Community > Posts By > philosopher

no photo
Sat 08/11/07 07:49 AM
From these responses I've been reading, the best way to get a lot of sex does not seem to be to ask "Want to get married?" because it looks like all of you that got married mostly didn't do it anymore.

OK I'm just poking a little fun here at you all.

I'm thinking when you start to feel that old fire blazing up in your heart, and then you get sort of quiet and calm, and stand close to your babe, you don't actually have to say anything, because she will start feeling the flame and pretty soon she will have a fire of her own going. Then initiating things is not the problem, the problem is getting everybody's clothes off in a suitable location.

no photo
Sat 08/11/07 07:32 AM
If you're going to go out with someone new and have to pick a time to go, would you think 7 o'clock or 8 o'clock would make more sense. I'm thinking if it is a Friday night maybe 8 makes more sense, just to give everyone time to get off work and get prepared. Otherwise if it is a Saturday night, maybe 7 would be better.

I'm not too sure about this since I can't remember the last time I had a date, but somehow I think it must have been a few years. Anyway, this is just a contingency, in case I find myself having to ask someone out sometime in the next few years.

no photo
Wed 08/08/07 05:26 PM
Interestingly I see people lining up along party lines here for this issue. Nothing unremarkable about that, somebody wants some advantage for the Republican party, all the Republicans say hell yes, the Democrats hate the idea.

I expect this is a double edged sword, both sides get sliced and diced. I don't think the Republicans would take the hit in Texas that someone along this thread suggested (I read this stuff hours ago and didn't get a chance to respond), but I think there would be big shifts in other areas.

I think it would warp the political spectrum from what it is today. All the pundits would have to reevaluate their constituencies. I'm not so sure this would be a good thing as sometimes the status quo might be better than simply scrambling the eggs and seeing what comes out.

Out political system could use some shaking up though, just don't destroy the system in the process.

There could be some good come out of it though if the will of the people is more accurately reflected in the selection of the president. Remember this primarily goes to presidential politics. The senators and congressmen are all elected within their own state.

For the Republicans on the band wagon, this could really go the other way from what you expect. It would be very interesting to see an analytical study on the matter.

no photo
Wed 08/08/07 05:17 PM
Did this post have anything to say at all? I didn't go to the link so I'm not sure there was a topic. Usually I am interested in what people have to say even if I might not agree, but directing me to arcane sites around the web won't work for me. I'm unlikely to just go off clicking around other's links most of the time, although I take the chance sometime. So if you have something to say, would you mind just saying it?

no photo
Tue 08/07/07 07:50 AM
If you are marrying a man who is more in love with you than you are with him, it seems to me that you are taking advantage of him in some measure. Besides that, why would you marry a man you are not in love with? probably it is better to have some similar desire for one another.

Isn't there a book about the 'Dance of Anger' or some such where some complicated behavior is detailed regarding the push and pull between two people, where one is trying to get closer and it drives the other farther? I think this would be a very unpleasant situation for both lovers and to be avoided wherever possible.

For my personal position, I'm not marrying a woman who loves me less than I love her. On the other hand if a woman falls inexplicably madly in love with me when I'm not feeling the passion, I'm not marrying her either.

What I think I want is someone who, whenever I see her face, makes me want to smile. And if she has the same response to me, then I think we have a nice match.

no photo
Tue 08/07/07 07:33 AM
Things to think about, from an email I got.
you may have seen this stuff before, maybe not.

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
17. You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
18. A writer writes. &nbs p;If you want to be a writer, write.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
36. Growing old beats the alternative, ie. dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
42. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
44. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
45. The best is yet to come.
46. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
47. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
48. If you don't ask, you don't get.
49. Yield.
50. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.

Those who matter don't judge me....those who judge me don't matter."

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 06:03 PM
Johnnie Carson was pretty good.

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 05:57 PM
well, I have some nice house slippers and the right one is just like the left one. I suppose they are solemates. So I guess I have to say yes I believe in solemates.

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure this pizza needs some anchovies.

Did anyone ever try kippers on a pizza?

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 03:48 PM
I believe in it. Hopefully it might strike a man and woman both rather than just one of them.

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 03:42 PM
I have a lobbyist in Washington and I'm a real person. What I want the gov't to do is good for you.

I don't pay anywhere near minimum wage and I hope to give raises as soon as possible.

I want my employees to have to pay less tax.

I would like to make a profit, otherwise why would I work.

I'm not an oil company, but it would be interesting to build a refinery. Anybody have 100 million laying around they would like to invest? I could loan you my lobbyist.

Fanta, you missed on every count.

Lobbyists wrote every bill Obama submitted anyway so we have a pot calling the kettle black.

Anybody going to ask what my lobbyist is working towards? I'll give you a hint, Its something green (enviro-green).

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 03:09 PM
Where is your vote Bay Gal, since you started this thing?

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 02:48 PM
Hillary, but on the Democrat side I prefer Lieberman

no photo
Mon 08/06/07 07:33 AM
Its okay with me, especially as you have distinguished yourself by mentioning that you are intelligent in your profile.

Since we are on the subject of intelligence can you tell me if okay is actually a word? I have observed that spellcheckers tend to not recognize okay as okay, which is intolerable from my perspective. I think I'm going to start a thread about okay. Okay?

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 04:08 PM
Some girls want some things some girls want others. Some want you to like them for their mind, some want you to like them for their breasts, of which they might happen to be quite proud. I'm an open minded sort and can appreciate both minds and breasts. In fact I would love it if you dazzle me with your wit and breasts both. Go for it. More cheesecake please.

Posting cheesecake is not crap. I'll be happy to cheer you up after somebody else complains about it.

Hurray for cheesecake!!

Am I all alone here?

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 02:09 PM
Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, a good read.

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 01:16 PM
Think of your price paid for gas as a combination of costs and taxes. Whether the tax is charged to the supplier or to the consumer ultimately the consumer pays the tax.

Now as a businessman I figure tax as part of my cost. So if you add a dollar to my costs I will add a dollar and a half to my price. Then you'll pay the sales tax on the inflated price. That is a triple whammy. So go ahead and sock it to those evil oil companies.

Does anybody have a handy picture of a 16th century monk practicing self-flagellation? After beating themselves to a pulp they proceeded to practice the fine art of inquisition. You have to watch out for lunatics. Or maybe I'm going a little too easy on the concept here.

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 01:09 PM
Wait till she is driving home from work and have someone drive you in your car. You hang out the window,waving your arms and shout "Hey Mama, we're having a party, want to come?"

If that doesn't work you could try it like Donnasic suggested and just stalk her in the parking lot where she works.

Shakes me haid n rollz me eyez.

Waitresses are hit on all the time. Take your chances. If she likes you she will let you know. Just keep in mind she probably gets chances every day and maybe several times a day, so saying no is something she may have practiced quite a lot.

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 01:01 PM
What about the reserve process? I thought you could get some relief there. Seems to me I read that you have to pay a fee if an item doesn't sell based on the reserve amount but I'm not too clear on that. If anyone can shed some light on that I'd be interested in hearing about it. I have several industrial tools I would like to get rid of and I've been reluctant to go that route.

You might try bid4assets.com or craigslist.com, where you can list in different cities. I don't know if you can list all cities at once. There you just offer something for sale at whatever price you are comfortable with.

no photo
Sun 08/05/07 12:56 PM
Sounds like things are moving too fast for the woman. I'm with Bay on this one, give the gal some slack and take your time.

In addition to that you might go easy about professing your unending devotion and love. That can be a little creepy too.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next