Tue 03/14/17 05:38 PM
Hi back!
Really didn't mean to offend anyone. I really am a nice person

KarenW8's photo
Tue 03/14/17 05:22 PM
guess I had better come over and say hi.waving

KarenW8's photo
Tue 03/14/17 08:46 AM
Not sure "not interested" would be the right response. Trying to stress that not everyone who says hello or tries to make "cute" conversation is wanting to cuddle up with me. The point is that when a lady is sitting alone with her thoughts.. she really wants to be alone at that moment in time. I want to be very clear on this subject that when I am out at a singles dance or gathering, I truly welcome guys making conversation and being "cute" because that is the time and place for it. Like everyone else, I don't want to be lonely or ignored and being single is no treat for anyone. I take some guys on here think I am being some kind of stuck up b* word and that's not at all true.oops

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:55 PM
waving lets hope

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:53 PM
I would either feel very hurt or return the laugh and eye roll. It's all on my intention of what I was expecting from an unsolicited conversation with a stranger.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:48 PM
wouldn't it be nice if us gal's could be so open with men. Really, if I came up to a single guy texting on his phone and started idle chit-chat, how do you suppose that would go?

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:36 PM
I know your just trying to help, probably going to get a fake wedding band and see how that goes. And I have to stress I am not offended by people just being nice but I can tell the difference between someone just saying hello and are you sad and lonely cause your by yourself.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:21 PM
hard to answer that one. At those moments I am really not expecting to meet "Mr Right" especially at a small coffee shop. Been single long enough to know the chances aren't very good.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 05:17 PM
I do remember those days. Your right I should be flattered (and I do know that some gals my age probably think I am crazy) but the point is to have a quiet moment. I do belong to a local singles club and enjoy meeting new guys to dance and chat with bit it the purpose of the event. Having coffee (to me) shouldn't be a pick up place.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 04:58 PM
I am hearing this is a pretty common problem if your single and sitting alone.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 04:55 PM
Finally, someone who can relate! You understand what I am talking about..Thanks so much for your note on this. I have been told that I might want to put a ring on my finger it does seem to ward off guys but it irritates me that I have to go to such measures just enjoy a coffee.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 04:47 PM
Have actually thought about that a few times but my intention is to enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee and not have to carry on a conversation. In my job I have to smile and be conversant 10/hours a day. Just want a small slice of isolation once and a while.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 04:42 PM
It's not that I mind so much, it's more I like to enjoy a quiet moment as I get so few of them.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/13/17 04:40 PM
That's not nice at all, hate to hear of people like that!

KarenW8's photo
Sun 03/12/17 03:49 PM
Have to wonder why every time I try to just sit and enjoy a cup at Starbucks by myself, I am usually approached and asked "hows the brew today or something to that effect. Now, I do understand people just being friendly but.. because I am alone really does not mean I am wanting to entertain open conversation with strange guys. Anyone else out there having the same problem? I really hate to be mean so I will try to be a polite as possible but it usually winds up with me having to look at my watch and stating I have to go before I was really ready. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

KarenW8's photo
Sun 03/12/17 03:30 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughtswaving

KarenW8's photo
Wed 03/08/17 11:58 AM
Thank you so much for your thoughts. It is appreciated!

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/06/17 10:46 AM
Thank you Bob!
I haven't had much success with this site so like a typical woman, I thought I had not done a very good job on describing myself.waving

KarenW8's photo
Mon 03/06/17 10:46 AM
Thank you Bob!
I haven't had much success with this site so like a typical woman, I thought I had not done a very good job on describing myself.waving