Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/03/11 03:23 AM
Bones is good, ended up buying the DVDs but haven't sat down and watched them. This year is the show ender and is supposedly a half season.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/02/11 06:56 AM
I do! Didn't care as much for DS9, but enjoyed everything else.

Thoroughly enjoyed the newest version/alternate history one. They're supposed to be making a sequel.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/01/11 02:15 PM
Nice photos, illumastorm!

I like Praying Mantises. I was one for Halloween long ago and far away. It was fun!

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/01/11 02:13 PM
Just finished Bk. 11, The Loner: Crossfire by J. A. Johnstone. Another excellent book in the series.

Now for Sexiest Vampire Alive by Kerrilyn Sparks.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/01/11 02:11 PM
Seabiscuit, a bit drawn out.

Taken, surprisingly good!

Tonight is Transformers 3, I loved it in the theatre, can't wait to watch it again.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/01/11 02:06 PM

The cloverleaf bridges on the big highways weird me out. There's some visual issue involved, I believe. But I don't like them at all.

for me I think it's a balance & inner ear thing....

Yeah, I really think that too. It also fries my sense of direction.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/01/11 12:44 PM
The cloverleaf bridges on the big highways weird me out. There's some visual issue involved, I believe. But I don't like them at all.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/29/11 04:21 PM

So is there a difference between a Zonky and as Zedonk?

Or hasn't the name been ruled on yet? laugh laugh

Zedonk is the most common name. Zonkey, zebronkey, zeedonk, are other names used.

Zebroid is the technical name, with zedonk being a zebra-donkey cross, a zony being a zebra-pony cross, and a zorse being a zebra-horse cross.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/29/11 12:37 PM
Mmmm, hard. Way too many books! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/29/11 12:35 PM
Zedonks aren't common, but have happened before.

http://www.semissourian.com/story/1579914.html

My understanding is that they're sterile, but in all honesty, mules have been breeding, so it wouldn't surprise me if zedonks could.

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/29/11 12:32 PM
Something Borrowed

EquusDancer's photo
Thu 09/29/11 12:31 PM
The irony being that almost all of the Big Cats are solitary creatures. People want to be in relationships, but don't realize the somewhat negative connotation with this?

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/28/11 12:56 PM

That's one other thing I hate about them, when you walk into their webs. Even walking around outside, I tend to find 1 thread, actually it finds me and sticks on my face/hair. Then I always wonder if a spider was actually on it or not! Annoying things grumble tongue2

THAT I can fully agree with!

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/28/11 12:55 PM

I got one I've been feeding on my back porch that I haven't identified yet but he/she looks mean, I mean meaner than two fat mother ****ers wrestlin' over pork chops and collared greens can you dig it.

I like throwing grasshoppers at the orb spiders, watching them roll them up.

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/28/11 12:54 PM

Grrrr. A giant orange spider tried to land on me a week ago, being a light sleeper that i am, I felt the wind of his whisp flying down towards me and grabbed him in the dark and popped his body with my hand. I didnt even mean too. I acted spontaneously when i felt something hitting my forehead at 2am. I heard his body snap when i popped it like a pimple and when i turned the light on, his legs were all curled up on my quilt. GROSS!

Ugh!

I almost did that to a pet rat. She'd gotten out of her cage in the middle of the night, came to burrow in the bed with me, felt her whiskers and almost threw her. Fortunately, didn't happen.

ok i need to stop reading this post, i'll never get to sleep tonight surprised surprised surprised

Bwahahahah!!! pitchfork pitchfork :banana:

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 09/28/11 02:56 AM

Well, like Lowered wrote, it's a confidence thing, mostly. Probably a self-esteem issue too. I personally don't have problems with someone who is nervous, if he or she is honest about it. That's probably why I can be an extrovert well enough to make people comfortable. Get them to relax, and they'll get over being nervous. A lot of it is family upbringing. Someone who was shy, yelled at for it, or in general etc. will be more obviously nervous then others. It's a lot of why I prefer people with animals, who are comfortable with them. You can't really be nervous around animals, because they'll getting upset themselves. Cool confidence wins every day. After all, nervous up on a 1200lb horse could get ya killed. And we won't even go into cattle and their reactions. happy It's what gets people in trouble with dog bites.
exactly!!! want to see if someone is decent, go to a petting zoo for a first date. if all the animals are freaking out around them then find someone else. but if the animals are all around them and wanting attention then they can't be too bad.

That theory about animals or kids doesn't work as both seem to like me but I sure don't feel the same way. Obviously kids and pets don't have the sense to know I am not comfortable around either. So much for that theory.

I've found that a benign dislike seems to be ignored by animals. That tends to bring out the curiousity in them. Kids too. I personally don't care for kids but would never hurt them.

Now an active, aggressive, or malicious dislike definitely shows response from animals. The ex who threatened to behead the parakeets liked my black dog but resented the deaf dog. He would poke and tease her when I wasn't looking and she didn't like him. I blamed it on the cigarettes when he was trying to quit, because he was openly mean and would make her yelp. Later I realized there was more to it.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/27/11 04:53 PM
Have an old book written about the Isle of Man, published in 1912. I need to get it fixed as the binding is in rough shape. My folks have interesting assorted older books, though they're not collectors pieces per say.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/27/11 10:45 AM
Well said!

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/27/11 10:11 AM

Ugh!
I almost did that to a pet rat. She'd gotten
out of her cage in the middle of the night,
came to burrow in the bed with me, felt her
whiskers and almost threw her. Fortunately,
didn't happen.

<<< Rat faint.

Awww, ratties are sweeties! I miss having them.

EquusDancer's photo
Tue 09/27/11 10:10 AM

we have really cute lil black fuzzy ones, they look like skunks but they are spiders and they jump...They are so cute. Now that i know they are harmless I am not scared of them. Ive held tarantulas too.

I was terrified of all animals as a child. Now I try and be brave for my own kids. I held a tarantula and a millipede at the Fair one year. I still wont touch a snake though.

Yeah, those are the ones that stay in the house here. Black fuzzies, though I think wolf spiders or jumping spiders is more accurate. They're funny and have attitude. LOL!