Community > Posts By > ameryn

ameryn's photo
Sat 03/14/09 11:42 PM
"$#!* happens and life goes on; most importantly, it does go on."
-Me

ameryn's photo
Sat 03/14/09 01:36 AM
Definitely prefer showers... and I sing every time!

Unfortunately, I've been having hip problems lately. And since I like to take looonnnnnng showers, I'll just take a quick shower and then sit in the bath. *And yes, I sing in the bath too. Haha*

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:09 PM
Sometimes I wish the jury could choose the sentencing. Torture a girl for 30 hours and then kill her? I would choose a slow, torturous death right there in the courtroom (for humiliation purposes).

:D

'Justice system' is such an oxymoron sometimes...

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:00 PM
1) mice & rats
2) being alone

I can handle heights, snakes, rollercoasters, monsters, guns... so many things!! But I can barely handle THINKING about mice... *shudders*

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:54 PM

Own a duck?????

That's different!!!!!!!!

What kind? Indian runner...(donald duck kind)

or muscovy, or ?????

I want a mallard. :) Yeah it is kinda different - but I'm a little eccentric myself. Haha

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:51 PM
I would spend 3 hours in the library, reading whatever I could find. I would walk around with friends outside, joking around and singing. And I would finish off the day with a good lay. :D

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:42 PM
Depends on the situation. If it's a decent conversation, then no. If it's a debate, arguement, or anything of the sort, then most of the time, yes... That's generally because I want to make sure that I've been understood.

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:39 PM
I would rather get a back rub. I give really good back rubs so I never get them!! :( Sex is easier access for me. Hehe

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:37 PM
Oh wow... Good question!

-take a linguistics class
-go to Egypt
-join the 'mile high club' ;)
-own a duck

Those are the main ones. :D

ameryn's photo
Fri 03/13/09 03:33 PM
Hey Jude...

Hands down.

ameryn's photo
Tue 03/10/09 09:33 PM
This is completely generalized, but I hate that (most) men think that they can do any job better than me. Yes, I can move boxes on my own. Yes, I can fix the computer on my own. And yes, I can even change the oil in my car while wearing heels. Leave me alone unless I ask for your help!

Okay, so maybe I have some pent-up frustration... blushing

ameryn's photo
Tue 03/10/09 01:19 AM

i cant wait for auditory hallucinations to kick in.

Well good luck on this experiment... But I don't think it's the audiotry hallucinations that you should be most excited about. If you do visualize a gorgeous g/f and whatnot, I would think you'd be more anxious for the tactile hallucinations....... :wink:

ameryn's photo
Tue 03/10/09 01:12 AM
Call me a liar.

I may not be perfect, but if I'm anything at all, it's honest.

ameryn's photo
Tue 03/10/09 12:52 AM

I very much digest and understand your point...

However, life IS short. It is simply a relative phrase,and should be treated as "simple" and not over-analyzed.

Ask the 92 year-old man gasping for his last breath what he wishes for: One more day.

Ask the 9 year-old child dying of leukemia what he wishes for: A double-dipped chocolate ice cream cone.

What I have found most intriguing in my 46 years on Earth is that the "longer" we live, the more we profess how "short" life is.

Why is this?

Perhaps is is due to the myriad of experiences we gather in our mosaic of life...the more we see those pass before us...the more we are faced with our own mortality...we become fearful of the impending end.

Life IS short..whether you are 92 or 6 years of age. Again, relativity. We are gluttoneous by nature, and we will always desire MORE of a good thing; hence (I love that word, HENCE...giggles), be saddened by the "end" of a self-professed good thing.

Conversely, who are "we" to say that this thing termed LIFE is the most lengthy thing we shall ever experience when the majority of folks are seeking and striving for "everlasting" life?

Just a thought.... flowerforyou

I can understand and completely respect what you're saying here. Doesn't necessarily change my opinion, but I do understand it. Of course, it is all a matter of perspective. Even this conversation is a matter of perspective. And that's exactly why I started this... I enjoy seeing others' perspectives. Sometimies, whether or not I agree, it can still shed some light onto my own views. biggrin

ameryn's photo
Tue 03/10/09 12:48 AM

OOHHH...WWWEEEE,and to think I had just logged off,and decided to come back for a sec.....glad I did....I am sorry you took offense to my remark in the other thread...But like I stated..this is JMO..after everything I have been thru in my 40 years.....and Thank You for the new perspective on it.but it still does not change my opinion.just for perspective sake...and kicks and giggles...lets just say,after you have lived a few more years,YOU may have a new way to think about it too.Thank you for your opinion on this..Welcome to Mingle2.glasses smokin bigsmile flowerforyou

No worries! Honestly, I didn't take offense to it your comment at all. I thought it was actually very interesting and has apparently helped spark a contraversial yet intriguing interaction. And who knows? Maybe in a few years I WILL have a new, awe-inspiring opinion. :smile:

ameryn's photo
Mon 03/09/09 11:33 PM
Okay so in a completely different topic, I made the comment that life is not short; life is the longest thing that you will ever experience. I would like to amend my statement... (I didn't get into this on the other post because it was pretty much irrelavent to the topic.)

Yes, life is always changing. Life is filled with inconsistancy, hurdles, and trials. And I definitely agree that no matter what age you die, most people are still left wanting more. Personally, I just don't like that phrase... I'm a smart aleck, and I tend to take the literal meaning. I understand the whole "you never know which breath will be your last" thing, and that there's never enough time in the day. I don't like saying that life is short though because, honestly, what do you have to compare it to? Saying something is short is stating that there is something comparable... that there is something longer. What is longer than life? Someone should come up with a new phrase.

Yeah I'm young, and yeah I still have a lot to learn - I promise, I know! happy - however, I also like to give people something new to think about. I love seeing new perspectives! bigsmile

ameryn's photo
Mon 03/09/09 11:13 PM
Ooooo Ahhhh, Ooooo Ahhhhh, only at Mattress Giant, Ooo Ahhhhhh

ameryn's photo
Mon 03/09/09 11:03 PM
Okay so this might be a little off topic... I PROMISE, I'm not trying to be a smart aleck, but I just needed to get this out there: I despise the phrase 'Life is short.' Life is the longest thing you will ever experience!

Alright, that's it. *climbs off of soapbox*

ameryn's photo
Mon 03/09/09 10:51 PM
I believe that people are brought together by fate, although I would disagree that everyone has "the one" that they're meant to be with. For example, my grandmother was married three times... and although she claims that her third husband (who has since passed) was her soulmate, I figure that he was just who she was supposed to be with at that time in her life.

I have a completely different definition of soulmates though. (FYI: You have to believe in reincarnation to agree with my theory.) I believe that soulmates are two individuals that find each other in each life. Whether they are best friends, lovers, or siblings, they are two people who have a deep, incomprehensible connection with each other.

ameryn's photo
Mon 03/09/09 12:34 PM
I completely understand. Sometimes, everything just piles up and you feel like you're in a downward spiral toward nothing. I would suggest counseling. There's really nothing wrong with seeing a counselor; they're awesome people to vent to and get all of your stressors out there on the table.

You also need lots of sunshine!! (Seriously.) Sunshine is proven to increase your endorphins and stimulate your mood. So go for a walk, bike riding, anything :smile:

I wish you best and hope you get to feeling better.

Previous 1