Community > Posts By > KarenW8

KarenW8's photo
Wed 05/09/18 04:03 PM
Asking the guys who attend these kind of social functions..why is it that the more i dress up the less I get asked to dance. Last week I really went all out with a new dress, shoes, hairstyle makeup..the whole day getting ready. Sat mostly with the other ladies at our table talking about jobs and kids and pets, etc..not one dance. Last month I wore blue jeans and really looked like I just got out of bed and danced the night away..what gives, am I missing something..looking for thoughts on this before I decide to quit my meetup group.

KarenW8's photo
Sat 04/22/17 11:37 AM
No, and I can say that with some assurance. I actually posted my cell number (for a test in the middle of a paragraph) in my profile to see how many guys would notice it. NONE...

KarenW8's photo
Sat 04/15/17 12:41 PM
OMG, I do know a few guys that like to read while sitting on the potty.
Always worth a laugh but will never understand why.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 04/07/17 05:11 PM
Never meet a Canadian that I didn't like. Spent some time up near the great lakes and meet a few wonderful people from across the lake.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 04/07/17 01:39 PM
Is that us in the video?:smile:

KarenW8's photo
Fri 04/07/17 01:36 PM
Perfect, where can I get one!

KarenW8's photo
Thu 04/06/17 02:45 PM
Think:smile: you and I are a match made in heaven

KarenW8's photo
Thu 04/06/17 09:39 AM
Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. With me, it's always been a challenge to meet and maintain a healthy relationship. I am hoping at your tender age of 45 you haven't been subjected to a really bad marriage or breakup.
With myself and a lot of my friends we tend to be overly cautious and sometimes skeptical of the happy ever after outcome. I have meet a couple of really nice guys at my singles club but they are more interested in a "gal pal", dance partner or dinner date then a wife. So, my hopes of meeting that special one have kind of morphed into meeting that special friend that I can enjoy an intimate moment with as well as a "guy pal". I think if I were 45 again my goals would be a lot different.

KarenW8's photo
Wed 04/05/17 10:41 AM
I think it matters to guys more than women.

KarenW8's photo
Tue 04/04/17 11:04 AM
And you are right Jay, at least in my case I really don't like to appear to be one of those desperate women who throw themselves at single guys just so they look like they have somebody on their arm. And possibly because single women my age are are usually thought of as failures because we are single, I try to keep to my self and not advertise my situation.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 01:10 PM
Wouldn't surprise me any. I don't usually check out other women's profiles but it's most likely a M2 thing. Guess people just don't want to share too much information about themselves. :smile:

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 12:56 PM
Maybe, I will hide my cell phone number deep in my profile and see if anyone calls..lol

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 12:51 PM
You know, I think you are right about the guys on this site just look at the photo's and base their response without ever reading the profile. You would think that if someone really wants to get to know someone they would at least try to find out a little bit about the other person before jumping to the next pretty face.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 12:33 PM
Yup, typical guy's response
Are you saying women talk too much. lol

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 10:48 AM
What kind of profile statement is this trying to present to people.
Seems to be a tend lately and it sends a mixed message tome when I see it
in the description of some of the matches.

KarenW8's photo
Mon 04/03/17 10:44 AM
Wouldn't be so hard on your observation. There are times when "magic" can happen, even at Starbucks. I will say it again, that just because a lady is sitting by herself enjoying a cup does not mean she is looking for someone to feel sorry for her being alone.
I will be the 1st to say that a warm smile will always make me take notice and a second glance. Guys, here's a real hint (at least for me) of how to attract a woman's attention. Silly comments is just that and can be annoying especially when it sounds like a pick up line.

KarenW8's photo
Sat 04/01/17 11:27 AM
Thank goodness for our reading glasses. Have used this one for years and I really does get to the point. My kids knew that look too well. lol

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/31/17 07:53 PM
That's one of the main reasons I belong to a couple of singles meetup groups in my area. These are the best place to meet people because you are there for that sole reason. When attending these functions I fully expect and sometimes initiate, conversations. The great thing is that it's my choice to be there and it's understood by all of the intent.
Now, Sitting at a coffee shop in my morning drab, I am not all prepared for a wonderful and witty conversation with someone that I have never meet. The aggressive guys I am referencing to are the one's who make me feel uncomfortable when I don't respond with a "yes!!, here's my phone number and I will be waiting by the phone for you to call me for the rest of the day", instead, when I just smile then look away as polite as I can, I hear the "what a b**** line. Not saying all guys are like that but there are some that take it as a personal insult that you didn't engage fully with their request to converse.

KarenW8's photo
Fri 03/31/17 04:22 PM
oh, you are so right about your thoughts on this issue. I do smile and acknowledge people trying to make idle conversation. But..as you said, any woman can tell the difference between just a friendly hello and a poor attempt at a pick up line. Of course, I love attention (who doesn't)
but there is a time and place for it. The grocery store, gas stations, auto repair shops or anywhere where you are alone always feel so vulnerable to overly aggressive men. The wrong signal or look can can turn dangerous very quickly. I really dislike that I have to be so cautious all the time, but that's just the way it is.

KarenW8's photo
Thu 03/30/17 01:13 PM
Never was a complaint about men. It was more of an observation that when guys see a lady sitting alone they feel the need to converse (might be just a guy thing) but at some point it can become annoying. Again, not wanting to offend anyone here, just would like people to respect my private time.
And looking in the mirror just makes me feel more insecure. But that's another topic..lol

Previous 1 3 4