won't sleep with them for a few weeks or a month while I get to know them and decide if I really want a relationship with them. I don't really care because they are apparently not guys I wanna date anyway. He mentioned this to a group of his friends who all said they would dump me after a week or two if I hadn't put out. One guy said he had an $80 rule. If he'd spent $80 on a girl and she hadn't slept with him he was gone. Is this really what we've come to???

allnamestaken's photo
Thu 01/29/09 05:29 PM
I'd make baseball season last all year long.

allnamestaken's photo
Tue 01/27/09 09:17 PM
Hate... Whether that hate different races, religions, gays, or little puppies... Can't date someone who is full of hate towards other people... or puppies... slaphead

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:26 PM

I let it go... I've been rejected plenty for various reasons. There are many fish in the sea... biggrin

sure is a lot of fish in the sea, but I catch one ocassionally and I want to skin it, unless you are here to play catch and release! :laughing:

I only throw back what I won't eat... laugh

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:17 PM
I let it go... I've been rejected plenty for various reasons. There are many fish in the sea... biggrin

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:13 PM

sometimes, some girls lead the guy on and cut him off...mad

me, I just dont let that happen.

Actually, I told him right away I wasn't interested and wished him luck. I never lead someone on if I know from the start that I'm not interested in him.

it could be the rejection that made him mad! brokenheart

If you are gonna get mad over rejection you do not need to be on a dating website....

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:10 PM
I'm not sure if they get higher or lower. I think they just change. The things that were really important to you when you were younger aren't as important but other things that weren't so important then become deal breakers as you get older. I think this is especially true if you have children.

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:05 PM
I agree... cute...

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 10:00 PM

sometimes, some girls lead the guy on and cut him off...mad

me, I just dont let that happen.

Actually, I told him right away I wasn't interested and wished him luck. I never lead someone on if I know from the start that I'm not interested in him.

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 09:51 PM
I had a guy send me a message but I really wasn't interested in him especially with him living about an hour away from me. I politely told him I wasn't interested. He e-mailed me back all p*ssed off talking about how lazy I am that I won't drive that far and that I was acting like I would have to buy a ticket for a flight or something. I couldn't what a jerk he was. Now I'm glad I didn't talk to him.

allnamestaken's photo
Mon 01/26/09 07:16 PM
I have but I realized I didn't really want to be in those relationships anyway... I've been in other relationships where I never wanted to be out of them...

allnamestaken's photo
Sun 01/25/09 11:21 AM
Ummm.... idiots... well, the last date I had was making inappropriate jokes about other races as we walked around the mall after dinner... I left him there.... another called the day after our first date (which barely ended with a kiss) and asked if he could sleepover that night... ummm... no... these are my definitions of idiots...

allnamestaken's photo
Sun 01/25/09 11:14 AM
Honestly, I can't remember the last time I dated a man who made as much or more money than me. The last guy I dated seriously made a little over half what I make but he was my best friend. That's what really matters. I don't want to date someone who lives in a cardboard box but I believe there are many things much more important in a relationship than money. I've actually had a few men that didn't want to date me anymore after they found out about my income because they couldn't date a woman who made more money than them. Go figure....

allnamestaken's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:59 AM

waving Hello Rachel! How long has it been since you've had an idiot in your life?

flowerforyou Welcome and enjoy the site. flowerforyou

It has actually been several months... I really am trying to break the cycle....

allnamestaken's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:52 AM
Awww... I feel so welcome already.... blushing

allnamestaken's photo
Sun 01/25/09 09:42 AM
Hello. My name is Rachel and I'm an idiot magnet.... I'm in recovery though...
I've tried dating sites before without much luck. I'm not sure if this will be any different but the forums here are great. You guys sound like a great group of people.
So, a little bit about me:
I love long walks on the beach drinking a Mr. Pibb.
In addition to English, I speak sarcasm fluently.
And, I do not own any cats....