Community > Posts By > MelodyGirl

MelodyGirl's photo
Thu 09/23/10 01:07 PM

I just got the worst of the worst pop-ups.

When I click to close the box, I get an alert box, “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?”

If I click “OK” it tries to take me to the virus site. If I click “cancel” the page doesn’t close and the alert box pops up again.

In other words, you have to click something or the alert still beeps. Whatever you click takes you to the ad site which usually has a worm.

I have to open my task manage and “end task” which closes all of my windows and I lose my work.

This doesn’t not make me smile.

Those are bad and hard to get rid of. Boot up in safe mode and run your virus scan....

Yep, I have done that too. :thumbsup:

It seems every navigation link I click on Mingle now results in a pop up. It used to be one every so often but I can't change the page without the pop ups.

Even with smileys??? Really??? I can't click a smiley without a pop up??

This is not good.

MelodyGirl's photo
Thu 09/23/10 01:00 PM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Thu 09/23/10 01:01 PM
I just got the worst of the worst pop-ups.

When I click to close the box, I get an alert box, “Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?”

If I click “OK” it tries to take me to the virus site. If I click “cancel” the page doesn’t close and the alert box pops up again.

In other words, you have to click something or the alert still beeps. Whatever you click, you are stuck and the window won't close.

I have to open my task manage and “end task” which closes all of my windows and I lose my work.

Yes, the pop ups have increase by 100% today.

This doesn’t not make me smile.

MelodyGirl's photo
Thu 09/23/10 11:54 AM
Welcome to Mingle. :thumbsup:

Join the forums, read a book, go for a walk, go to school or volunteer. You won't be bored. winking

MelodyGirl's photo
Thu 09/23/10 12:52 AM

people cheat because they want to and they can....by the way, is there any cake left???

I think so .... Let me check!

*stumbles to the kitchen and opens the fridge*

Yes! Here you are ... it's the last piece.

MelodyGirl's photo
Thu 09/23/10 12:49 AM
Welcome drinker

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 09:17 PM

For Goof and Gearhead! flowers

Ahhhhhhh! Memories of Vegas. love :wink:

So you DO remember our honeymoon!!! :banana:

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 08:45 PM

Melody, I want a slice of your cake too.flowerforyou

Mike ... flowerforyou

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 08:43 PM
For Goof and Gearhead! flowers

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 08:30 PM
Why are you yelling at us?? tears

This is not a complicated question.

People cheat because they are narcissistic cowards. They want their cake and eat it too.

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 03:33 PM
Please stop using the term "females"! Ick! It's such an insult. :angry:

Ladies, women and girls are much nicer terms. "Females" is too urban. ill

Thanks for allowing me to vent! flowerforyou

You keep spamming the forums; I hope you have luck soon. drinker

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 10:27 AM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Wed 09/22/10 10:28 AM
Take responsibility for your own actions. She said she is not "ready". Regardless of whether that is true or not - the fact is she is just not that into you. School is tough but if she really liked you - she would find time.

The text from the cousin is a stupid, immature game. Did she also pass you a note in class?? slaphead That is manipulation and is no bueno. Red flags are all over the place; she might be playing games. Is that the type of girl you want?

She is playing into your affection for one reason or another; however, you have control over the way you deal with the situation. Don't be wishy-washy like her.

Move on and good luck. :thumbsup:

MelodyGirl's photo
Wed 09/22/10 09:42 AM
Welcome drinker

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:24 PM
Google the partial lyrics. I've found songs with a minimum of keywords.

I hate that feeling too, btw! :angry:

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:19 PM

You know, like the housewife in "Step Brothers" that went psycho for Dale.

I vote yes, they are.

What say ye, internet community?

Crazy hot guy or girls are high maintenance on not worth the few seconds of “fun”.

I think its funny when people go after hot and crazy, and then complain later. laugh

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:17 PM

i'm interested!!!! :heart: blushing love smitten

Perv!! laugh flowerforyou

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:16 PM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 11:22 PM

Well if you mean hooking up as in one night stands, I doubt there is much of that.. People get on here and become friends, males and females... There are a lot of cool people here..

There is a choice for "intimate encounters" which I know some choose as what they're looking for, I think you can search by that but not sure..

Joy!! flowerforyou I just said almost the exact thing to him in another thread. Great minds think alike! drinker

The site is legit but one-night stands are not the mainstay.

I noticed your headline says, "These never work". Dating sites do work but not necessarily for what you want. As Joy said, go to AFF or Craig's List. Wear a body condom though! surprised laugh

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:13 PM

Doesnt seem like many people are here to hook up...no?

Join the forums to meet active members. :thumbsup:

If you are just here for a one-night stand hook up, you may not have that much luck. Most people socialize and make friends first.

I hope you find what you are looking for ... winking

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 10:31 PM
Welcome drinker

The site really works! We have many couples, some married, who met on Mingle and still post in the forums.

I've met a lot of girlie friends as well as dates on Mingle. It's great! I like the friendships as much as the romances. :thumbsup:

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 10:12 PM

Maybe if he put "No women who have spawned..." ? Lol!

Sometimes I can get away with saying, "NO breeders!! laugh

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 08:00 PM

Interesting responses: MelodyGirl, I agree that anyone can have whatever preferences they want, and they should be upfront about the type of person they are seeking. However, I still think that this woman's email was an example of venomous bigotry. All she needed to say in her email to me was that she preferred a man of her own ethnic background. I would not have been offended in the least by that. She also could have simply not responded. As for her not knowing about text etiquette, this woman claimed to be college educated and a teacher. She had to be living under a rock not to know that all caps conveys anger. With all of this in mind, I truly believe that this woman had an axe to grind. I would like to see if anyone else had a similar experience, whether it be because of ethnicity, religion, gender, or any other characteristic.

Your added perspective does cause me to reflect a little more. It's so difficult to interpret the sincerity of people on the internet.