Community > Posts By > EquusDancer

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 09:13 AM
Men who WHINE! All the dang time, about everything!

And grammar, spelling, etc.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 09:12 AM
In fairness to all the men I've dated, they've never not opened doors, or complained when I've opened doors.

Now, I find it highly amusing that all of the guys I do know who do gripe about it, might start out opening doors, giving flowers or whatever, but then when they become comfortable with the person, it all stops. Kinda hypocritical, IMO.

EquusDancer's photo
Sun 10/23/11 09:07 AM
It wouldn't surprise me.

Personally, I find women attractive, but no appeal to even try dating. I've never even considered going that far. Definitely into guys.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/22/11 12:55 PM
Anything I'm in the mood for! LOL!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/21/11 12:20 PM

I think of my dog more as a very spoiled child.

Shhhh, I'm not admitting to that!!

EquusDancer's photo
Wed 10/19/11 03:50 PM
Bridesmaids and Gamer

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/15/11 08:49 PM
Personally, I haven't had any problems with it. It depends what you want however. I can't stream, but 4 DVDs at a time works perfectly for me, and I actually like the streaming and DVDs cost being split, so I don't have to pay for streaming when I don't use it. It's way cheaper then running in to town for Blockbuster or Redbox. It's a bit frustrating that new movies don't come out till a month after they hit the store, but I've got plenty of other things to watch. I've found its a pretty good selection of things. They have a free monthly trial thing you can try out.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/15/11 03:01 PM
Haven't heard of that one Simone. Watching the Futurama movies this weekend.

EquusDancer's photo
Sat 10/15/11 02:59 PM
The Event Group books by David Golemon

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/14/11 08:37 AM
Too funny, love it!

EquusDancer's photo
Fri 10/14/11 08:35 AM
That's sweet miss! I get so tired of people who do the cats are so standoffish thing and that's why they don't like them.

Rainbow, Shadow chose me, I choose Bella, but there was an instant connection, and Freckles choose me, though it wasn't that hard for me to say yes. I've found animals show up when needed.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 07:24 PM
Edited by EquusDancer on Mon 10/10/11 07:28 PM
And if you pay attention to people, it works the same way.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 07:24 PM
I've found that tends to run in cycles, for lack of a better word. The dogs are usually the most noticeable, where they will be very clingy, in your face, bark at the leaves on the trees that have been there all blasted year, to ignore everything, leave me alone type attitude. I see it with all the animals, but since the dogs are in the house with me and closest, its really obvious. The indoor birds tend to be more screamy and loud at certain times of the month as compared to any other time.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 06:56 PM
Again with the pigs comment!! :-) Men are not pigs. My pigs are well-behaved and sweet. Rocky will happily curl up next to you, not try and jump you, and he understands no. I might give you men are like goats, though. I hate October with goats.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:54 PM
Mine are the furred and feathered kids. I wouldn't say married, but I won't get rid of them. My critters have been through thick and thin with me.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:48 PM

I hear that it is like that in a lot of places but, Texas has a pretty wide open job market with alot of availability. Not sure why but, It seems like most places are hiring.

I call BS! I've been out for a year and couldn't find squat. I was dropping 20+resumes a week to ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I could find. I finally, finally, started a job today. Texas is doing no better then the rest of the country, despite all of the hype.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:45 PM
I'm a loner, I enjoy doing most everything alone, or alone without human company. I prefer bookstores alone, I try and hit a movie once a week, and that's usually alone. I do on occasion go with friends, but find myself more irritated with the couple of friends I do go with because they tend to whine about why they aren't dating. Takes the pleasure out of going with someone.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:39 PM

I always have enough money to cover my half and will always offer to pay my half. If they insist on paying, that's up to them.

Depends on who asks, but I agree with singme's comment

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:36 PM

I like his attitude and honesty :)

Any Real men out there? (for a femenist with old values!!!) going once! going twice! gone! Added to endangered species category.

how about my Irish friend? maybe we'll make a good match afterall. who knows! there are not manuals & standards and last time I've checked half my skull was semi-full which is pretty good for a femenist I'd say. what was the topic about?! :P

I have been on the endangered species for some time and cool with it. I didn't realize when I took the Women Studies classes in college that there were male feminists. I mean at first it seemed like a contradiction in terms. I mean all I could do at first was laugh when taking the classes when reading how hard to get that many different women to partially agree on things written in the books. But they had some great female writers who had so much revisions to do. Imagine trying to come up with just some of the terminologies in writing the books. The cat fights were just outrageous from a male perspective. There are no telling how many revisions they had to come up to get the final drafts before some of the books went into publication. I mean I just went in for the Creative Writing class and had no idea it would get so intense but I figured if they could put up with all the revisions they had to do I could survive Creative Writing. Of all the books I had to read like, "Our bodies, Ourselves" and "The Feminine Mystique" "The Feminine Mystique" is still my favorite. I am not sure which the last rework of that book is at now. It did screw up my second marriage to the same lady but it help me to understand that after that class I just couldn't stay in the old fashioned type of marriage that I had. There were just too many contradictions for me to deal with like when she would say that I was to be the man of the house. I mean just really what does that mean any more.rofl

Men who support equal rights for women are feminists, even if they don't like the word. Heck, women who support equal rights for women are feminists even if they avoid the word.

EquusDancer's photo
Mon 10/10/11 05:30 PM
No! We broke up for legitimate reasons. I'm in contact with several, one wants me to meet him and his girlfriend at a camping event this weekend, but I'd never even consider dating him, and we keep in touch. The screwy ex would be shot if I saw him again.