Community > Posts By > aladytoo

aladytoo's photo
Mon 04/08/13 06:26 AM
We call ourselfs mature adults,when dating.
There is no right or wrong answer.But where would you rather be? and why?

Revolving shoe rack?
Dating many,and discard the not a good fit, pinch,looks good but hurts,costly but what the heck.
OR
Taking time,looking,asking questions,taking your time to find something comfortable,that you have daily?

aladytoo's photo
Mon 04/08/13 06:11 AM
Regardless of it being 2013 erra.Each person choses,whats right for themselfs.Personally I don't belief in hookin up,or the 3 strikes.Sex is just sex.I'm the only one that has to live with my desision.I'd rather wait until a meaning full relationship.that develops.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 04/08/13 05:46 AM
We have had a long winter,time to mingle, and share a few laughs.Coffee friends are great to have.Who knows,maybe a great way to start your spring.

aladytoo's photo
Tue 02/09/10 09:23 AM

Like Santa Clause, it only comes once a year. Are ya'll ready to throw down and get crazy for them flowers and chocolates? I know I am!drinker flowerforyou

Throw down uhhhhhh for candy and flowers? Please I have more respect for myself then that.
Caring and loving someone is more then throw down??? Right?
But if your lookin for a hook up make sure she knows your intent is the same as her's.

aladytoo's photo
Tue 02/09/10 09:17 AM
I think 50/50 works well for me.
But I have found that I tend to do more for a man.Why is because it makes me feel good.Also was dating a man that took full advantage, of what I would do for him.So thats my fault.Live and let learn. If I get asked out, it's your treat, if I ask you out it's my treat.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 03:21 PM
Hey Tex!!! Happy birthday!!! haven't been here in a bit, been hmmm busy hope you have a great one!!!!!

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 03:11 PM
Voice the deeper the better hmmmm thats a great starter.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 03:08 PM

People confuse what Love actually is, they think it is butterflies, and all rosy all the time. Love is not just a feeling, Love is an action. Love is something you have to choose to do, because you care about a person. It's not fleeting...infatuation is.True Love is very difficult...for everyone. Sometimes choosing to love is easier on some days and more difficult on other days. But it is again something you must choose.

Wow that was very well said. Love is unconditional, with words, feelings, action, as well as knowing that you may not always agree, But you still love unconditional.When you look at that person even tho you don't always agree , you know your heart is so full.And you can get threw anything, one step, hand and hand.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:59 PM

That's like the 'I'm really not going to lower my standards for you, but I do have a needy friend that you are perfect for and I get to hear all the gory details' option

Well, that part wouldn't bother me at all, given that I understand standards are entirely subjective anyway.

The part that bothers me is the fact that I just don't see anybody suitable anywhere I look; maybe if I knew some people locally, my chances might improve.

I have found when looking you need 3 things tho, communication, trust ,honesty.With out one you have nothing... as for the rest I can lower my standards, as we all change year to year. I tend to run into people that are just all words blah blah blah , and nothing to back their word.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:54 PM

So I take it that some of you were'nt very big fans of the Dating Game show. laugh

No that show was fine, just a lot more wiser now.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:48 PM
Welcome, a bit to much info in request for me hahaha but good luck

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:45 PM
Welcome, good luck with your search

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:43 PM
Welcome ...there are many here with same values... take your time lookin.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:41 PM
Welcome and good luck, there are always nice peps all over.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:38 PM
Welcome , end what you have before starting new.... good luck

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:37 PM
Welcome...
Calling for 6/10 here too in wis.... quite ok let it snow...

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:32 PM

call me crazy (and I know some will lol) but what's wrong with group dates? If it is the first date, maybe the other person is nervous or trying to be cautious. Lots of weirdos out there (and I think I've dated them all lol)

I can see it, but if someone ALWAYS wants to go on group dates, that's just a bit odd.

Not sure about group dating, guess it might have it's plus.Isn't that the same as group mingle... or a group meet and greet.Those are fun.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:26 PM

Saw something on another site that I hadn't seen before.

There was a girl who said something along these lines in her profile: "Don't hesitate to write me. Even if we don't end up dating, we could be good friends and fix each other up with people we know."

OK, I have seen the occasional "I'm setting up this account for my mother because she needs to find a good man," and such -- the "intervening third party" concept. But I've never seen anyone make the suggestion that people could just get to know each other on a dating site and fix each other up.

The idea intrigues me because a.) pretty much everybody I've ever been involved with was someone I met through a friend, and b.) I do get e-mails from people who say things like "My friend likes you but she's intimidated by your writing," etc.

I'm just wondering if anybody sees this as a viable option.

I'm skeptical because the "fixer-uppers" I knew in the past were people who really knew me. They were like sisters to me, although I never had an actual real-life sister. But I knew they weren't going to hook me up with an arsonist, for example; which is exactly what the first girl I met from a dating site turned out to be.

And there are a few people -- only a few -- I feel I know well enough on line to be able to trust their judgment about this sort of thing, although it doesn't really matter since they all live too far away to provide any useful connections....

I've always preferred the "meeting-through-friends" option because of the inherent "screening process" that you simply don't get meeting people on line. And I'm not sure that an "on-line-friends-screening-process" would necessarily be as effective as the real-life version.

But I don't really know....

I have had many friends, have me meet their friends, but have to be honest not many know me that well to chose for me.As for on line friends hmmm nope not really a good options either. Not that I have better luck chosing myself but odds are better.

aladytoo's photo
Mon 02/08/10 02:18 PM

Bachelor/Bachelorette #1 - Strong willed and loyal, yet cynical and borderline insulting.

Bachelor/Bachelorette #2 - Pleasant, caring and sensitive to everybody, but highly likely to cheat because of their need for passion.

Bachelor/Bachelorette #3 - Boring and predictable, nothing really ever changes with them. Getting them to share feelings never comes easy.

uhh none of the above would be my honest answer,but since you want a choice of the 3 posted , yuck guess i'd take 1

aladytoo's photo
Thu 01/21/10 11:47 AM
Wow that was fantastic ty for sharing...i'm going to write that down so worth saving, wish I wrote it..lol

ty ty:heart:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25