Community > Posts By > beautyonthefire

beautyonthefire's photo
Tue 05/11/10 06:34 AM
Edited by beautyonthefire on Tue 05/11/10 06:37 AM
Ok, so last night I though I would back off and he messaged me first. So I think only time will tell whether or not he is indeed interested. Also, I should have said that I felt like I had to do most of the initiating, not all of it. Either way, I will continue to back down just to give him more chances to contact me to see how that goes. Not trying to play games, just trying to level the playing field. I know I am making all of this more complicated than it really is! Lol

and the saga continues... Lol

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 05/10/10 07:12 PM

IF,,someone REALLY CARES about YOU,,,,THEY will always follow up and make sure YOUR ok,,and that YOUR not up-set with them or hurt or sick.....I DO,, anyway...drinker

Many people can burn the other one out by calling to much,,,but THEN THATS NOT A GOOD THING,,,wink,
because IF YOU REALLY FEEL THEM CLOSE,,,,YOU can NEVER talk enough with them AT FIRST!!flowerforyou

All very good points...thanks for the reminder! :smile:

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 05/10/10 07:10 PM

...Now if I could just follow my own advice...ha ha

lol...it's funny...I'd prbably give someone else the same advice everyone is giving me.

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 05/10/10 06:48 PM

Ok guys...so I thought I would post an update. I actually ended up not messaging him this weekend not because I was testing him but because I actually just had a busy weekend. When I did message him after a few days I asked how he was doing and the first thing he said was that he was sad and lonely because I disappeared on him and how we hadn't talked in days, etc. ?!?!? Then I mentioned that he could always message me if he wanted to say hello and his response was that he thought he might annoy me and that I am generally busier than he is...which is true (but still!). Sure enough we ended up talking having a great time talking for about 4 hours. I do get the impression that this is just a bit of a shy, possibly insecure guy but I do think he is a good guy so I am just going to be happy with that for now. Gosh I feel like a highschooler...lol. But it's all good.

Oh and to all the people that suggested I just ask him...well that would just be too logical, simple and easy now wouldn't it? lol!

Still you're the one that initated the contact again. The guy has to man up. I have talked for hours to peopke I was not in the slightest interested in or attracted to. Did i ever initate the contact? No never. Only the guys I was interested in. Just don't get too attached.. I mean if you talk for 4 hrs everytime you talk, that guy IS NOT SHY! just saying...lol

Good luck!

Ok ok ok, maybe I am in just a smidgen of denial...lol. Especially after this last conversation and mentioning to him that he could message me when he wants to talk there should not be any excuses. I suppose I will back off and put the ball in his court. Thanks for the reality check folks! lol

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 05/10/10 05:54 PM
Edited by beautyonthefire on Mon 05/10/10 06:03 PM
Ok guys...so I thought I would post an update. I actually ended up not messaging him this weekend not because I was testing him but because I actually just had a busy weekend. When I did message him after a few days I asked how he was doing and the first thing he said was that he was sad and lonely because I disappeared on him and how we hadn't talked in days, etc. ?!?!? Then I mentioned that he could always message me if he wanted to say hello and his response was that he thought he might annoy me and that I am generally busier than he is...which is true (but still!). Sure enough we ended up talking having a great time talking for about 4 hours. I do get the impression that this is just a bit of a shy, possibly insecure guy but I do think he is a good guy so I am just going to be happy with that for now. Gosh I feel like a highschooler...lol. But it's all good.

Oh and to all the people that suggested I just ask him...well that would just be too logical, simple and easy now wouldn't it? lol!

beautyonthefire's photo
Sun 05/09/10 05:56 PM
Edited by beautyonthefire on Sun 05/09/10 06:04 PM

Don't play games by not talking to him to "see what happens".

If you like chatting with him chat. If you don't don't.

Good relationships do not start out with agendas, time limits, or "let me do this and see what happens" gamesmanship.

I think i am leaning toward this philosophy... I like chatting with him and if he doesn't feel the same he would find a way to not talk to me, but he never does. In fact, im usually the one who has to end our conversations when we get talking into the wee hours of the night.

I suppose only time will tell if I am being naive or not. :-)

Thanks for all of your thoughts people!!

beautyonthefire's photo
Sun 05/09/10 05:52 PM

Try not messaging him for a few days and see what happens...I mean, what do you have to lose?
:)

I totally see your point...but then I think well i have a potential good guy to lose who just isn't good at initiating conversationn but great at keeping it lol. I guess thats what I tell myself.

beautyonthefire's photo
Sat 05/08/10 10:27 PM
Hey guys...I am in need of some advice. So I have been talking to this guy online for a couple of weeks. I am interested in this person and he seems interested in me, but it seems like I always have to initiate the conversation. When I do message him first, he always responds and seems happy to hear from me and we end up having great conversations lasting hours. He even once said that I should feel free to message him whenever I feel like talking. Sometimes I wonder if he isn't as interested as I am. On the other hand I start telling myself maybe he is just shy or something. Should I stop messaging him or is that being petty? I am probably overthinking all of this but, any thoughts?

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 02/22/10 07:39 PM

Clifton

he answers to;

cliffy

furry boy

little man!

I love him!:heart:

lol! You bring up a good point. What they're names are versus what we actually call them... Some of my dogs "additional" names include foo bear, bunny cake, boobie cake, mida bean, mama bear and tashi pie. hahaha, poor babies probably get confused.

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 02/22/10 07:30 PM
Tashi and Mida...Tibetan names since they are tibetan dogs. Tashi means good luck and Mida means pistol...which describes her pefectly....haha

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 02/22/10 07:19 PM
Edited by beautyonthefire on Mon 02/22/10 07:25 PM
i've been told tia carerre once...probably because some ppl think I look kinda hawaaian, and jordin sparks once. I wish I could agree! haha

beautyonthefire's photo
Sat 01/02/10 04:47 PM
How can you hate a video game? haha...I love it them both.

beautyonthefire's photo
Wed 12/30/09 04:08 PM
Nice...I like the smile too.

beautyonthefire's photo
Wed 12/30/09 03:53 PM
Edited by beautyonthefire on Wed 12/30/09 03:54 PM
I think its good so far. Maybe you could add a bit more about what you are looking for and a few more pics would be cool.

beautyonthefire's photo
Wed 12/30/09 02:43 PM

rating is all about numbers isn't it? On a scale from 1 to 10: 8 point 5.
I am wondering about the ethnicity though: there must be more to it then the profile says.

Well I am actually half black and half white..but mingle doesn't let you choose two ethnicities so I had to pick. lol...maybe I should explain that? That's the good thing about this topic...seeing what other people notice that I never would have!

beautyonthefire's photo
Tue 12/29/09 07:17 PM
I like it alot! I dont think there is anything I would change!

beautyonthefire's photo
Tue 12/29/09 07:12 PM
Looks good to me! Nice pictures and list of hobbies. If you can think of anything else to add to your description, cool. Also, I am not a punctuation/grammar freak but the uncapitalized I's are standing out to me...hehe.

Welcome!

beautyonthefire's photo
Mon 12/28/09 11:09 AM

...i would prefer the vulcan mind meld....live long and prosper...:laughing:

I'll have to go look this one up...haha.

beautyonthefire's photo
Sun 12/27/09 05:48 PM
blushing

love

blushing flowerforyou

beautyonthefire's photo
Sun 12/27/09 05:47 PM

Awwww, loved:heart: itflowerforyou

Ok cool. Thanks for checking it out for me!!

Previous 1 3 4 5 6